Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rules question?
I thought it was against KHSAA rules to direct taunting and saying things to players on the opposing team.
If so, then why is it allowed to chant things that are directed toward your opponent?
That is a good point..Does anyone know?
The Guru Wrote:I thought it was against KHSAA rules to direct taunting and saying things to players on the opposing team.
If so, then why is it allowed to chant things that are directed toward your opponent?
it is my understanding guru that any chant,comment,ect directed at a player or number of a player is unacceptable.example we want a pitcher not a glass of water or yelling "swing" when a batter is up.this rule also applies to fans.an umpire threw out a fan in '05 for saying that the pitcher would do good in bowling.the umpire stated to the fans this was a subjective call and solely at the discretion of the umpire.if the umpire thinks that fans or player are being rude,derogatory,mean spirited,unsportsmanlike then they are given a warning and if it happens again they are tossed.the only problem with this it is subjective and umpires interpet it very differently.of course good programs do not tolerate bad conduct and that is where a lot of the problem lies.
But the chants like "rollin, rollin, rollin, the pitchers going bowlin...get those worms some helmets." Wouldn't that be considered as a chant directed to an inpaticular player?
The softball games I have watched, all they do is chant and stuff. I like it and dont think it hurts anything as long as it isnt directed to one person.