Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry0304's Top 5 Football Pregame Songs
Even though I didn't play ball, I loved listening to music and getting hype before the game. Just sets the tone. So in the spirit of football being about a month away, here's my Top 5 pregame songs. Reply and tell me yours so I have a good collection to put on road trip CD's this year!

#5. Linkin Park – Bleed It Out
Admittedly, I am biased towards this song. Every Thursday night my senior year, Jeffree Pruitt and I would text each other the lyrics to it. When I got a text on Thursday that said “Here we go for the hundredth time” I was more than ready for the game, he took care of the business on the field and I kept the crowd loud. (At least tried.)
Simple guitar, simple drums, but just has a way of making your head nod. Probably not the last song you’re listening to before you leave the locker room, but such a good jam.

#4. Avenged Sevenfold – Beast in the Harlot
When I say I’m a pretty hardcore Belfry fan, I mean it. I used to get pretty hype before the games, and the Sheldon Clark game my junior year that resulted in a fight, I’m positive I could have played linebacker. Between locking myself in the recording studio in my house with all the speakers as loud as possible listening to this song as a few 5 hour energy’s, I was a little too excited. What can I say, I was 16.
The musical talent in this song is nuts, some sick guitar riffs and crazy drums and the music really gets you going, but nothing like the part at 3:39 where the song slows down for just a second and … just listen. Critical Acclaim by A7X is a close one to this too. (You cannot NOT get hyped by a song that says “Shh, be quiet you might piss somebody off” and the singer intervenes with “Like me mother ******, you’ve been at it for too long!”

#3. Eminem – Till I Collapse
This song is probably on every football road trip CD I’ve ever made. Ever. If not, it should be. Most football players today wanna listen to rap, but this catches right in the middle. Slow start with some piano, then it comes to an end and another buildup begins, by the time the song starts the heavy beat and strong lyrics and emotion from Eminem has you ready to play. If you want a good message conveyed to your players in a song, go with “Til the roof comes off, til the lights go out, til my legs give out”

#2. Nonpoint –In The Air Tonight
This song particularly reminds me of playing Breathitt County my sophomore year. We read on MySpace (Yeah, old school) that Channing Fugate was a big fan of this song and I’ll never forget it coming on our PA before the game and him instantly going from a focused and determined calm look to nodding his head, pretty intimidating… maybe that’s why we lost.
Anyways, the song really makes it at the very first strum of the overdriven guitar. Then if that’s not enough, wait until the end of the first verse when the drums bang a few times, the overdriven guitar starts and they simply ROCK the chorus. Absolutely awesome jam.

#1. Metallica – Enter Sandman
Possibly the most overused song in the history of forever. How can you not love it? From the sound of the first guitar with the flanger effect, you get hype. The drums build it up, and welcome in another guitar with serious overdrive, and build until all the guys are together, just rocking out. I’ve noticed that a simple drum beat makes a song when it comes to pumping someone up for a game. Just awesome, if this song at some point hasn’t made you want to run through someone … I’m willing to bet you’re a really kind hearted person or something is wrong.
If you’re tired of hearing this, go on YouTube and watch Virginia Tech’s crowd go nuts when they play the song against Miami. Crazy stuff. If you’re a wrestling fan, check out The Sandman’s entrance at One Night Stand ’05 when the crowd sings it.
#5: Hank Williams Jr. - "A Country Boy Can Survive" There's just something about being from Eastern Kentucky, when you hear this song.... it's like Hank is singing it to you.

#4: Theory of a Deadman - "Sacrifice" This song was used for the 2008 Summer Olympic television spots. Great for football.

#3: DJ Khaled "All I Do is Win" This is a fairly new song, but alot of schools have begun playing it. And I know it's a good/catchy song when my parents (Both in their mid-50's) come home from football games singing it.

#2: AC/DC - "Back in Black" / "Hells Bells" / "Thuderstruck" In a tie for 2nd, AC/DC comes in with these all-time crowd/player favorites.

#1: Neil Diamond - "Sweet Caroline" Not the most 'intense' song you will ever hear. But everybody knows the first few lines of the chorus and they sing it, which in-turn gets the crowd in to the game before it even starts.
Best Post-Game rivalry song in the history of the world......

Montgomery Gentry "My Town"
And if your from Harlan County.... "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive" should be a must play at every sporting event.
Fans always sing along to "sweet Caroline" and the kids always dance to the dueling banjos. Makes for a fun atmosphere
The Pre-Game Playlist at Pikeville top 10 would be for me:

10. Welcome to the Jungle -Guns 'N Roses
9. Stricken -Disturbed
8. Heart of a Champion -Nelly
7. Here Comes the Boom -Nelly
6. In the End -Linkin Park
5. In The Air Tonight -Nonpoint
4. Let's Go -Trick Daddy ft. Lil John, Twista
3. Blow Me Away -Breaking Benjamin
2. Run This Town -Jay-Z/Rihanna (Posthumus Zone Remix)
1. Thunderstruck -AC/DC

Can't wait to hear it when we host Belfry in our first technical home game!
o fortuna-carmina burana if its done right is one of the best I've heard thats not overdone
All I Do Is Win - DJ Khaled
All the Way Turned Up - Roscoe Dash
We Ready - Archie Eversole
Tony Montana - Future
Grove Street Party - Waka Flocka
You'll never leave Harlan alive! If you havn't been to an HC Bears game, it's a must hear and feel!
Rockcastle

#5 Bad Company, Five Finger Death Punch

#4 Dragula, Rob Zombie

#3 Enter Sandman, Metallica

#2 Big Guns, ACDC

#1 Hard as a Rock, ACDC

All Rock no Rap
For me personally, in no particular order:

Black Angels- Young Men Dead
Wale & Pharell- Let It Loose
The Procussions- Little People
Wiz Khalifa- Stuntin'