Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsbug 6 Paintsville 4
Had a really hard time adjusting to the slow pitching of the Tigers. Nice win Blackcats. Keep on rolling.
Very nice win for the Blackcats!

Anyone know when Chase Lafferty is going to be eligible for Pburg?
Bad game for the tigers.
Hook, do you have any stats and breakdown for this game? From PTF it sounds bad.
Paintsville will be fine. They are young but talanted, I'm sure things will be fixed soon. They are to talanted for it not to be.
TigerBlues Wrote:Hook, do you have any stats and breakdown for this game? From PTF it sounds bad.

Not right now.
Tigers had a 4-1 lead going into the 6th with one out and then the wheels fell off. BBs, Hit batters, 4 maybe 5 INF hits and a mental/physical error (youth). Guess what. That's the game of baseball. IMO, The Tigers will be fine. It is still early and Coach WILL have them ready come Tourney time. A lot of people forget that the last two game the Tigers have been starting 1 8th, 2 Frosh, and 2 Sophs in the Inf. All of which have ZERO Varsity experience until now. I think they are holding their own. Just give them time. With time comes confidence.

This Region has about 5/6 teams that will be competing for the crown. IMO there is no front runner as of now. To early to tell.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
UpYours Wrote:Had a really hard time adjusting to the slow pitching of the Tigers. Nice win Blackcats. Keep on rolling.

Yea...so did we.:Shaking:

Everyone knows it's not about velocity. It's all about location and Caldwell did a fine job of that through 6 INs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
From what I seen Caldwell had done a pretty good job and the D was behind him I thank he had thrown 70 some pitches not to bad for his first start and he is just a sophomore so he will get stronger . And as for them being young infield they will come around befor tourney time. Good luck TIGERS
More contradiction. In the thread where Magoffin beat Paintsville it was stated about the velocity (or lack there of) by the Hornets pitching and how the Tigers struggled hitting the 60mph fast ball, now its placement not speed.

Great win Blackcats.
First game I've got to attend this season and I would like to say the Paintsville fans (students) made some very ugly comments. If any of the administration were there, then shame on you for letting those kids say such nasty things. If the administration wasn't in attendance then someone else (adult) should have put a stop to it. Definately took away from a very entertaining event.
You don't haft to be able to throw a 100 mile an hour fastball to be a good pitcher but it does help lol . If you hit your spots and throw in the 60 to 70 range your going to get more wins than losses so IMO placement means a lot. Neither kid was really in the 70 range but both had a good outing with PLACEMENT
It really sounds like we missed a good game compared to some of the scores I've seen
PHS Coach Wrote:First game I've got to attend this season and I would like to say the Paintsville fans (students) made some very ugly comments. If any of the administration were there, then shame on you for letting those kids say such nasty things. If the administration wasn't in attendance then someone else (adult) should have put a stop to it. Definately took away from a very entertaining event.
You were there coach.Perhaps you should have discussed with the umps or used your cell. Not a good sounding situation.
I agree mch
Ike Cooter Wrote:More contradiction. In the thread where Magoffin beat Paintsville it was stated about the velocity (or lack there of) by the Hornets pitching and how the Tigers struggled hitting the 60mph fast ball, now its placement not speed.

Great win Blackcats.

Sorry...But you are an idiot. You have no clue WTF you are talking about. All you are doing is looking to start shit.

Tigers DID struggle with the slow stuff right down the middle of the plate. PBurg struggled with a not so fast pitcher that located the ball.

HUGE difference. NOT a contradiction.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
PHS Coach Wrote:First game I've got to attend this season and I would like to say the Paintsville fans (students) made some very ugly comments. If any of the administration were there, then shame on you for letting those kids say such nasty things. If the administration wasn't in attendance then someone else (adult) should have put a stop to it. Definately took away from a very entertaining event.

You had a adult from prestonsburg calling a paintsville Kid fat frank. That is a adult yelling insults at kids. I was there and heard everything that was said, Yes Pvilles kids said some bad things but the worst they did was tell a kid he sucked, The adult from Pburg personally insulted a kid. After that the kids got mean.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:You had a adult from prestonsburg calling a paintsville Kid fat frank. That is a adult yelling insults at kids. I was there and heard everything that was said, Yes Pvilles kids said some bad things but the worst they did was tell a kid he sucked, The adult from Pburg personally insulted a kid. After that the kids got mean.

For the record...the parent from Prestonsburg only said what he said after he had had enough! I've been at baseball games with this parent for almost 10years including little league and this was the first I ever heard him raise his voice in anger or disgust at anybody. In fact, it wasn't until after he said that, that they finally shut up. Not the opposite. The disrespect and lack of class shown by the student section of Paintsville was by far the worst I have seen in a long time, at any field. By the way, the parents of two different Paintsville players came over after the game to apologize and explain how embarrased they were. They also assured us the school administration would be made aware of what went on. So, if it makes you feel better to put the blame on someone else, go ahead but if you were really there, then you know where the problem really was and you also know what was REALLY being said from the home bleachers. The only thing that woud have been worse would be to leave there with a loss after having to listen to that for seven innings. We didn't!
606sportsfan Wrote:For the record...the parent from Prestonsburg only said what he said after he had had enough! I've been at baseball games with this parent for almost 10years including little league and this was the first I ever heard him raise his voice in anger or disgust at anybody. In fact, it wasn't until after he said that, that they finally shut up. Not the opposite. The disrespect and lack of class shown by the student section of Paintsville was by far the worst I have seen in a long time, at any field. By the way, the parents of two different Paintsville players came over after the game to apologize and explain how embarrased they were. They also assured us the school administration would be made aware of what went on. So, if it makes you feel better to put the blame on someone else, go ahead but if you were really there, then you know where the problem really was and you also know what was REALLY being said from the home bleachers. The only thing that woud have been worse would be to leave there with a loss after having to listen to that for seven innings. We didn't!

They all stood up and moved over close to the press box after that, and then they got mean. Obviously you arent gonna admit what the parent did was wrong, I guess you must come from a school of thought where adults insulting kids is ok. and after that was when the kids got mean I was literally right there. Sitting right behind them when it happened. And the school administration wont care because of the simple fact that nothing harsh was said. The worst thing said what that a player sucked one kid said some more off color things but he was stopped. Get over yourself man its highschool baseball and kids having fun. Hell when was the last time you went to a game where the students actually got into it? baseball is generally ignored nowadays.

The bolded btw is the funniest thing I have ever read on this site. Prestonsburg students chanted Paintsville P*ssies at us one year at a football game. Trust me man if you think that was bad you havent been around the rivalry a long time.
OffTheHook Wrote:Sorry...But you are an idiot. You have no clue WTF you are talking about. All you are doing is looking to start shit.

Tigers DID struggle with the slow stuff right down the middle of the plate. PBurg struggled with a not so fast pitcher that located the ball.

HUGE difference. NOT a contradiction.

Wow, why the anger? lol. I think we can all see who the "idiot" is. The one who thinks theres a "huge" difference between the "slow stuff" down the middle and the "not so fast" pitches that were located (in your opinion). I'm sure everyone else who read this thread could recognize that the original post was simply referring to the Prestonsburg batters struggling with a slower pitcher. They never said a bad pitcher. Fact is, in Prestonsburg's first four games they faced pitchers with very good velocity and they hit the ball well. They definitely were struggling with the timing in Paintsville, NOT the location. This is not unusual, nor is it a slam on the pitcher. It's just the facts and part of the game. In fact, when Coach Miller brought in a new pitcher with more velocity, everyone on our side knew immediately it was a mistake. Obviously, we were right.
606sportsfan Wrote:Wow, why the anger? lol. I think we can all see who the "idiot" is. The one who thinks theres a "huge" difference between the "slow stuff" down the middle and the "not so fast" pitches that were located (in your opinion). I'm sure everyone else who read this thread could recognize that the original post was simply referring to the Prestonsburg batters struggling with a slower pitcher. They never said a bad pitcher. Fact is, in Prestonsburg's first four games they faced pitchers with very good velocity and they hit the ball well. They definitely were struggling with the timing in Paintsville, NOT the location. This is not unusual, nor is it a slam on the pitcher. It's just the facts and part of the game. In fact, when Coach Miller brought in a new pitcher with more velocity, everyone on our side knew immediately it was a mistake. Obviously, we were right.

Bub...don't jump into something you don't know anything about. That is a history between Ike and myself. NOTHING to do with anyone at PBurg. Especially you. And YES there is a HUGE difference between pitches down the middle and pitches located. Which Cladwell did all night, was locate his pitches on the outside corner all night long. As for the ones down the middle. NO reference to the PBurg pitcher. I was talking about the MC pitcher. And for you infor....The second pitcher that came in...Threw the same velocity as Caldwell. When Moore came in, which he throws harder than both, It was four up three down. Now as for the mistake of the new pitcher. YEP, you all killed the ball didn't you...lol. Runs scored on BBs, Hit Batters and INF Hits. You had 4 hits that inning and the only one that cleared the INF was Welch's to left off of Caldwell.

When the new pitcher came in:
Shelton - Bunt single towards 3rd
Shepherd - HBP
Hall - FC by the SS, E-5 cause the 3rd Baseman wasn't on the bag for the force out.
Anderson - Sac Fly to the SS (Which I might add should have been called a INF Fly rule) WHY..Cause the ball barely clear the infield grass and if the SS decides to drop it purposely. Easy double play cause EVERY runner was standing on their respected base. INF Fly doesn't have to be just on the INF.
Willams - INF single fielded by the SS in between Short and 3rd.
Chaffin - FO8 to end the inning.

So yep...you guys killed the new pitcher.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
606sportsfan Wrote:For the record...the parent from Prestonsburg only said what he said after he had had enough! I've been at baseball games with this parent for almost 10years including little league and this was the first I ever heard him raise his voice in anger or disgust at anybody. In fact, it wasn't until after he said that, that they finally shut up. Not the opposite. The disrespect and lack of class shown by the student section of Paintsville was by far the worst I have seen in a long time, at any field. By the way, the parents of two different Paintsville players came over after the game to apologize and explain how embarrased they were. They also assured us the school administration would be made aware of what went on. So, if it makes you feel better to put the blame on someone else, go ahead but if you were really there, then you know where the problem really was and you also know what was REALLY being said from the home bleachers. The only thing that woud have been worse would be to leave there with a loss after having to listen to that for seven innings. We didn't!
Got one worse than this sinero for you sports fan. Try getting your car keyed at a P-burg home game because the car had a player sticker on it.That was a 1 bill deal by the blackcat faithful. Come on don't talk about control by an administration.
OffTheHook Wrote:Bub...don't jump into something you don't know anything about. That is a history between Ike and myself. NOTHING to do with anyone at PBurg. Especially you. And YES there is a HUGE difference between pitches down the middle and pitches located. Which Cladwell did all night, was locate his pitches on the outside corner all night long. As for the ones down the middle. NO reference to the PBurg pitcher. I was talking about the MC pitcher. And for you infor....The second pitcher that came in...Threw the same velocity as Caldwell. When Moore came in, which he throws harder than both, It was four up three down. Now as for the mistake of the new pitcher. YEP, you all killed the ball didn't you...lol. Runs scored on BBs, Hit Batters and INF Hits. You had 4 hits that inning and the only one that cleared the INF was Welch's to left off of Caldwell.

When the new pitcher came in:
Shelton - Bunt single towards 3rd
Shepherd - HBP
Hall - FC by the SS, E-5 cause the 3rd Baseman wasn't on the bag for the force out.
Anderson - Sac Fly to the SS (Which I might add should have been called a INF Fly rule) WHY..Cause the ball barely clear the infield grass and if the SS decides to drop it purposely. Easy double play cause EVERY runner was standing on their respected base. INF Fly doesn't have to be just on the INF.
Willams - INF single fielded by the SS in between Short and 3rd.
Chaffin - FO8 to end the inning.

So yep...you guys killed the new pitcher.

Dude, no history here. You just get to worked up about everything people post and try to make a big deal out of things. I don't have a problem with you at all, chill bro.
Winning tradition and quitting... So your saying that MC don't have one and are a bunch of quitters I hope that you are a kid cause I can't imagine a GROWN MAN talking about KIDS that way. I watched them play all year no quitters no crying. You need to thank about what you wrote on this thread about some good kids.
Ike Cooter Wrote:Dude, no history here. You just get to worked up about everything people post and try to make a big deal out of things. I don't have a problem with you at all, chill bro.

Yeah whatever you say. You know exactly what I'm talking about Ike. All the way back to basketball. I don't have a problem with you either....just a history.

AND you guys need to realize that there is NOONE mad or angry here. Just telling it like I see it. IF I'm mad...you will know it via PM...NOT on the thread.

Hey rockymt...Who you talking to? Learn how to use the quote button...LOL!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
I was not I mean not talking to you but I am now don't worry about what I leave out lol
rockymt Wrote:I was not I mean not talking to you but I am now don't worry about what I leave out lol

OK....:worthy:....Come up and shout at me tomorrow...lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Yeah I'll be there why didn't you come to the Jv game anyway:flame:
What district is pburg in
MR BACK TALK Wrote:What district is pburg in
58th.
rockymt Wrote:Yeah I'll be there why didn't you come to the Jv game anyway:flame:

I had to do some work at the field and I was just flat out tired.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis