Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's the most under rated player in the 14th Region
Who are they?
Adora Frost, plays short stop for Lee County.
Brandenburg girl who plays for Owsley, shes their pitcher. Heck most of Owsleys players are over looked. They are a young team but watch out.
Jenna Edwards & Cheyenne Rawlins from Estill are swinging HOT Bats both of these young ladies are hard to get out and neither one were picked as a top player in the 14th
There is more than just one , a lot of good players are being overlooked . I would be afraid to just name one . Every team has a girl that holds the team together and gets over looked .
Don't want to take anything away from any players,but have to give credit where credit is due. I would have to say Michaela Gross from Estill.I think her pitching stats and her getting MVP in tourney last year was overlooked . I also think she has added better hitting stats this year I think she is hitting very consistent in every game she has played in this year.
LikeI I agree if a kid was mvp of tourn last year and doesn't get a mention something missing but there are a few players that havn't been mention that are nice players. True players focus on team, they don't worry about recognition. One of the best players I ever seen come out of Ky was Megan Aull. Not only a great player but a great person. She only focused on making her teamates better because it made her better.
Leslie's Kendra Barger.
I'm in Owensboro this weekend and I saw the most under rated player in the 14th. Even tho Jenkins is out with a loss to Edmonson 3 to 1 . It's there pitcher , she's as dominate as any one up here and is a bright spot for the cavs and can hit very well also . She moves the ball around well and has a great arsonal of pitches . She's by far the best pitcher I've seen come out of the 14th . Not knocking any of the pitchers up here but she could start for any team up here and most would be better off for it.
Theirs a lot of good players throughout our region.

In NO particular Order

Cheyenne Rawlins (Estill Co.) .645 Slugging PCT., .484 Batting AVG., .508 on base PCT, 30 hits, 22 RBI, 3 SB, 2 HR, 4 2B
Jenna Edwards (Estill Co.) 4-3..7 GS, 4 CG, 40.1 IP, 31 R, 17 ER, 2.95 ERA, 15 BB, 22 K.....537 BA, 13 R, 22 H, 9 RBI, 1 3B
Michaela Gross (Estill Co.) 8-4...12 GS, 8 CG, 74 IP, 62 H, 35 R, 2.36 ERA, 9 BB, 59 K.......468 BA, 1 R, 22 H, 14 RBI, 4 2B

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/est.../stats.htm

MacKenzie Barnett (Powell County) .364 BA, .500 OB PCT, 27 R, 24 H, 16 RBI, 4 2B, 3 3B
Whitney Cook (Powell County) .357 BA, .427 OB PCT 1 R, 25 H, 23 RBI, 4 2B, 2 3B

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/pow.../stats.htm

Laura Johnson (Jackson City)
Grace Bio (Jackson City)

Kim Barnett (Breathitt)
Katie Rice (Breathitt)

Mercedes Boggs (Jenkins)
Alexis Stambaugh (Jenkins)
Caitlynn Estevez (Jenkins)

Their are many more that are underrated. If someone was to sit down and make a list from each school in the region it would take them several hours.
Fastpitchfan Wrote:I'm in Owensboro this weekend and I s[HTML][/HTML]aw the most under rated player in the 14th. Even tho Jenkins is out with a loss to Edmonson 3 to 1 . It's there pitcher , she's as dominate as any one up here and is a bright spot for the cavs and can hit very well also . She moves the ball around well and has a great arsonal of pitches . She's by far the best pitcher I've seen come out of the 14th . Not knocking any of the pitchers up here but she could start for any team up here and most would be better off for it.

You are right,she is one of the most under rated players. The whole team has been under rated this year. Their 2ND baseman is just a fr. but is one of the best that has come out of the 14th she will do whatever it takes to get an out. ,their catcher which is also a fr or soph. Isn't afraid to throw anyone out who is trying to steal. We played them early on and was shocked at their ability since they are such a young team
One of the best defensive players and with speed is the Flynn kid from Estill. When you run like a deer it is hard to get out on a simple hit to the inn field and she can cover a lot of ground in the outfield...To many people look at batting averages to pick leading regional players, I like one who has all around skills...the Gross girl from Estill is highly underated...she is a nice pitcher and probably will carry Estill to the finals of the 14th region....