Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Pitt (TN) 35 Bell County 20
Sure hate to see any of the mountain teams loose especially to a TN team. Gives the redhounds some hope headed to log mountain this year tho.
Bell is horrible this year.
Gonna be a long year.
As much as I wish they were they are not horrible. There defense is very fast. I went to their game instead of ours, (sorry). Just wanted to see them. South was a very good team. Not a typical Bell team, but still a very good team that will get better. Can we beat them , yes. But they are not horrible. Must stay healthy. They only dressed about 36 or so. Can not wait for them. Mills may get what he deserves.
I am completely indifferent on how Bell played. They have some huge glaring weaknesses but are not nearly as bad as some people make them out to be. Their D is fast on the outside, which is what we all knew but without Dylan Cox is weak up the middle. Their passing game is entirely not existent. In fact, they dropped two TDs in the endzone, both of which were nice balls thrown by Peyton Collette. Roughly 3 TDs were called back on South Pitt and so was a 30 yard run. Of course, that is what is to be expected from a bigger faster stronger TN team coming into Log Mountain they're going to give them a little cooking at home. It didn't do too much but save Bell from being blown out. All I know is there is a good chance that Bell County starts the season 0-3 and Middlesboro will be the only team in the County without a loss when they roll into Log Mountain.
Amped 88 Wrote:Both of your teams have a long way to go to get where Bell is. All I can tell you both is that you better take your best shot this year because this will be your best chance.

Me and Mr. Amped has had our moments of disagreement, mostly over the offensive game plans but I can't fault him for that..we've won a lot of games with the run, but we've also lost a lot of very winnable games due to the refusal to mix more than 1 pass in, personally I think things may be a little different this year judging from Friday night, but that's a discussion for another day.

I agree completely with him here. I like a lot of what RIUTG says, he shoots pretty forward, but I think from what I'm taking away from game 1, we beat Whitley and KC this year. If we do, the next few years won't be good for either because the team we have now is going to get better and better. It's a good team, and the coaches are handling the situation correctly and making this team look a lot better than it is. We're going to show up on Friday nights with boys out on the field I feel is on the same level as the other two but I firmly believe the difference will be the coaching. A lot of people down on Mills, don't forget back in 08 and 09 when Knox played us pretty tough how everyone was clamoring that Mills was the better coach, or on the same level to keep his team so close, just didn't have the athletes Dudley had. Don't forget all of the arguments that Mills built KC up from nothing to a year in and year out solid contender. The guy hasn't changed, he's still a great coach that knows how to bring the best out in these boys. To me, the best shot is going to be this year, but I'm not so sure it's gonna happen. I think we've got a better team up on log mountain than a lot of people are giving us credit for.
I too think that Bell is going to have a better year than most think. I am not going to sit here and pick games they will lose or games they will win but I do know that Bell will show up every Friday night and the other team will know that they are in a dog fight. Good luck to all.
Don't know a lot ,but ever sense the 08 team most would get on here and say how bad bell would be the next year I believe in those years they managed to go 12@2, 13@1. 11@2, And. 10@3. Last year .this years team has a lot of room for improvement the only team in this area that could beat. South Pitt is Harlan .co and that a big maybe.they made young mistakes make them once that's alright keep making them that's a bad pattern that's needs to be worked on .what I have problems with is seniors not making the big plays when needed bell has had that before ,don't know about now.so we may take some loses early but hopefully we will be dishing some out by the end of the year.:Thumbs:
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Me and Mr. Amped has had our moments of disagreement, mostly over the offensive game plans but I can't fault him for that..we've won a lot of games with the run, but we've also lost a lot of very winnable games due to the refusal to mix more than 1 pass in, personally I think things may be a little different this year judging from Friday night, but that's a discussion for another day.

I agree completely with him here. I like a lot of what RIUTG says, he shoots pretty forward, but I think from what I'm taking away from game 1, we beat Whitley and KC this year. If we do, the next few years won't be good for either because the team we have now is going to get better and better. It's a good team, and the coaches are handling the situation correctly and making this team look a lot better than it is. We're going to show up on Friday nights with boys out on the field I feel is on the same level as the other two but I firmly believe the difference will be the coaching. A lot of people down on Mills, don't forget back in 08 and 09 when Knox played us pretty tough how everyone was clamoring that Mills was the better coach, or on the same level to keep his team so close, just didn't have the athletes Dudley had. Don't forget all of the arguments that Mills built KC up from nothing to a year in and year out solid contender. The guy hasn't changed, he's still a great coach that knows how to bring the best out in these boys. To me, the best shot is going to be this year, but I'm not so sure it's gonna happen. I think we've got a better team up on log mountain than a lot of people are giving us credit for.

The Whitley/Bell game this year will be a close one, but i fully believe Whitley will beat Bell this year. And Whitley returns everyone next year, so i expect more of the same. This Whitley team is pretty young, only a handful of starters, and they will return most of there line along with QB, RB's, etc, and the defense will all be back except for 3 i think.
As i said earlier, Ive been on this site for four years, and not one time have i ever picked Whitley over Bell, but im doing it this year...
Good Luck, LOL
^
See you in two weeks.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Me and Mr. Amped has had our moments of disagreement, mostly over the offensive game plans but I can't fault him for that..we've won a lot of games with the run, but we've also lost a lot of very winnable games due to the refusal to mix more than 1 pass in, personally I think things may be a little different this year judging from Friday night, but that's a discussion for another day.

You have to be kidding me!!!!!!!!! No one was saying that Mills was better than Dudley. Mills had tons of help here building this team. Especially in the weight room. He knows that. Mills is a great coach, that is not what I am saying...but he is NOT on the same playing field with Hilton. I don't believe anyone in Bell County thinks so. I know we do not here.
Bell fans would give there left nut to get Dudley back on the sideline.
belldad2011 Wrote:Don't know a lot ,but ever sense the 08 team most would get on here and say how bad bell would be the next year I believe in those years they managed to go 12@2, 13@1. 11@2, And. 10@3. Last year .this years team has a lot of room for improvement the only team in this area that could beat. South Pitt is Harlan .co and that a big maybe.they made young mistakes make them once that's alright keep making them that's a bad pattern that's needs to be worked on .what I have problems with is seniors not making the big plays when needed bell has had that before ,don't know about now.so we may take some loses early but hopefully we will be dishing some out by the end of the year.:Thumbs:

You have got to be kidding me. Bell fans continue to amaze me. South Pitt had 3 good running backs with great speed and a adverage line. 2 of their best players did not even play. South Pitt was NO Harlan Co. Do not even go there. I have seen them both in the last two weeks.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Bell fans would give there left nut to get Dudley back on the sideline.

And prop their right one too.......Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Bell fans would give there left nut to get Dudley back on the sideline.

panther nation Wrote:And prop their right one too.......Confusednicker:

Some people and some wouldn't. Mills is a good fit this is just a young Bell team that will get better each week. Keep working hard Bobcats.:Thumbs:
any news on kid that was took out in ambulance?
PRIDE101 Wrote:You have got to be kidding me. Bell fans continue to amaze me. South Pitt had 3 good running backs with great speed and a adverage line. 2 of their best players did not even play. South Pitt was NO Harlan Co. Do not even go there. I have seen them both in the last two weeks.

The Harlan County game will be an emergency room afternoon for the bobcats.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Some people and some wouldn't. Mills is a good fit this is just a young Bell team that will get better each week. Keep working hard Bobcats.:Thumbs:

From the outside looking in it does not seem like coach Mills gets the same support that Dudly received. They certainly was no one complaining out loud about the play calling and who won an award. But I can remember when Knox Centrals football team looked just like the Centrals girls basketball looks now. I will always have the most respect for what he has done for K C. If the fans get behind him Bell will be find. But if the kids keep hearing at home how it is all the coaches fault it could turn in to a long year.