Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heat 104 - Knicks 94 (Game 2)
Final. Heat get a nice, balanced contribution from the big three and a good contribution from the rest of the group. Also, 3 point shooting played a big factor as the Heat went 9 of 21. The Heat pulled away in the fourth quarter getting a double digit lead. The Knicks played much better, but just couldn't put together enough to pull it out.

After the game, Amare Stoudemire was tended to by paramedics after he reportedly punched the glass enclosure around a fire extinguisher.
GO PacerS!
Melo is a Idiot Cry Baby !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
The Knicks suck.
Amare appears to be done with the Knicks altogether. I think he wants out!
Any news on Lin coming back?
He could help them now that they have lost 2 in their rotation.
Jeremy who?
vundy33 Wrote:Jeremy who?

I didn't say his first name lol
zaga_fan Wrote:I didn't say his first name lol

lol, I was just making fun of the Knicks. It's amazing how big the whole Linsanity thing got and then disappeared so fast...so to celebrate the Knicks' soon dismissal from the 2012 playoffs, I have this gem.

[YOUTUBE="Superior Lintellect"]zExrVyTX_aw[/YOUTUBE]
Can someone post a picture or video of Amare punching the glass.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
^ It was in the locker room, there were no cameras there
Monday afternoon, it was just an anonymous piece of safety equipment sitting in its glass enclosure in an AmericanAirlines Arena hallway. By Tuesday morning, it had a Twitter account with 1,306 followers and was the most famous fire extinguisher in the world.

It can thank New York Knick Amare Stoudemire for the surge in popularity.

Stoudemire, in a fit of frustration or rage (or both) after the Knicks’ 104-94 loss to the Miami Heat Monday night, smashed the glass door of the fire extinguisher casing on his way to the locker room. His left hand required 15 stitches, and his status for Game 3 Thursday in New York is in doubt. He departed the arena with his hand heavily bandaged and in a sling, and with the Knicks trailing 0-2 in the first-round series.

Shortly thereafter, Stoudemire posted this to his @Amareisreal Twitter account: "I am so mad at myself right now, I want to apologize to the fans and my team, not proud of my actions.’’

@AAAExtinguisher then posted: "Where’s my apology?’’ and "I busted my glass to get where I’m at’’ and "I’m coming after Rondo next.’’

Fans on Twitter latched onto the joke and became followers of the extinguisher. Meanwhile, the only New Yorkers likely celebrating Stoudemire’s temper tantrum were the tabloid headline writers. Knicks fans woke up Tuesday to headlines such as "Bloody Idiot,’’ "Fire Drilled,’’ and "Glasshole.’’

Stoudemire’s meltdown wasn’t the first in recent sports history, and surely won’t be the last. Defenseless tennis rackets, and Gatorade coolers, not to mention referees, have been victims of athlete rage over the years. Among the more infamous tantrums:

In the summer of 2011, San Francisco closer Brian "The Beard’’ Wilson took his anger out on a Gatorade jug in the dugout, beating the orange cooler with a bat. Two years earlier, Chicago Cub Carlos Zambrano made headlines (and YouTube videos) when he assaulted a Gatorade dispenser in the dugout, his reaction to an umpire’s call with which he vehemently disagreed.

Also in 2009, at the U.S. Open semifinals, Serena Williams lost her cool just before match point and erupted with a profanity-laced tirade directed at a chair umpire who had called her for a foot fault. Her behavior was reminiscent of the many tantrums thrown by legend John McEnroe, known for asking umpires: "Are you serious?’’

Speaking of tennis, rackets have suffered their share of abuse over the years. In 2000, Goran Ivanisevic smashed all three of his rackets during a match, and had to concede the match for "lack of appropriate equipment.’’ At the 2008 Sony Ericsson Open in Key Biscayne, Mikhael Youzhny was so angry during a match against Nicolas Almagro that he smashed his racket against his forehead, drawing blood.

Foreheads have been involved in many-a-meltdown. In the 2006 World Cup final, French superstar Zinedine Zidane head-butted Italian Marco Materazzi during extra time. Zidane was ejected, and Italy went on to win the championship.

One of the worst NBA outbursts was the 2004 Pacers vs. Pistons brawl, which included players, coaches, fans, and referees. It came to be known as "Malice at the Palace.’’ On on-court brawl between players at the Palace of Auburn Hills spilled into the stands when a fan threw a cup at Pacers player Ron Artest. He responded by jumping into the stands and fighting with fans. Other players joined in and things got out of control.

Nine players wound up being suspended without pay for a total of 146 games. Five players were also charged with assault, and sentenced to a year of probation, and five fans were banned for life from attending Pistons games.

Tantrums are nothing new. Sports fans older than 35 probably remember the 1983 Pine Tar Incident involving George Brett, perhaps the most famous baseball outburst ever. It happened in a game between the Kansas City Royals and the New York Yankees. Brett hit a homerun to put the Royals ahead 5-4, but as he returned to the dugout, Yankee fielders were conferring with umpires. The umpires ruled that Brett had too much pine tar on his bat, giving him an unfair advantage, and they ruled him out.

He stormed the field and had to be physically restrained. The call was later overturned and the match was replayed.

Finally, pity the poor chair that stood in Bob Knight’s way when during a 1985 college basketball game between Indiana and Purdue. Knight, the Indiana coach, was so furious at officiating that he picked up the chair and threw it across the floor. Had Twitter been invented back then, surely the chair would have had a response.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/01/27...rylink=cpy