6. Prestonburg (17-9)
7. Paintsville (15-5)
8. Lawrence Co. (15-6)
9. Middlesboro (13-7)
10. Estill Co. (8-8)

Outside Looking In
North Laurel (13-8)
Powell Co. (13-10)
Middlesboro shouldn't be below Harlan County. They split in their two games played, Middlesboro outscored them 18-12. One of those games was a 10-0 6 inning game. Middlesboro had two runners on base with no outs when the game ended. It could have been much worse.

Aside from that, not a bad top 10.
I know you're smarter than basing a ranking on two games out of 30.
Harlan County outscored Hazard 8-6 in two games and Hazard beat Woodford County, so that means Harlan County should be in the top 10 in the state? Harlan County also beat Letcher Central earlier in the year.
Would you rank Middlesboro below Whitley and Williamsburg because they lost to both of them? I wouldn't.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Middlesboro shouldn't be below Harlan County. They split in their two games played, Middlesboro outscored them 18-12. One of those games was a 10-0 6 inning game. Middlesboro had two runners on base with no outs when the game ended. It could have been much worse.

Aside from that, not a bad top 10.
Forgive me for being to the point, but Middlesboro doesn't even belong in this top 10... The only team they have beaten out of the 12 teams mentioned is HC on a day that was obviously HC's one day of the year that they didnt show up to play! HC has beaten 5 of the 12 teams (Hazard, Letcher, NL, Powell and Middlesboro) Middlesboro has done nothing besides catch HC totally flat 1 time and that's it!!
30% of the top 10 is the 57th district.
HDE Wrote:I know you're smarter than basing a ranking on two games out of 30.
Harlan County outscored Hazard 8-6 in two games and Hazard beat Woodford County, so that means Harlan County should be in the top 10 in the state? Harlan County also beat Letcher Central earlier in the year.
Would you rank Middlesboro below Whitley and Williamsburg because they lost to both of them? I wouldn't.

You don't even make sense. lol

Middlesboro and Harlan County are 4 spots from each other on this list.

Harlan County isn't even on the KHSBCA top 25 list. Why would they have an argument to be top 10?

I was comparing two teams that have played each other twice, that are very near each other in the rankings. Not two teams that haven't played each other and are light years away from being equal.

Middlesboro has played Whitley and Williamsburg once each. Middlesboro has played Harlan County twice.

If Williamsburg beats Middlesboro or even plays them to within a couple of runs the second time, it would be safe to assume that they are comparable.

The same with Middlesboro and Whitley.

I swear it is like you stalk me on here. lol Pretty creepy really. But hey, if that is what does it for you.
I guess I was wrong. My mistake.
North should be in the top ten they beat Middlesboro and got about the same record.
I actually think NL is still a top team. I wouldn't have objected to them being above Middlesboro.

I really hope them and South Laurel are on the other side of the bracket together come regional tournament time.
Outside Looking In.....

11. North Laurel (13-9)
12. Powell Co. (13-11)
13. Clay Co. (14-11)
14. Lee Co. (13-9)
15. Whitley Co. (16-6)
16. Corbin (14-11)
17. Allen Central (14-6)
18. Perry Co. Central (9-11)
19. Leslie Co. (8-8)
20. Magoffin Co. (10-8)
Whitleys 6 losses include two to South Laurel, who is by far the best team in the 13th, split a series with Corbin with the loss being AT Corbin, lost a game to Southwestern, and an out of state team, and have a loss to KC on the road with the last pitcher in rotation.

Wins over Corbin, Clay, Middlesboro, and Knox Central.
Im not saying they deserve a lot of praise, but some of you act like thats a bad loss.
Whitley is definitely a tope 5 team in the 13th and probably a top 3.

Keep thinking there not that good.
I don't know about top five.
I think you'd have to go with:
South
North
Clay
Harlan County

The fifth spot is up for grabs with Corbin, Middlesboro and Whitley.
If you are considering all of the wymt coverage area, Southwestern Pulaski has to be in the top ten. Somerset and Rockcastle County should at least be mentioned on the just out side looking in list
No way Clay deserves to be in the top ten. Look at on the road wins and against who those wins are against. I struggle trying to find something to justify a top 15 slot going to Clay.
13th Region

1. South Laurel (17-4) #1
2. Harlan Co. (19-7) #5
3. Middlesboro (13-8) #8
4. North Laurel (13-9) #11
5. Clay Co. (15-11) #13
6. Whitley Co. (17-6) #15
7. Corbin (15-11) #16
8. Harlan (15-10) NR
9. Knox Central (12-15) NR
10. Williamsburg (10-9) NR

14th Region

1. Hazard (20-6) #2
2. Letcher Co. Central (19-7) #4
3. Estill Co. (10-8) #10
4. Powell Co. (14-11) #12
5. Lee Co. (13-9) #14
6. Perry Co. Central (9-11) #18
7. Leslie Co. (8-8) #19
8. Breathitt Co. (7-8) NR
9. Jenkins (9-7) NR
10. Jackson City (6-8) NR

15th Region

1. Johnson Central (18-8) #3
2. Prestonburg (17-9) #6
3. Paintsville (15-6) #7
4. Lawrence Co. (17-6) #8
5. Allen Central (14-6) #17
6. Magoffin Co. (11-8) #20
7. Pike Co. Central (12-12) NR
8. Belfry (10-14) NR
9. Pikeville (11-14) NR
10. Betsy Layne (7-7) NR
^
Whitley has a better record, and beat both Clay and Middlesboro.
Albeit, they were close games, but a win nonetheless.
Whitley could beat North IMO as well.

South is by far the number one in the 13th, then Harlan County, then everyone else.
Number three and beyond is up for grabs IMO.
I live here but I would have a hard time putting Harlan County at a different level than Clay and North. I think it's very close.
I guess Whitley has something to prove since it's been a while for them getting out of that tough district. A win over Corbin in the district tournament would put them in the top five, I think, and give them a shot to take on the region's best teams.
1. South Laurel
2. North Laurel
3. Clay Co.
4. Harlan Co.
5. Corbin
6. Whitley Co.
7. Knox Central
8. Middlesboro
I would say #2 to about number 6 are very close and would be for grabs. I have watched all HC home games and would say Harlan County could very easily be the second best team. South Laurel is heads above everyone else. As far as MIDDLESBORO really they are below the middle of the pack but knocking on the door! This is just 13th.
When Clay County catches the ball they are a very dangerous team. Costly errors and bad decisions lead to losses, and their record shows that. To me, they proved they can beat anyone though when they played against South. Because we all know, South Laurel is a very good team..they're firing on all cylinders right now.
Harlan County is better than Clay County in my opinion. Much deeper staff and better offensively as far as the entire lineup is concerned.
We better worry about getting out of the first round of the region. Who cares who is number 1 or 2 or 3 in the mountains. We have had the teams to win a game or two in the regional tourney but have not done it. Football has won 2 regional championships in 5 years, basketball has been to the regional championship, it is time for our Black Bear baseball to advance in the region. WE HAVE THE TEAM TO DO IT!!!!!! A lot of pressure on this coaching staff. Let's get focused, win the district and let's advance in the regional tourney.
Harlan County does have a very deep pitching staff. That's actually starting to worry me though. I've been watching this region for 30-plus years, and I don't think I remember the fifth, sixth or seventh pitchers on a staff ever seeing the mound once you get to the postseason. I think it's rare to really depend on your fourth guy, except in a blowout.

I hope they get the top three guys into a regular rotation and get them deep into games the last couple of weeks.
When was the last time Pikeville had 20+ teams that were better than them in Eastern Kentucky?