Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County @ Russell 8/30
Last I hear, Sammy wasn't running d line, just o line. Of coarse the line play has changed every week. I think this will be Russells deepest line in several years thanks to the good young talent. They should be able to move guys in and out on both sides of the ball to keep them fresh
Smell an upset
Russell by 16
I know Greenup isn't very good but from what I have heard Russell is down as well. On paper Russell SHOULD beat Greenup but I wouldn't be surprised to see Greenup win if Russell overlooks them and doesn't take then serious.
As young and inexperience as Russell is they can't afford to overlook anyone. They need to play like their hair is on fire
I saw Greenup play East Carter at the Grid and they didn't look terrible. Granted they played a very weak East team Greenup looks like they are going in the right direction. I think they will win a couple of games this year an maybe even scare a team or two.
Orange Blaze Wrote:I saw Greenup play East Carter at the Grid and they didn't look terrible. Granted they played a very weak East team Greenup looks like they are going in the right direction. I think they will win a couple of games this year an maybe even scare a team or two.

East was missing three starters. One of them the very versatile quarterback.

Take that much away from a at best average team. And you become a bad team!
And that's how Greenup Co won by the margin they won by. It will be very interesting
to see the next matchup of these two.
I'm not sure how the team will look Friday but the field looks great.
I haven't seen a Russell team play like their hair was on fire since 07. Hopefully this group comes out like that.
FBALL Wrote:I haven't seen a Russell team play like their hair was on fire since 07. Hopefully this group comes out like that.
I'll bring the matches! Lol:flame:
Russell may be down but still too much for the Muskies

Russell 34
Greenup County 14
Greenup 20 - Russell 3
Leonidas Wrote:Greenup 20 - Russell 3

To have such a war like avatar!
This is comical!
You have got to be a die hard faithful!
I applaud you for that!:Clap:e
Leonidas Wrote:Greenup 20 - Russell 3

If your this nieve, i have some beach front on rt one I'd love to sell you
Watched Russell scrimmage Lawrence and was very impressed with the kid named Suman. He was the best LB on the field and fit perfectly in Russell's Wing-T offense. Russell may not be a state championship type team but when the weather gets cold dont count them out. The ball control style can steal a game or two when it matters.

Russell: 35
Greenup: 7
Russell 38:Thumbs:

Greenup 7
I think Leonidas is a Belfry fan.
All depends on how fast the young kids develop. They will get better every game though
Russell coaches at Greenup tonight watching freshman play...lol