Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Betsy Layne be the big Surprise????
Soccer stud, first of all I think your in the wrong sport

I think you need to look at the facts, Coach Derossett coach Betsy Layne for I think four years and they were looking really good, but after he left they haven't had a coach that was committed for the long term. Sure they have had good coaches, but they have always been short term coaches not to mention they were in Double A. If you look when the bobcats play Single A teams they were a lot more competitive. This year will be good, but the major factor is to build a strong foundation and work up.
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:Soccer stud, first of all I think your in the wrong sport

I think you need to look at the facts, Coach Derossett coach Betsy Layne for I think four years and they were looking really good, but after he left they haven't had a coach that was committed for the long term. Sure they have had good coaches, but they have always been short term coaches not to mention they were in Double A. If you look when the bobcats play Single A teams they were a lot more competitive. This year will be good, but the major factor is to build a strong foundation and work up.

i agree
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:Playboy5,

I have to disagree with your statement. The last coach was changing things around but his actions off the field kept him from coming back.The reason I think things are looking bright

1. Middle school is looking the best it has ever have.
2. Great up and coming class.
3. New coach with plenty of experience.
4. The last year before they enter the district.

I think it has been ten years since the bobcats looked this good. When Coach Derossett coached them.

I believe that the season Derossett had that team, BL had withdrawn from dist play and could play any team they wanted, the teams that also had low winning percentages. Im not knocking BL for this upcoming season, I think they can really make great strides on getting the program to be more competetive. Another wall to climb is getting some of the players that play basketball and could be really good in football to come out and play, and not be preasured by someone in the basketball program that they won't get to play basketball if they do. Good Luck Bobcats, alot of folks want to see you do well.
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:Soccer stud, first of all I think your in the wrong sport

No i'm not in the wrong sport.. just to go ahead and clear that up for you..

Now they have had good coaches i agree with you there.. but i dont think the players have exactly been commited to the game in the past years as much as they should've... i'm not wishing they have a bad season i would love to see any mountian team do well... i'm just saying looking at some of the other mountian teams BL hasnt exactly been that competitive... this year wont be good... but it will be a good start... good luck to coach B and the bobcats...
i dont see them going winless, but i dont see them winning many games either good luck to the bobcats
LUMBERJACK'06 Wrote:i dont see them going winless, but i dont see them winning many games either good luck to the bobcats
I agree with you:thumpsup:
shiggin#68 Wrote:BL will win some this year they have alot of speed some great QB's and a HUGE LINE i think almost 2,000 pounds on the line with shannon and bo hamilton almost 950 pounds put toether themselves. with that great line and a fast and accurate back field the bobcats will turn some heads this year and make a future for the team.
if two people weigh 950 together they would have to weigh around 475 a piece can they move if there that big that is bigger than nfl lines
i dont know but i have seen some big guys move really well on the field so hopefully they will be able to help the bobcats......
Those guys arent that big.....combine them and you may get around 650 or 700 lbs at the most
OU_Bruiser Wrote:if two people weigh 950 together they would have to weigh around 475 a piece can they move if there that big that is bigger than nfl lines
Sounds like those two need to go on a diet,Smile but seriously I doubt they are that heavy.
OU_Bruiser Wrote:if two people weigh 950 together they would have to weigh around 475 a piece can they move if there that big that is bigger than nfl lines
yeah thats thats just hype
yeah thats just hype.. but if they was that big in high school.. they prolly would be lazy, and not play.. i dont see that being to true...
If they think that they are going to win!! WELL I GUESS THEY HAVENT SEEN THE MARTIN COUNTY CARDNIALS!!!
football17 Wrote:If they think that they are going to win!! WELL I GUESS THEY HAVENT SEEN THE MARTIN COUNTY CARDNIALS!!!

ok?
I know For a fact besty lane is just hype, i talked to someone that knows alot about them this year, and he told me they was DOWN bvery bad this year... dont know how true it is, but we'll have to wait and see... Good Luck Bobcats..