Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
59th District Tournament: Shelby Valley vs. East Ridge 2/19
Shelby Valley won the first matchup at home 62-32 and the second one at East Ridge 59-53...
Only chance for East Ridge it is at their place. Always helps some....
I'm an ER alum, but I just don't see ER getting this one.

Also would like to add, funny how they get rid of a coach who did so well for ER, only to bring in a coach who couldn't even touch LeMaaster's record last year. And it's showing, BIG TIME. Politics, politics, and...more politics. Smh...
To be fair, they lost their best two players.
Valley should win this one , but it will be a tough game at ER.
Real Badman Wrote:To be fair, they lost their best two players.

Just a question, Do you think that would have happened if Lemaster was still there?
Shelby Valley by 6.
Should be a great game! If you think lemaster is a better coach than Randy McCoy you know nothing about basketball!
dozerdawg707 Wrote:Just a question, Do you think that would have happened if Lemaster was still there?

I doubt it.
Wolter had visa problems Kasongo was recruited by Silvers neither would have been at ER
Well no question about that, but certain events happened because of the change in coaching. LeMaster wasn't a good coach, but I don't think McCoy is either, but the fact remains, they would both appear to be better with Wolter and Kasongo. Whatever the case is LeMaster is gone, McCoy is there now, and they both aren't enrolled. What happened, happened.
Real Badman Wrote:Well no question about that, but certain events happened because of the change in coaching. LeMaster wasn't a good coach, but I don't think McCoy is either, but the fact remains, they would both appear to be better with Wolter and Kasongo. Whatever the case is LeMaster is gone, McCoy is there now, and they both aren't enrolled. What happened, happened.

LeMaster IS a good coach. If ER's administration and "daddy's" politics hadn't screwed him, ER would be a 22-25 win team right now, by far the 15tg Region favorite, and would probably win a game or two at State.

Agree that McCoy isn't a good coach, decent I think by hats about it...can't have long term success when ya treat kids like he does.

Regardless, good luck to ER tonight! Chop those kittens tonight boys, GO WARRIORS!!!
fedscreekviking Wrote:Wolter had visa problems Kasongo was recruited by Silvers neither would have been at ER

Kasongo wasn't recruiting by anybody and you know it, lol. You know the tea reason he left. But alas, it's like kicking a dead old man by now, hahaha...

:happytear:
Have to with Valley, home floor will not make the difference in this one...
Sadly I agree.
vundy33 Wrote:LeMaster IS a good coach. If ER's administration and "daddy's" politics hadn't screwed him, ER would be a 22-25 win team right now, by far the 15tg Region favorite, and would probably win a game or two at State.

Agree that McCoy isn't a good coach, decent I think by hats about it...can't have long term success when ya treat kids like he does.

Regardless, good luck to ER tonight! Chop those kittens tonight boys, GO WARRIORS!!!

Could he have won without Kasongo and Wolter? That is the question. I know he was very young and inexperienced. There are so many qualities that make up a "good coach", and experience is a very big part of it. Personally I watched him mess up quite a lot, but his talent always bailed him out. For LeMaster to win at East Ridge without them is what McCoy is going through now. I guess we will never know.
I got to go with Valley tonight... Even though each and every game brings me closer and closer to the realization that Valley has not improved all year long! Or from year to year for that matter. Tonight though, I have to got with Valley by 10.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hey vundy33, I have a message from the Warriors, "Kiss Our Ass!!!