Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 55 - Perry County Central 20
Congrats, HC!
Perry County really has some fast kids. They never gave up. It was a great atmosphere with all the fans and the half time festivities. It's been an exciting year so far being a Black Bear fan watching them improve each week. Congrats to the players and Coaches on another district championship. :rockon:
Congrats Harlan County
Does Harlan have any type of fall festival or anything like that, or maybe a fair throughout the year?
I know its off topic, but when i was there for work this week, i seen people decorating and setting some things up.
Harlan County I heard looked really good.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Does Harlan have any type of fall festival or anything like that, or maybe a fair throughout the year?
I know its off topic, but when i was there for work this week, i seen people decorating and setting some things up.

The only thing during the Fall we would have is the first Weekend during Oct....it's a little thing at the College in Cumberland...Called. ...The Swap -N- Meet!...a display of Mountain arts and heritage....ranging from songs, arts and crafts...plus lots of good eats and games!

as far as what you seen last week?...well...It's fall and almost halloween...let the decorating begin!!!...LOL...My favorite holiday!.:Thumbs:
Filthy Animal Wrote:The only thing during the Fall we would have is the first Weekend during Oct....it's a little thing at the College in Cumberland...Called. ...The Swap -N- Meet!...a display of Mountain arts and heritage....ranging from songs, arts and crafts...plus lots of good eats and games!

as far as what you seen last week?...well...It's fall and almost halloween...let the decorating begin!!!...LOL...My favorite holiday!.:Thumbs:

Mine to.
I love this time of year.
I was probably just seeing decorating and some kind of party decorating in town or something.
I'm wondering where all the junk talkers are from earlier in the week...Confusednicker:
^
They may have rolled back into the deep dark hill of Hazard Confusednicker:
I'm telling Ya they're gone on vacation, or they're getting their Bell county shirts out so they can support a team that can compete with the Black Bears!
Congrats to the Bears on the district title, Harlan County has a wonderful team and is very well coached. Also proud of my Commodores, they played their tails off but we just didn't have an answer for Middleton, Long, and company on the ground. Best of luck to the Bears the rest of the way, maybe we'll see each other again in the second round of the playoffs, good luck against Bell County next week.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Congrats to the Bears on the district title, Harlan County has a wonderful team and is very well coached. Also proud of my Commodores, they played their tails off but we just didn't have an answer for Middleton, Long, and company on the ground. Best of luck to the Bears the rest of the way, maybe we'll see each other again in the second round of the playoffs, good luck against Bell County next week.

^ As always done with class. I hope you saw my apology in last week's thread.
Bear_Paw Wrote:^ As always done with class. I hope you saw my apology in last week's thread.

No need to apologize sir. The comment about not being able to play with the Bears took me aback just a bit, but this is all done in good spirits, no harm no foul. :Thumbs:
Haven't forgotten you guys!
Long weekend.
I expected this one to be six pages of cane being raised but only 2...
I'm a little disappointed :|
Not much to say about this one that the score doesn't tell.

I thought we were in for a shootout there in the first quarter when we had 3 TDs in 4 plays.

I'm going to mention 3 huge miscues that I think shifted the course of this one.

The first one being the 4th down attempt in the first half on their side of the 50 - way too much football to be played to give the Black Bears a short field like that. The Black Bears scored and pushed it to a multi-TD lead at that point.

The second one is failing to score when they got some time at the end of the first half.

The third one was the interception near the redzone trailing 30-20. He just needed to toss that one to the sideline and try to get it on the next down.

After those miscues it all went downhill - I'd like to go back and count how many times we tried to hit that streak down the sideline on first down in the second half. Pray was a little bit off all night and overthrew a handful of sure touchdown passes that Harlan County was basically daring him to throw. I'd also like to count how many times Harlan County brought up both safeties. That's dangerous against a team like Perry but it obviously didn't hurt them too much in this one.

Something that I think Perry got away from early was their running game. The way that they shifted their backs/WRs and ran the Read Option with Pray really worked well on that first drive of the game. In my opinion that was the single most impressive drive Perry has had all year. It chewed up a lot of clock and they showed tons of versatility. I'm also surprised that they only ran one of the bubble screens to Beatty - that's usually their bread and butter.

As for Harlan County they simply did what they set out to do. For Perry to have had a chance in this one they would have needed to force the Black Bears to make some changes but they didn't. Hats off to them as always....

I had to watch this one while standing next to a Cumberland alum....
Daddycat27 Wrote:Great game Bears! Great job BBN! It got loud!! Can't wait to fill up the new stadium! Maybe we could invite Zaga to come play our song at the dedication! He could bring his lunch as well! JK, I was impressed with PC's team and the atmosphere was great! Anyone like a tee shirt, pizza, or some yougert? Lol! I had a great time with great friends! Looking forward to BELL!

I don't think I know the words...
Ballers Wrote:I figured zaga had more fortitude than this.

Please...
explain whatever you mean by that.

I really don't understand why my fortitude would be in question less than a couple of hours after this one was finished.
From what I saw Friday night Austin prey was the best player on that field.
WALL2WALL Wrote:From what I saw Friday night Austin prey was the best player on that field.

I guess you must have had your head turned when Middleton had the ball...