Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mission Accomplished
TheRealVille Wrote:Were you awake during the Bush years? He sent this country into a nose dive that we are having a helluva time recovering from.

are you awake right now?
in 2008 if were at the state we were at the end of the bush2 presidency we will be lucky
20+ trillion in debt not too far away
of course you and youre liberal buddies two into obama to see that :biglmao:
WideMiddle03 Wrote:are you awake right now?
in 2008 if were at the state we were at the end of the bush2 presidency we will be lucky
20+ trillion in debt not too far away
of course you and youre liberal buddies two into obama to see that :biglmao:
Obama will save us from the Bush spiral. It's slow going digging out of that mess he put us in.
TheRealVille Wrote:Obama will save us from the Bush spiral. It's slow going digging out of that mess he put us in.
:biglmao:

Obama has done nothing to stop the decline of this economy. In fact, he has done everything in his power to slow the recovery. The federal government is now planning to change the way that the GDP is calculated to include R & D expenditures. Translation - all those millions that Obama threw to his cronies at Solyndra will be counted retroactively as part of the GDP.

It is only a matter of time before charlatans like you will be posting stories about how the economy was really much better under Obama than any of us realized. The rewrite of the definition of the GDP will make any state that relies on government contracts look like economic powerhouses. Even an economic basket case like the People's Republic of Maryland will look good compared to reality.
^ It' a proven fact that the economy is improving, and moving forward. That can't be made to look otherwise, if you look at the numbers.
TheRealVille Wrote:^ It' a proven fact that the economy is improving, and moving forward. That can't be made to look otherwise, if you look at the numbers.
No it's not a proven fact. Do you get paid for repeating this nonsense? The labor participation rate has plummeted under Obama, which is the only reason that the official unemployment rate has dropped. The population has increased and fewer people are working than were working when Obama took office and you say that it is a proven fact that the economy is improving. Reality will eventually smack you in the face, RV, and when it does you are going to have a deep hole from which to climb.

[INDENT]
Quote:Under Obamanomics, America Stumbles Into Another Recession

The Democratric Party controlled mainstream media reported the November unemployment report as “better than expected.” But in reality it showed that America is stumbling along into a second Great Depression under “Obamanomics” and associated “Progressive” fallacies.

Another 350,000 Americans dropped out of the labor force in November, bringing the total dropping out since President Obama entered office to 5.4 million. That is unprecedented for any such extended period since the Great Depression, and probably before. Yet, none of these people are counted as unemployed, because they are counted as not in the work force at all.

That declining work force is the only reason the unemployment rate was reported as declining to 7.7%. At this pace, Obama is on track for 0% unemployment, when the labor force declines to zero as well. If America just had the same labor force participation rate as when Obama entered office, and so many had not dropped out of the work force, the unemployment rate would be 10.8%, not 7.7%.
[/INDENT]
TheRealVille Wrote:^ It' a proven fact that the economy is improving, and moving forward. That can't be made to look otherwise, if you look at the numbers.

You recently said that it took 8 years for Bush to put us in a hole. One of the most vague and ambiguous statements I ever read but, I understood what you were trying to say, (even though you never did substantiate your assertion with any economic data or studies). You said further, that since Bush had 8, you were willing to give Obama his 8, remember that?

I'm going to go on record as of now to say that after the next 4 years are mercifully over, incredibly things will be much worse than they are even now. We'll be in 23 trillion by that time and everybody's savings will be eroded, or in dire jeopardy. Even then, you won't admit what a disaster the Obama era will have been and will still be in a state of denial. Imagine the horror of folks loosing their life savings. You can kiss the coconuts on the beach goodbye at that point.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:Were you awake during the Bush years? He sent this country into a nose dive that we are having a helluva time recovering from.
your guy has been in charge since 2009 when do you stop blaming Bush. But for your information i think Bush was our worst republican president and Obama has been our worst democratic one in my lifetime. So it has been double trouble, i would be happy to have Bill or Ronald back.
TheRealThing Wrote:You recently said that it took 8 years for Bush to put us in a hole. One of the most vague and ambiguous statements I ever read but, I understood what you were trying to say, (even though you never did substantiate your assertion with any economic data or studies). You said further, that since Bush had 8, you were willing to give Obama his 8, remember that?

I'm going to go on record as of now to say that after the next 4 years are mercifully over, incredibly things will be much worse than they are even now. We'll be in 23 trillion by that time and everybody's savings will be eroded, or in dire jeopardy. Even then, you won't admit what a disaster the Obama era will have been and will still be in a state of denial. Imagine the horror of folks loosing their life savings. You can kiss the coconuts on the beach goodbye at that point.

Most people I knew including my parents lost theirs during the bush era.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Most people I knew including my parents lost theirs during the bush era.

Sorry to hear that. I can only imagine how hard that would be to face. However unbelievable it may seem, we may well face that problem again soon. Stock market analysts say the main reason the Dow has remained strong is because of the use of our newly adopted Monetarist/Keynesian economic model. And, foreign investors are still choosing to park their money over here because the world economy is so anemic. The government is stimulating the market by various means including flooding the economy with borrowed stimulus. money, investments in companies in the green energy field, manipulated low interest rates, yet another government exacerbated housing bubble and printing money. The fear is at some point, the availability of borrowed money may shrink substantially and force another stock market correction, similar to the one we saw in 2008.

I am guessing your parents lost their money in the stock market crash of 2008? It could certainly happen again and I'll tell you why. Even Keynes didn't advocate government spending in good times, only during recession. If after all the stimulus spending and the predicted government spurred economic growth fails to materialize, there will be no where else to turn. The idea is that government can sort of prime the pump again through deficit spending and the money will flow again like syphoning gas out of a tank. Will it work? Most doubt it sincerely because true economic growth is brought about by demand. Not by lowering interest rates, borrowing past one's ability to pay back, and spending money we don't have. At any rate, it's been over four years and way too many critical economic indicators are lagging at a truly troubling pace.

When companies fail, pensions fail along with them and the dominos keep falling till they stop on their own. Working all one's life only to watch their wealth wiped out in a few short days of stock free fall is too terrible for most folks to ponder. But, it happened more than once and could well do it again, I sincerely hope not. It's like I've been saying. What is money really? We left the gold standard behind years ago. These days it's more of an idea than something tangible, based on the perceived wealth of our land. Put another way, one day some guy might have a stamp with an airplane misprinted upside down on it that is valued at over a half a million dollars. It has perceived value. But, it's really just a little piece of colored paper. When money inflates or gets tight, that piece of paper is deemed of little or no value, you might be lucky to get a 5 dollar bill for it.

Over 177 countries are presently in crisis status. Looking down the gun barrel at bankruptcy. I'm not saying I know when and where it could happen. I'm just saying if a large number of these countries go bankrupt they will take us all with them. The perceived wealth of our land, or GDP, will be substantially less at that point. How much would a guy give for an upside down airplane on an old postage stamp when he's desperate to get enough food to feed his children? The whole world idea of money and worth will change forever at that time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Sorry to hear that. I can only imagine how hard that would be to face. However unbelievable it may seem, we may well face that problem again soon. Stock market analysts say the main reason the Dow has remained strong is because of the use of our newly adopted Monetarist/Keynesian economic model. And, foreign investors are still choosing to park their money over here because the world economy is so anemic. The government is stimulating the market by various means including flooding the economy with borrowed stimulus. money, investments in companies in the green energy field, manipulated low interest rates, yet another government exacerbated housing bubble and printing money. The fear is at some point, the availability of borrowed money may shrink substantially and force another stock market correction, similar to the one we saw in 2008.

I am guessing your parents lost their money in the stock market crash of 2008? It could certainly happen again and I'll tell you why. Even Keynes didn't advocate government spending in good times, only during recession. If after all the stimulus spending and the predicted government spurred economic growth fails to materialize, there will be no where else to turn. The idea is that government can sort of prime the pump again through deficit spending and the money will flow again like syphoning gas out of a tank. Will it work? Most doubt it sincerely because true economic growth is brought about by demand. Not by lowering interest rates, borrowing past one's ability to pay back, and spending money we don't have. At any rate, it's been over four years and way too many critical economic indicators are lagging at a truly troubling pace.

When companies fail, pensions fail along with them and the dominos keep falling till they stop on their own. Working all one's life only to watch their wealth wiped out in a few short days of stock free fall is too terrible for most folks to ponder. But, it happened more than once and could well do it again, I sincerely hope not. It's like I've been saying. What is money really? We left the gold standard behind years ago. These days it's more of an idea than something tangible, based on the perceived wealth of our land. Put another way, one day some guy might have a stamp with an airplane misprinted upside down on it that is valued at over a half a million dollars. It has perceived value. But, it's really just a little piece of colored paper. When money inflates or gets tight, that piece of paper is deemed of little or no value, you might be lucky to get a 5 dollar bill for it.

Over 177 countries are presently in crisis status. Looking down the gun barrel at bankruptcy. I'm not saying I know when and where it could happen. I'm just saying if a large number of these countries go bankrupt they will take us all with them. The perceived wealth of our land, or GDP, will be substantially less at that point. How much would a guy give for an upside down airplane on an old postage stamp when he's desperate to get enough food to feed his children? The whole world idea of money and worth will change forever at that time.
Stocks go down, you blame Obama. Stocks go up, blame anything but Obama. Everybody knows how you play.
TheRealThing Wrote:Sorry to hear that. I can only imagine how hard that would be to face. However unbelievable it may seem, we may well face that problem again soon. Stock market analysts say the main reason the Dow has remained strong is because of the use of our newly adopted Monetarist/Keynesian economic model. And, foreign investors are still choosing to park their money over here because the world economy is so anemic. The government is stimulating the market by various means including flooding the economy with borrowed stimulus. money, investments in companies in the green energy field, manipulated low interest rates, yet another government exacerbated housing bubble and printing money. The fear is at some point, the availability of borrowed money may shrink substantially and force another stock market correction, similar to the one we saw in 2008.

I look at it this way. How many stock market crashes have there been since obama has became president?
Lets stop doing the Bush vs. Obama on a daily basis.
Its no secret Bush and his policies, coupled with a war was no good for economic prosperity.
However, Obama has done nothing to put the country in the right direction. We can post fairy tales all day long, but the fact is he may be the biggest failure to ever sit in the white house.
I for one, would like to see someone take the country in the right direction, and we had a chance to do that last Novemeber, but completely failed.