Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does government support increase prices
I have a 4 month old grandson and of course his formula in very expensive. It seems to me that programs such as WIC( which i believe to be better than most government programs) have actually driven up the cost of these products for the person working for a living.

What's your thoughts?
Not really sure. I know that they haven't changed much in the last 3 or 4 years since I started buying it.
Government subsidies and other intervention in a free market always increases the price of products for taxpaying citizens. Sometimes, the result is higher direct costs to consumers in the form of higher retail prices (such as gasoline and utility rates), and sometimes the 50% of Americans who pay federal income taxes pick up the cost of keeping prices low for the 50% of Americans who do not pay federal income taxes. Those of us who sat in lines waiting to get gasoline and watched stations close when their supplies ran out learned that lesson the hard way.
and sometimes the 50% of Americans who pay federal income taxes pick up the cost of keeping prices low for the 50% of Americans who do not pay federal income taxes.

don't you think these numbers are a little misleading
vector Wrote:and sometimes the 50% of Americans who pay federal income taxes pick up the cost of keeping prices low for the 50% of Americans who do not pay federal income taxes.

don't you think these numbers are a little misleading
How so? If you want to split hairs, I think that the split is closer to 49.5%/50.5% but at the dizzying pace that Obamanomics is forcing people out of the workforce, those numbers may be outdated already.
these numbers come from the 2010 census
people
under 18 73,920,881
65 and over 38,810,278
that's a total of 112,731,159
2010 we had a total of 308,745,538 people
when the crazys say half the people don't
pay taxs they don't know what they are talking
about usualy 18 and under and 65 and older
don't work 2010 census data that's about
36 percent so that leaves about 14 percent of
the people don't pay tax's
vector Wrote:these numbers come from the 2010 census
people
under 18 73,920,881
65 and over 38,810,278
The 49.5% number is the percentage of the population who do not pay federal income taxes and who are not a dependent of somebody who does pay federal income taxes. In other words, it is the percentage of American freeloaders, in terms of federal income taxes. The crazies are people such as you, who see no problem with so many people not paying their "fair share" - and not paying any share at all.

[Image: http://blog.heritage.org/wp-content/uplo...2x1024.jpg]
vector Wrote:these numbers come from the 2010 census
people
under 18 73,920,881
65 and over 38,810,278

Unbelievable, listen boy genius, nobody who has ever worked for a living ever gets to the point where they get a free ride. People over 65 still pay property tax and federal income tax on social security and any other income they may have, and that goes on till the day they die. They should be included in the pay taxes column, and I believe they fit that catagory, your conclusions are based on liberal jabberwocky. You can't subtract taxpayers over 65 (many of whom still work, by the way, from the non taxpaying group statistic. People who are smart enough to put coherent sentences together with regularity, interpret the data which clearly establishes the fact that over half of Americans don't pay income tax. And that catagory doesn't include retired folks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

that's my point you still pay taxs the liberals don't bring this up
it's the crazys
i'm glad you made my point across
you just need to tell the crazys that don't tell
me i already know this
vector Wrote:i'm glad you made my point across
you just need to tell the crazys that don't tell
me i already know this
As usual, vector, you do not know what you are talking about. Anybody who is declared a dependent on a tax return of a federal income taxpayer is considered as a taxpayer in the calculations. Students, children under 18, and other dependents of taxpayers are counted among the 50.5% of American taxpayers. The percentage of American citizens who pay no federal income taxes has risen steadily under Obama's reign, as the number of people who are gainfully employed has declined. You have much in common with the planet Earth's largest bird.
TheRealThing Wrote:Unbelievable, listen boy genius, nobody who has ever worked for a living ever gets to the point where they get a free ride. People over 65 still pay property tax and federal income tax on social security and any other income they may have, and that goes on till the day they die. They should be included in the pay taxes column, and I believe they fit that catagory, your conclusions are based on liberal jabberwocky. You can't subtract taxpayers over 65 (many of whom still work, by the way, from the non taxpaying group statistic. People who are smart enough to put coherent sentences together with regularity, interpret the data which clearly establishes the fact that over half of Americans don't pay income tax. And that catagory doesn't include retired folks.
People who work over the age of 70 don't pay federal taxes. You are wrong on this point.
TheRealVille Wrote:People who work over the age of 70 don't pay federal taxes. You are wrong on this point.
Do you have a link to support this claim? I have looked on the IRS website and did not see anything that exempts people over 70 from paying income taxes. Seniors do get special allowances for medical expenses based on age, but I don't think that all of their income is exempt, regardless of income level.
TheRealVille Wrote:People who work over the age of 70 don't pay federal taxes. You are wrong on this point.

LOL, tell me all about it.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/bcovfri.htm
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL, tell me all about it.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/bcovfri.htm
My uncle came out of retirement at 70 or maybe 72, and went back to work because it was tax free.
TheRealVille Wrote:My uncle came out of retirement at 70 or maybe 72, and went back to work because it was tax free.
Maybe it was tax free because of his income level. I don't believe that the income is tax free if you are drawing a good salary and/or do not have lots of deductions to offset the income.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Maybe it was tax free because of his income level. I don't believe that the income is tax free if you are drawing a good salary and/or do not have lots of deductions to offset the income.
That might have been the case then. He was pipefitting in Michigan though, so I don't know how he could keep his wages down, unless he just worked a couple of months a year. Maybe. I know for sure that they didn't cut his Social Security though.
I think it does.

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." - The late great Ronald Reagan
WideRight05 Wrote:I think it does.

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." - The late great Ronald Reagan

CLASSIC! What a tremendous point of view Reagan had, aided, no doubt, by the California bozo's who have always been years ahead of their time on the 'stupid' curve.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
check your cell phone bill. See how much is taxes. People on welfare are getting free cellphones. So again they avoid taxes, Same with most utilities.
the other guy Wrote:check your cell phone bill. See how much is taxes. People on welfare are getting free cellphones. So again they avoid taxes, Same with most utilities.

http://www.fortliberty.org/the-governmen...or-it.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:http://www.fortliberty.org/the-governmen...or-it.html

Found this article about all this. You can bet anybody that has a clue in government circles knows all about the nuts and bolts with regard to this travesty.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Found this article about all this. You can bet anybody that has a clue in government circles knows all about the nuts and bolts with regard to this travesty.
Without reading it, I would bet that this article supports the conservative agenda. :moon:
^FORT LIBERTY

Home of militia FAQ. Includes articles, platform, equipment quide, technical libraries, training centers----
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:Without reading it, I would bet that this article supports the conservative agenda. :moon:
The facts are welfare recipents get free cell plones and you and i pay for them. So in relation to the start of this thread. Governmemt provides free phones and my bill is at least 75 cents higher. I have also looked at the WIC approved labels in stores, I notice that the hightest priced items are the WIC approved ones.

Another area that I'm sure that government has driven up costs in higher education, get governmemt out of it and costs would be half.
TheRealVille Wrote:My uncle came out of retirement at 70 or maybe 72, and went back to work because it was tax free.

My father is 72 and works at Walmart and he pays taxes (I have seen his pay stub)

He has to work because my parents cannot survive on just social security.