Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CIA Director David Petraeus Resigns, Cites Extramarital Affair
TheRealThing Wrote:Nobody on here believes that except you. vector may say he does but his posts are just an act.
Ok. Show the page.
TheRealVille Wrote:Ok. Show the page.

For some weird reason you think Hoot makes stuff up and posts them on here. I don't believe that for a second. I have found his posts to be consistently on the up and up. And, I believe he is a concerned citizen who cares about his country. I haven't seen the page, but if you will notice he corrected my post about Jill Kelley in a way that did not contribute any fodder for more speculation about the validity of her having gone to the FBI. Explain that one. It's all right here for the discriminating reader to see.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:For some weird reason you think Hoot makes stuff up and posts them on here. I don't believe that for a second. I have found his posts to be consistently on the up and up. And, I believe he is a concerned citizen who cares about his country. I haven't seen the page, but if you will notice he corrected my post about Jill Kelley in a way that did not contribute any fodder for more speculation about the validity of her having gone to the FBI. Explain that one. It's all right here for the discriminating reader to see.
I just want to see the linkedin page where he said he saw some fishy stuff posted.

Quote:Khawam's LinkedIn profile says that since October 2012, she exclusively represents whistle blowers. The fact that she lives with her sister and brother-in-law suggests that she has not been wildly successful in her career. The fact that she is suddenly billing herself as a champion of whistle blowers is not good news for Obama. (I would provide a link to her LinkedIn profile, but it has been removed or marked private since I began writing this post.)
It was removed while he wrote that post? Convenient?
TheRealVille Wrote:I just want to see the linkedin page where he said he saw some fishy stuff posted.

It was removed while he wrote that post? Convenient?
Please, RV, call me a liar one more time before I post an explanation for everybody else's benefit. You have no interest in seeing the page. You just enjoy calling people liars with no proof. This is not the first time, nor will it be the last. That is just the kind of guy that you are.
Can I make a suggestion? If someone can, please list the timeline of what happened in Benghazi. I wish I could, but I don't know where to find a timeline at. Once we have a timeline, I would like for those who say that Obama covered this up on purpose to try and find out why he would want to cover this up.

From what I've only heard, Turkey is somewhat involved. I think there was a person working for the Turkish government who left that specific consulate just 40 minutes before the attack began. From what I heard, that person was working with Ambassador Chris Stevens in order to ship the guns that had been given to the Libyan rebels and send them to the Syrian rebels. Furthermore, we now have a possible motive in that there could've been prisoners in the consulate.

^I'm not sure what is true and what is false. What do you guys think? How does all of this fit together? Why would Obama want to cover this up? By the way, feel free to make guesses of what happened. But keep in mind that we're only guessing what happened. And if you think you have enough evidence to support what you think really happened in Benghazi, then please give us the evidence so that we can look it up ourselves.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Can I make a suggestion? If someone can, please list the timeline of what happened in Benghazi. I wish I could, but I don't know where to find a timeline at. Once we have a timeline, I would like for those who say that Obama covered this up on purpose to try and find out why he would want to cover this up.

From what I've only heard, Turkey is somewhat involved. I think there was a person working for the Turkish government who left that specific consulate just 40 minutes before the attack began. From what I heard, that person was working with Ambassador Chris Stevens in order to ship the guns that had been given to the Libyan rebels and send them to the Syrian rebels. Furthermore, we now have a possible motive in that there could've been prisoners in the consulate.

^I'm not sure what is true and what is false. What do you guys think? How does all of this fit together? Why would Obama want to cover this up? By the way, feel free to make guesses of what happened. But keep in mind that we're only guessing what happened. And if you think you have enough evidence to support what you think really happened in Benghazi, then please give us the evidence so that we can look it up ourselves.
The Benghazi timeline is easy to find. I think it's even linked on this board. Anybody that doesn't know the timeline doesn't want to know it.
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2012/11/...ref=africa
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't condone the affair, but I see no reason for him to resign.
You really don't see anything wrong with someone in his position having something like this over their heads. "do what I say or i will tell your wife" comes to my mind.
the other guy Wrote:You really don't see anything wrong with someone in his position having something like this over their heads. "do what I say or i will tell your wife" comes to my mind.
Not after it's already out in the open.
TheRealVille Wrote:Because I know he has no link, or proof of what he said was on her page. He made it all up. It's what he does.

You can not stay on topic. Can you say anything about the thread or can all you do is attack Hoot?
TheRealVille Wrote:Not after it's already out in the open.

Nothing wrong with his judgement in the first place don't you think
the other guy Wrote:You can not stay on topic. Can you say anything about the thread or can all you do is attack Hoot?
You obviously don't know Hoot's history toward me. He has done the same thing to me multiple times before. He's a big boy, you don't have to have his back. :biggrin:
TheRealVille Wrote:You obviously don't know Hoot's history toward me. He has done the same thing to me multiple times before. He's a big boy, you don't have to have his back. :biggrin:

So you will now say something about the subject at hand
the other guy Wrote:So you will now say something about the subject at hand
I already have. Read the thread, instead of shooting first, then aiming.
The General will testify Friday.
TheRealVille Wrote:The General will testify Friday.

I definitely hope so. Hopefully, we'll finally find out if there was a cover up or not.

Our country needs Petraeus to tell the truth.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I definitely hope so. Hopefully, we'll finally find out if there was a cover up or not.

Our country needs Petraeus to tell the truth.
But the president needs him to lie. Gen. Petraeus has a chance to set the record straight but he will be under intense pressure to stick to the ridiculous story that the Obama White House concocted.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:But the president needs him to lie. Gen. Petraeus has a chance to set the record straight but he will be under intense pressure to stick to the ridiculous story that the Obama White House concocted.
Everything's a conspiracy with you. They'll have to put you on blood pressure medicine if Hillary runs, and gets 8 years. Confusednicker:
TheRealVille Wrote:Everything's a conspiracy with you. They'll have to put you on blood pressure medicine if Hillary runs, and gets 8 years. Confusednicker:
It didn't take a genius to figure out that the explanation of Youtube video that almost nobody viewed triggered the attacks in Benghazi was a total fabrication. I recall that almost everybody who posts in this forum figured it out. I believe that you were one of the few who did not. I am guessing that you think Susan Rice would do a swell job as Sec. of State and that nobody is as well qualified as John Kerry to become Sec. of Defense. You are the Obama administration's echo. Confusednicker:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:But the president needs him to lie. Gen. Petraeus has a chance to set the record straight but he will be under intense pressure to stick to the ridiculous story that the Obama White House concocted.

I hope and pray that's not true. I know I might be criticized for saying this, but if the Obama administration can't explain some of these dangerous claims that have been made against them (Benghazi, Fast and Furious, possibly blackmailing Petraeus, etc.), I would make the claim that this administration is incredibly corrupt.

And about the Obama administration possibly blackmailing Petraeus, you have to admit that it's a little suspicious of how Petraeus happened to have been put as a CIA guy... Why would you have him work at the CIA? He's a legendary four-star general. Put him as the Secretary of Defense. Keep Pinetta at the CIA and have Petraeus work as the Secretary of Defense. But for some odd reason, Petraeus had to work with the CIA. This seems very odd to me...
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I hope and pray that's not true. I know I might be criticized for saying this, but if the Obama administration can't explain some of these dangerous claims that have been made against them (Benghazi, Fast and Furious, possibly blackmailing Petraeus, etc.), I would make the claim that this administration is incredibly corrupt.

And about the Obama administration possibly blackmailing Petraeus, you have to admit that it's a little suspicious of how Petraeus happened to have been put as a CIA guy... Why would you have him work at the CIA? He's a legendary four-star general. Put him as the Secretary of Defense. Keep Pinetta at the CIA and have Petraeus work as the Secretary of Defense. But for some odd reason, Petraeus had to work with the CIA. This seems very odd to me...
Obama plans to deliver a big smack in the face to our military by nominating John "I served in Vietnam" Kerry to be Sec. of Defense. With the exception of Jane Fonda, I cannot think of a worse choice for the position.

Democrats just showed again that they are okay with having a corrupt federal government as long as it gives them "free" stuff at the real working people's expense.

Absolutely right. The White House had to dream this up, a fact that is evidenced clearly by testimony of Hillary, Susan Rice, Jay Carney and Barack himself at the United Nations two weeks after the Benghazi raid, all blaming the video without question. Then we have the intelligence community saying the Patraeus testimony (which mysteriously jibed with the white house's 'movie rage' explanation) before members of congress conflicted with their position which, of course, was stated as being a terrorist attack. Heard Rep Dana Rohrabacker ® California call Obama an intentional liar today. I believe it's possible that lawmakers are finally willing to step up and challenge the lies coming out of this administration.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
An article about Petraeus' testimony that was given today:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/...urce-says/

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/16/politics/b...?hpt=hp_t1
Sounds like the general didn't cooperate with the Obama lie. Still, Obama, the liar that he is, will be kept pure by the media.
If any, ANY of you think General Patraeus had ANYTHING to do with any type of cover up in any shape or form, you're an idiot.

The guy is a hero, one of mine personally, and one of the best Americans you'll find. I'd bet my life that he isn't involved in any kind of coverup. And if he was, it was in the best interest of America...and not anything to do with the President. He doesn't even like the guy.

But what I'm saying is, this guy is a true American hero that I fully doubt would be involved in any kind of coverup regarding Benghazi or any other operation.
vundy33 Wrote:If any, ANY of you think General Patraeus had ANYTHING to do with any type of cover up in any shape or form, you're an idiot.

The guy is a hero, one of mine personally, and one of the best Americans you'll find. I'd bet my life that he isn't involved in any kind of coverup. And if he was, it was in the best interest of America...and not anything to do with the President. He doesn't even like the guy.

But what I'm saying is, this guy is a true American hero that I fully doubt would be involved in any kind of coverup regarding Benghazi or any other operation.

That's not what we're saying about Petraeus; at least I'm not. It was unfortunate that he had an affair with his wife, but other than that, he is an extremely honorable American. As a matter of fact, some might say he's an American hero for how he has served our country. What I, along with others, are saying is that he didn't cover anything up, but he does know about what happened in Benghazi. I personally think the reason why he didn't say anything at first is because someone (possibly working in the Obama administration) blackmailed him with the affair he was having.

I'm starting to not like this president at all. I can support an elected president that I voted against, but it's hard for me to support anyone who willingly lets four people die and then tries to cover it up for political reasons. And if someone from his administration did blackmail Petraeus, that's even more disturbing. I certainly don't want that person to be the leader of a nation, especially the leader of the only superpower in the world.