Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wesley Christian Summer League
Wesley Christian will be hosting a one week long summer league the third week of June, June 17 through June 22. We welcome all school sports teams only. We will charge a entry fee of $100 per team, and depending on the number of teams we will have games at multiple locations. The current plan is to play games in a small camp like season from Monday through Thursday, and a seeded single game elimination tournament on Friday and Saturday. Hopes are every team will get roughly 10 to 15 games or more throughout this one week. Games will be two 15 minute halfs with a running clock except for the last two minutes of each half. We welcome all middle school teams, from 6th grade teams through 8th grade. We will not have divisions based on grade, 6th grade teams will play 8th grade teams for example. If anyone has anymore more questions they would like to ask, please feel free to message me on here or call me on my cell (606 - 899 - 6453) or my home (606 - 349 - 6453). If I do not answer, please leave a voicemail with a number I can get back in contact with you. Roster sheets will have to be filled out and players cannot play on more than one team due to the amount of games and chance teams may have to play each other. Money will be collected before team's first game or sooner. Thank you.

Coach Mike Slone
Change of plans, we will have two divisions in this summer league... one for 6th grade teams and under, the second will be for 7th and 8th grade teams. Players can play for both a 6th grade and a 8th grade team but schedule conflicts may occur.
Is Wesley dropping out of floyd county conference? I thought you couldn't play grade school basketball in June? Could be wrong? This needs to be an Aau event
The last few years I've coached in Floyd County, a Floyd County school has hosted a summer league for grade school teams. It is AAU, but its only school affiliated AAU teams. Kentucky Elite for example, would not be allowed in this tournament and I have never been made aware of any such rule in Floyd County about playing in June.