Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 7- Johnson Central 4
Final. Shelby Valley will play Pikeville for the championship tomorrow night!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
Valleys catcher G.Hall hits a monster 2 run shot to get the ladycats on the board. Valley holds on in a tough one. Good luck cats in the finals.
A well played ballgame by both teams. Coach McCool and her staff have done a nice job of building a softball program at JC. It is nice to see another district putting emphasis on fast-pitch softball. For years, it seemed only Pike County schools were enthusiastic about the sport. Shelby Valley's players simply need to focus on the offensive side of the ball. They had something like 20 hits over the past two ballgames. Their catcher, #14 Gina Hall hit one to the ticket booth located in East Ridge's parking lot...according to an ER parent...it is 222' to straight away centerfield fence...:Cheerlead Her homerun passed 8-10' over the fence... If both teams bring their A-game, this should be a great championship game...
What time is the championship game?
Lets give props to Shelby Valley... especially the Catcher and my personal friend Cindy Varney for workin her usual magic in the hot corner! :Thumbs:
This game was closer than I expected.
Great season JC. I really wanted to see you all in the finals so I could see the daughters of my friends represent johnson County! I know if SV wins it, you all look better... so since JC isn't there, I'll have to go with Pikeville. I have many friends there too! Good Luck, Panther gals!