Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central vs East Ridge 8/23
Thoughts on the season opener?
I think East Ridge will open the season with a very close win.
Not knocking the potential of ER or Knott Central but I don't think the success they had in their scrimmage is a good indicator of how well ER is. Allen Central's defense won't give up the big plays and are way better fundamentally and deeper on both sides of the ball than Knott Central. I think AC will win this game by 10.
AC
Season openers can sometimes be hard to predict but, I think Allen Central is the better team. I think that both teams are better than they were last season but, not sure if ER has what it takes to slow down AC's running attack.

Allen Central - 24

East Ridge - 14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Allen Central seemed to have problems against a horrible Riverview team. East Ridge may not be the best, but I don't see Allen Central winning with their horrible alignment. No Defense in america will play a DL who played like AC's did. Warriors by 20.
A 4-3 defense? There's actually quite a few defenses that run that alignment.

*Edit* I would also like to add that Riverview didn't fumble every other snap, had a lot of numbers, and were pretty big and fast. Guess we'll see how it plays out Friday night. Hope that crazy 4-3 defense works for somebody.
Your 4-3 is acceptable. What is silly is when you play double shade or 3. I can't see the AC DL accomplishing anything besides standing straight up like they did every snap against RV.
If you attended this scrimmage and payed any attention, you would've noticed AC particularly is going with speed this year, Not a lot of big slow linemen but quick meaty kids. With all the speed and some what size they have in at LB, it'll be a good match up.
I'll agree with him, the AC DL did look clueless, or maybe that is the way they were taught? Either way, they did stand up the majority of the plays. You can't play DL and stand up. Simple.
Warriors by 6
Ac 27
er 13
Easy ridge 27
Allen cent 12
East Ridge-27
Allen Central-12
East Ridge has to much quickness for the Rebels and the Warriors have got a lot stonger.
Allen Central- 32

East Ridge- 16
If the Rebels drop this one, it will be a very long year for AC fans. Pulling for the Floyd Co. teams. Go Rebs!
Would someone be kind enough to text me updates on this one?

740-644-5055