Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the Best Football Field to play on?
Pikeville has the best field around, im sure though Belfry's will be just as good if not better
Im gonna go with pikeville because of the turn, but in natural grass im gonna go with lynn camp
pcbear17 Wrote:I might be a little biased but the best natural field in the mountains is by far Leslie Countys. Pikevilles is probably the best to play on though the turf is awesome and nice and soft. Also another great natural field is that of the Clay Co. Tigers, and the Hazard Bulldogs. Also Bell Co. has a nice natural surface.
Yes, Clay Co. has a very nice field.
By far the 3 best fields in no order, Belfry's new field, Ryle High School, and Lexington Cat. field.
pikeville feild
Papa John Stadium Has To Be The Best Field To Play On.
For the experience, nothing beats a night at Putnam Stadium in Ashland.
NO disrespect tomcat68, now what visting team can come in there and get a fair game (LOL) when you come in there you are allready down 2 touchdowns!! (LOL)

I love the way the stadium is laid out and the checker board end zone is alright
You might as well be down 2 TD at most good home fields. I know I always was at Lawrence. I remember my senior year we were up comfortably at halftime. In the second half, we had nearly 150 yards of penalties called on us and we could never get a drive started and never could stop a drive. We still won 31-28 but I remember then getting 3 tries for the last play of the game to win it.
Thats a first because we neve get any calls go our way at home or away. but i do remember coming to putnum stadium and getting a w not to long ago.
But i love the rival between us, i really am going to miss it in basketball.
It is a good rivalry game. The schools are just far enough to not know everyone, close enough to go there and not be a big deal, good enough to go back and forth with W's, and enough on the line each time to make it a true rivalry.
Yea its fun, i remember you all kicked the s*** out of us and the next year coach g had a shirt made up that said the score and a dawg never forgets, that was pretty gcool, because we won of course. but on the subject at hand putnum stadium is a tough place to play. and good luck tonight.
IMO...any turf is a good surface to play on
yea yea yea i here you i-dono
piokevilles is probably the best
ive played on pikevilles field. nice but its no putnam stadium
The best field to play on?

Simple.... Papa John's Cardinal Stadium
i watched a JV game at Letcher County and it is very very nice
I love playing at home field here in the burg, but the best football atmosphere to play in was at Vipperman.
Blackcat75 Wrote:I love playing at home field here in the burg, but the best football atmosphere to play in was at Vipperman.

I will 2nd that!!!:Thumbs:
Vipperman was great and I truly miss going up there on Friday nights, but I gotta give credit where credit is due.

The Ironton Tiger's Tank Memorial Stadium is a sight to behold. By far the best place I've been to watch a football game. And to think that they were playing us every time I went there. Imagine going to a game there when the Tigers play a long time rival or nemesis.
HappyGilmore Wrote:Vipperman was great and I truly miss going up there on Friday nights, but I gotta give credit where credit is due.

The Ironton Tiger's Tank Memorial Stadium is a sight to behold. By far the best place I've been to watch a football game. And to think that they were playing us every time I went there. Imagine going to a game there when the Tigers play a long time rival or nemesis.

Imagine the games between Ashland and Ironton. Both teams have incredible stadiums and there is even a small hatred for the simple fact that "you want to beat the team across the river." Watching these teams play at Putnam or Tank is an amazing experience for high school football.
Letcher Centrals new field is great. They have a jumbotron and everything. But i have to give some credit to my own field at JCHS there is nothing better than playing under the lights at eagle field. The atmosphere is great there.
HappyGilmore Wrote:Vipperman was great and I truly miss going up there on Friday nights, but I gotta give credit where credit is due.

I didn't really like Ironton that much. I did like the home side covered bleachers because it echoed really loud and, more importantly, kept you nice and dry. Other than that..I've seen better.
orisonspi Wrote:The best field to play on?

Simple.... Papa John's Cardinal Stadium

My thoughts exactly !!!!
Whitleys field is nice and Lynn Camps was awsome to play on.
I'll go with Putnam Stadium on this one.