4. Southwestern (22)
5. Corbin (17)
6. Hazard (16)
7. Harlan County (11)
8. Cordia (10)
9. Clay County (5)
10. Sheldon Clark (2)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:1. Perry Central (29)
2. Knott Central (28)
3. Pulaski County (23)
4. Southwestern (22)
5. Corbin (17)
6. Hazard (16)
7. Harlan County (11)
8. Cordia (10)
9. Clay County (5)
10. Sheldon Clark (2)

Perry and Knott both getting first place votes and Cordia climbs to 8.

It should be an interesting season.
Cordia will crack the top 5 in the next few weeks. IMO Cordia is a contender for the 14th Region title!!!
Cordia is absolutely a contender for the regoin title. If they get their big man eligible, they are going to be a very tough out.
The creekers are back out in force...
Why no love for Pikeville?
^ that's what I was wondering
^ Even though I'm thrilled for the lions. I was thinking the same thing.
Should see Fritz Lucin suit up sometime next week for Cordia.
jamesclay Wrote:Cordia is absolutely a contender for the regoin title. If they get their big man eligible, they are going to be a very tough out.

How many more players are waiting to be eligible at cordia?
^ just one I think
MVP2 Wrote:Why no love for Pikeville?

It's a big deal that Pikeville won the 15th Region All "A". It's huge for their program and it shows that they're improving...

but they had one stretch a few weeks ago where they lost 7 games out of 9 and took a couple bad losses, including one to Magoffin County.

The only team on the list that has 7 losses is Cordia and they just got a lot better, knocked Hazard out of the 14th Region All "A" and went the distance with Knott.

I can see why Pikeville wasn't given the nod just yet. They beat East Ridge, Paintsville, Prestonsburg and Lawrence County in the All "A". It's a great accomplishment, but they are still on the bubble IMO
The thing is, this poll is for this weeks rankings not a few weeks ago rankings. Pikeville has won 7 straight games including the 15th region All "A". I def think the Panthers should of been in this week poll. No disrespect to Sheldon Clark but please tell me over the last couple games who they have beat to earn a top 10 spot? The cards last lost to Shelby Valley, a team Pikeville beat by 9 during this winning streak. PHS deserves a spot in the Mt Top 10 IMO
MVP2 Wrote:The thing is, this poll is for this weeks rankings not a few weeks ago rankings. Pikeville has won 7 straight games including the 15th region All "A". I def think the Panthers should of been in this week poll. No disrespect to Sheldon Clark but please tell me over the last couple games who they have beat to earn a top 10 spot? The cards last lost to Shelby Valley, a team Pikeville beat by 9 during this winning streak. PHS deserves a spot in the Mt Top 10 IMO

I get what you're saying - and I think they're right there

All I'm saying is that IMO Pikeville is climbing out of a bigger whole than most other teams are.

Sheldon Clark just beat Lawrence County, the team that P-ville beat in the finals of the All "A". According to the votes - sheldon clark only got 2 points. So they either got one 9th place vote or 2-10th place votes.
I'd just about guarantee that Pikeville got a vote.
I look for some mountain teams to make some noise in the sweet 16 this year. Seems like they have been going out early in recent years, except for shelby valley for a couple years.
OffTheHook Wrote:1. Perry Central (29)
2. Knott Central (28)
3. Pulaski County (23)
4. Southwestern (22)
5. Corbin (17)
6. Hazard (16)
7. Harlan County (11)
8. Cordia (10)
9. Clay County (5)
10. Sheldon Clark (2)
Corbin as the 5th ranked team in the mountains is a total JOKE, they are not the 5th best team in the 13th region much less the entire mountain area!!!
Who votes on this? Does anybody know? Athletics build character. Brother Cecil.