Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Venezuela offers asylum to U.S. intel leaker Snowden
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I don't need to, they already know what they are doing. You are the one who is clueless about the coal mining industry.

I will take your opinion for what it is worth. Confusednicker:

The sig shows 53 months of Obama unemployment numbers and reminds people of what the economy was like in the 8 years that preceded Obama's reign of economic terror.

Obama's "new normal" is not normal by any stretch of the imagination. He makes Jimmy Carter look like Milton Friedman.
Ok. But, it wasn't me that said it was easy to make one of those. You are proving that you aren't very good at image making, or that you have shitty programing to make them with.
TheRealVille Wrote:I will take your opinion for what it is worth. Confusednicker:

The sig shows 53 months of Obama unemployment numbers and reminds people of what the economy was like in the 8 years that preceded Obama's reign of economic terror.

Obama's "new normal" is not normal by any stretch of the imagination. He makes Jimmy Carter look like Milton Friedman.Ok. But, it wasn't me that said it was easy to make one of those. You are proving that you aren't very good at image making, or that you have shitty programing to make them with.
That's real classy, RV. I expect nothing more from you. You have ripped off far worse work without giving its creator credit. :lmao:
TheRealThing Wrote:Last I checked it takes quite a while to build one of these plants. So, how many of them did you build last year again?
I worked on two, and there are many being built in the last several years. You must not have checked very hard, those units are built in about 7 months. There are about 15 units being built just in the Wheeling area. There are more in PA and OH. There are tons of them being built all over the shale area. That's where I would have been for all of the last 2 years, if I hadn't gotten this other job. I have been called back there several times, and don't go. Stick to retirement old man, you know nothing about these units. Let the guys that actually build them report the facts about them.
TheRealVille Wrote:I worked on two, and there are many being built in the last several years. You must not have checked very hard, those units are built in about 7 months. There are about 15 units being built just in the Wheeling area. There are more in PA and OH. There are tons of them being built all over the shale area. That's where I would have been for all of the last 2 years, if I hadn't gotten this other job. I have been called back there several times, and don't go. Stick to retirement old man, you know nothing about these units. Let the guys that actually build them report the facts about them.

Average is a year, fitters probably spend 7 months there. Four working and 3 running their jib. I believe your words were that you spent last year, singular, in the shale, lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Average is a year, fitters probably spend 7 months there. Four working and 3 running their jib. I believe your words were that you spent last year, singular, in the shale, lol.
Each unit takes about 7 months total, rolling from one unit to the next. You don't have a frigging clue how long fitters stay there. They build 95% of what's in these units. No boilermakers, not many carpenters(for scaffold building), and the remainder are ironworkers, and laborers, and operators. All superintendents are fitters. Consult Mark West if you want to verify how long it takes to build one. I worked on # 1 and 2 on "Mobley mountain". I left about the time unit #3 was starting. Mark West is building 6 units. That's not counting all the other companies building units. You can quote an average when you are on one. I stayed from start, to finish on #1, then worked on #2 for awhile, until I found out about my present job. Like I said, You've never stepped foot on one of these units. Leave the information telling to the experts. Enjoy your retirement.
TheRealVille Wrote:Each unit takes about 7 months total, rolling from one unit to the next. You don't have a frigging clue how long fitters stay there. They build 95% of what's in these units. No boilermakers, not many carpenters(for scaffold building), and the remainder are ironworkers, and laborers, and operators. All superintendents are fitters. Consult Mark West if you want to verify how long it takes to build one. I worked on # 1 and 2 on "Mobley mountain". I left about the time unit #3 was starting. Mark West is building 6 units. That's not counting all the other companies building units. You can quote an average when you are on one. I stayed from start, to finish on #1, then worked on #2 for awhile, until I found out about my present job. Like I said, You've never stepped foot on one of these units. Leave the information telling to the experts. Enjoy your retirement.

I have always said you were an expert, in self deception. I guess they stack up all that iron and pipe on the dirt. :igiveup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I have always said you were an expert, in self deception. I guess they stack up all that iron and pipe on the dirt. :igiveup:
Nope, ironworkers set all the steel for it. But, make no mistake, pipefitters have the majority of the work on these units, by a long shot. These units are almost exclusively piping systems. I'll give the carpenters some love though, there were two small metal buildings that they probably did the finish work on the inside. This ain't schools they are building up there.

Edit: Not a refinery shutdown going on up on those mountains either.
TheRealVille Wrote:Nope, ironworkers set all the steel for it. But, make no mistake, pipefitters have the majority of the work on these units, by a long shot. These units are almost exclusively piping systems. I'll give the carpenters some love though, there were two small metal buildings that they probably did the finish work on the inside. This ain't schools they are building up there.

Edit: Not a refinery shutdown going on up on those mountains either.

Made a fly-by the tower but nobody was home again. Steel super structures don't do well set up on the dirt. Neither do pump bases, tanks, pipe racks or little metal buildings for that matter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Made a fly-by the tower but nobody was home again. Steel super structures don't do well set up on the dirt. Neither do pump bases, tanks, pipe racks or little metal buildings for that matter.
I guess carpenters or masons poured some concrete for the steel and pumps, and buildings, but I digress. The majority of work is fitter work on these. That's why there were several of the other crafts, and several hundreds of fitters.
TheRealVille Wrote:I guess carpenters or masons poured some concrete for the steel and pumps, and buildings, but I digress. The majority of work is fitter work on these.

Missing the foundation seems to be a mistake you often make. And it is far more than digression, it is omission based on an inflated sense of self worth. Doesn't take much of an imagination to foresee the need of a lot of pipe in oil and gas recovery. Likewise, laying out the footprint of a plant, the foundations, anchor bolts for the steel you mention and elevations of which, is no small contribution to the construction process. But, go ahead and give yourself a pass, by now we see that too falls within your area of expertise. :eyeroll:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Missing the foundation seems to be a mistake you often make. And it is far more than digression, it is omission based on an inflated sense of self worth. Doesn't take much of an imagination to foresee the need of a lot of pipe in oil and gas recovery. Likewise, laying out the footprint of a plant, the foundations, anchor bolts for the steel you mention and elevations of which, is no small contribution to the construction process. But, go ahead and give yourself a pass, by now we see that too falls within your area of expertise. :eyeroll:
Yea, I've got tons of iron worker friends. Those guys are great. They put up some sturdy stuff for our pipe, and for us to climb on. While you might want to over inflate the usefulness of carpenters on big construction, you might want to check that with the many thousands of construction workers abroad.
TheRealVille Wrote:Yea, I've got tons of iron worker friends.

I've got a few myself and they always set columns on carpenter installed anchor bolts. That doesn't change the fact that your initial assessment of the level of contribution carpenters make to the construction of recovery plants was about as greenhorn a statement as I have heard.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I've got a few myself and they always set columns on carpenter installed anchor bolts. That doesn't change the fact that your initial assessment of the level of contribution carpenters make to the construction of recovery plants was about as greenhorn a statement as I have heard.
I'll give you that. Your point? You still trying to argue that you guys are the "big dog" trade. I think there are thousands that would disagree. Carpenters don't contribute as much as you'd like to think on the recovery units. I'll give guys some love, schools and hospitals need you bad.
TheRealVille Wrote:I'll give you that. Your point? You still trying to argue that you guys are the "big dog" trade. I think there are thousands that would disagree. I'll give guys some love, schools and hospitals need you bad.

Now why would I want to waste any more time arguing with a guy who is convinced he is so wonderful? Foundations in their multiple forms, in the right place and on the right elevation with anchor bolts set on the right coordinates, mean just as much as the steel, vessels, pumps, tanks and the massive machinery the other crafts set on them. Same thing with the restaurants, schools, hospitals and government buildings you drive by to get to a plant. Your argument is similar to the UAW man who runs the brake and fuel lines on a car saying he is more important than the guy who puts in the motor or the guy who puts in the transmission and rear end.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]