Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Fairview (Scrimmage)
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Would like to see Fairview pick up a team like JC, Ashland, or possibly a Belfrey/or another mid/major mtn team in the Regular season. Would have loved to have seen this scrimmage. Was there a reason certain starters did not play?

No real reason . Same thing against Sheldon Clark last week . Several didnt play , & few didnt even dress . My son was one for this game that didnt play .
JCHS has a heck of a team , & will go far into the playoffs
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Off Topic....

Mr. Jones, I am a fan of your website and your radio show!

Talon Wrote:No real reason . Same thing against Sheldon Clark last week . Several didnt play , & few didnt even dress . My son was one for this game that didnt play .

Well on second thought 4 starters that didnt play tonight were a little banged up , nothing to keep them out of a regular game but since this was a scrimmage coach kept them out to rest up , but their were a couple others who didnt play i guess to not show too much from what i was told
I knew JC was supposed to be back to their cream of the crop guys. 3 veteran rbs, 4,000+ yards rushing as a team is nearl expected. Didnt expect that with Fairview size upfront they would be so dominant. But this was a scrimmage. A chance to get some bubble players some varsity minutes to see how they look against legit competition. Though t was just that, a scrimmage, I expect it to have a big play in the Fairview/Raceland thread, by comparison to how Raceland fairs with an early Ashland match up on wk 1. As of late, our area is Ashland, Fairview, Raceland and everyone else fight amogat themselves. Would love to see Raceland Fairview JC and Ashland so some sort of Bowl at the beginning of each year. Heck, wouldnt hurt my feelings none to see Raceland/ Fairview twice in a regular season. Lookig foward to friday nights again...ITS TIME
Why is it that there are so many on here that think Ashland is something? When is the last time they have done anything 25+ years ago? Smh
These 4 starter that didn't play off or deff . Still with as many kids fairview has no reason there deff should look that bad let a team put up 40 point in one quater . Why would u play any game if u didn't want to win . I think they got she'll shocked .
I think in the last 6 years eagles r aleast state champs 4 times if not for ft Thomas and cov cath but I guess that they way things r . Hope the next reclassification jchs get away from ft Thomas . I don't think they r maybe two teams in the state hoo can beat them year end year out
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:Why is it that there are so many on here that think Ashland is something? When is the last time they have done anything 25+ years ago? Smh

:brunettec

Our little friend in hiding (he's reading on BGR, but not posting)...... NotSoBadCat may not like THEBIGDAWG talking about his little "Fierce Felines" that way.

What's wrong NotSoBadCat...... THEBIGDAWG got your tounge???????

THEBIGDAWG is now my new favorite BGR poster. :1:
eagles2011 Wrote:These 4 starter that didn't play off or deff . Still with as many kids fairview has no reason there deff should look that bad let a team put up 40 point in one quater . Why would u play any game if u didn't want to win . I think they got she'll shocked .

It was more than 4 starters that didnt play , their were 6 .I said 4 of them didnt play because they were a little banged up , nothing that would have prevented them from playing in a real game but since it was a scrimmage they just rested them . The other 2 that didnt play was by design to not show too much . Of the 6 players that didnt play they were RB/DB , WR/DB, TE/DE , 2 OL / DL , LB
Ashland and Johnson Central are both plagued with the same fate that Raceland faced for so many years, the dreaded Northern Kentucky teams. I traveled to Paintsville a couple of years to watch JC in their deep playoff runs. The first year I went up they didn't even have the visitors side stands in place, I think they played Cov Cath, you take away a couple of bad calls by the refs and a couple of questionable calls from the coaching staff and I think JC wins state.
Ramcat77 Wrote:Ashland and Johnson Central are both plagued with the same fate that Raceland faced for so many years, the dreaded Northern Kentucky teams. I traveled to Paintsville a couple of years to watch JC in their deep playoff runs. The first year I went up they didn't even have the visitors side stands in place, I think they played Cov Cath, you take away a couple of bad calls by the refs and a couple of questionable calls from the coaching staff and I think JC wins state.

Your right... that was 2006. That was the first game all season that Cov. Cath. played on real grass.

I was as close as anybody in the entire world on that measurement that was ruled short, and to this day I know it wasn't. That stopped a big drive for JC. Then our 'train' Blake Johnson went down with a knee injury.

IMO, the state championship has been played between JC and either Highlands or Cov. Cath about 5 times since the 2006 season.
Talon Wrote:We would've got beaten tonight regardless , but Fairview had several 1st string starters who didnt play at all tonight including my son . This was by design not by injuries

Talon Wrote:No real reason . Same thing against Sheldon Clark last week . Several didnt play , & few didnt even dress . My son was one for this game that didnt play .

Talon Wrote:Well on second thought 4 starters that didnt play tonight were a little banged up , nothing to keep them out of a regular game but since this was a scrimmage coach kept them out to rest up , but their were a couple others who didnt play i guess to not show too much from what i was told

Talon Wrote:It was more than 4 starters that didnt play , their were 6 .I said 4 of them didnt play because they were a little banged up , nothing that would have prevented them from playing in a real game but since it was a scrimmage they just rested them . The other 2 that didnt play was by design to not show too much . Of the 6 players that didnt play they were RB/DB , WR/DB, TE/DE , 2 OL / DL , LB

Give it a freakin rest.
This was the first time I've ever seen a high school football game/scrimmage on a Wednesday night.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:This was the first time I've ever seen a high school football game/scrimmage on a Wednesday night.

I know it was weird wasnt ? I dont if this is true , but was told since season kicks off on Friday they couldnt have played then due to KHSAA rules , & couldnt play thursday because of a scheduling conflict
I gotta give props to Tyler (the) Pack-Man.... JC's kicker.

He kicked 3 or 4 PAT's last night and the ball hit the score board. And I don't mean hit as in a glancing blow. I mean it hit the scoreboard and sounded like the cannon went off.
I heard from the most reliable Fairview source I have, that comparing this years to last years team that the tallent isnt as high in the skill positions, but that the size and stregth upfront was better and more experienced. Sounds to me like having the 2 starting lineman out made a big difference on both sides of the ball. 36 hrs from now we shakl be discussing the official opening nights games...my how i can not wait
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Your right... that was 2006. That was the first game all season that Cov. Cath. played on real grass.

I was as close as anybody in the entire world on that measurement that was ruled short, and to this day I know it wasn't. That stopped a big drive for JC. Then our 'train' Blake Johnson went down with a knee injury.

IMO, the state championship has been played between JC and either Highlands or Cov. Cath about 5 times since the 2006 season.
Hard to believe it was that long ago. I don't remember much about it, but do remember hearing the train horn over and over haha.
MattJonesKSR Wrote:Give it a freakin rest.

Lets make something clear here . If we had all of our starters play , & all of JCHS starters play a full 4 quaters game no mistake they would've beat us with a running clock , because they are a far better team . I was more frustrated with the fact we didnt play all of our 1st stringers in this game , because playing a team like JCHS will only make a team better in the season , expose weak areas coaches can work on , plus let our guys know just because they had a season like we did last yr that they are steal beatable . I wasnt making excuses just frustrated all our starters didnt exp this ,& try to say " well we didnt play is why we got beat like that " . JCHS is a great team , & i figure the only team that could keep them from a perfect season is Harlan ...good luck JCHS !!
Let the ball roll were may and move on. It's time for the season to start . Get the RPM's up . Eagles it's party time.
all you said makes since if your not going to play your starters then why scrimmage. How do they learn setting on the side line. Thanks for the statement about JC they may very well have the best team ever at JC very well balanced. But defense is still learning if they come around they will be very hard to beat. Good Luck with your teams season.
If you got guys hurt, there's no point to roll them out in the scrimmage. That part makes sense.

Really, though, who cares about margins of victory in a scrimmage? They shouldn't even keep score in these things. Belfry "loses" scrimmages about every year...but they look just fine when it matters, because the purpose of a scrimmage is to play all your kids and run your sets at live game speed to finalize your season plan. It's not to "win" a game that doesn't count. It's nice to look clearly better with your varsity out there than two pretty good teams, but we got some way tougher games comin down the line (Ironton, Ashland, Harlan County, Belfry) and I'd much rather look ahead to those - and Holy Trinity first in line - than engage in the "it could have been so much worse or better if" crap for a game that didn't even count. Most important thing is everybody gets some reps and hopefully nobody gets banged up.
Ouch!

Looks like there maybe a new 1A team representing the east this year
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Ouch!

Looks like there maybe a new 1A team representing the east this year

Oh yeah Williamsburg :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:Why is it that there are so many on here that think Ashland is something? When is the last time they have done anything 25+ years ago? Smh
Even though we haven't played in or won a title since 1990 Ashland is the measuring stick for all the teams we play during the regular season and most of our games are rivalry games. If you can beat Ashland, 9 times out of 10 you have a pretty good team and can play with anyone on your schedule!!!! :popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:Oh yeah Williamsburg :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead

Who?