Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle 28 Whitley 9
Man i'm really shocked at the season WC is having right now. As far as i knew before season started WC was looking forward to a good season, now it seems like it's just fallen apart and not getting any better anytime soon..Like someone said earlier at least the young kids are getting some playing time, mills will come back and while that will help somewhat, one man can't do it all..Hope WC gets it together by district play, i'm not sure they are gonna even have a good district season now...
Kind of Shocked from reading on here I got the impression that Rock had threw the towel in. But I believe there fans forgot to tell the team the season was over.
footballfever Wrote::lame:

Until we have your almighty knowledge on the sideline coaching we will never be anything.....:biglmao:
insideinfo Wrote:Kind of Shocked from reading on here I got the impression that Rock had threw the towel in. But I believe there fans forgot to tell the team the season was over.

No, Whitley is the one that threw in the towel, and im not talking about the kids either.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Man i'm really shocked at the season WC is having right now. As far as i knew before season started WC was looking forward to a good season, now it seems like it's just fallen apart and not getting any better anytime soon..Like someone said earlier at least the young kids are getting some playing time, mills will come back and while that will help somewhat, one man can't do it all..Hope WC gets it together by district play, i'm not sure they are gonna even have a good district season now...

You know i dont sugarcoat anything, so to be honest, i see a 2-9 season now, 3-8 if were lucky.

Theres no repairing this season unless something drastic happens and theres nothing left to change. Having Mills back will help but when your a 5A school and can only pull off 40 kids a year that tells you something needs changed and when players go down like they have, you have no reserves there to step up. I wouldnt be surprised to see 8 or 9 kids playing both ways before the years over if not more. Its already close to that as it is.
footballfever Wrote::lame:

:please: GUT GUT I VOTE THEE TOP MODERATOR:hilarious:
Its been a hard year to watch football.
Were inexperienced, hurt, and have a coaching staff thats incapable of getting kids to play. Thats all a recipe for disaster and thats whats happening.

Guys like fever can say all they want, they know its true as well.
This team is done.
footballfever Wrote::please: GUT GUT I VOTE THEE TOP MODERATOR:hilarious:

I dont know about top moderator, but its pretty close.
footballfever Wrote::please: GUT GUT I VOTE THEE TOP MODERATOR:hilarious:

WAIT WAIT I WANT TO EDIT....GUT 55 SUR YOU ALL ____ :biglmao: U ALL R POS:biglmao::hilarious:
I have never been able to figure out Whitley sports there Boys basketball has gone through something like 20 coaches in 23 years,and they hired the one they have now because they thought he would stay a while. That is a really good reason to hire a coach I guess. The girls basketball team has had more talent go through there during Andersons 25 years than any other school in the region and have nothing to show for it. And the football team always seems to me to be in some kind of drama. I am a firm believer that if the administration does not care, things will never change. They will cry about losing kids to other districts but they will do nothing to keep kids from wanting to leave. It is a fact that kids and parent want to win whether it be checkers or football. If you make quality hires in all your extracurricular activities you will get more kids than you lose.
gut you kinda messed up your moderator of year by posting my comment twice.....:lmao::biglmao::closeenough::okay: FTLOG

EDIT EDIT EDIT
The last two posts in this thread are strange, lol
insideinfo Wrote:I have never been able to figure out Whitley sports there Boys basketball has gone through something like 20 coaches in 23 years,and they hired the one they have now because they thought he would stay a while. That is a really good reason to hire a coach I guess. The girls basketball team has had more talent go through there during Andersons 25 years than any other school in the region and have nothing to show for it. And the football team always seems to me to be in some kind of drama. I am a firm believer that if the administration does not care, things will never change. They will cry about losing kids to other districts but they will do nothing to keep kids from wanting to leave. It is a fact that kids and parent want to win whether it be checkers or football. If you make quality hires in all your extracurricular activities you will get more kids than you lose.

I believe there was a time when they really did care about athletics, but it was put into the wrong hands time and time again and politics played a role in it when it shouldnt have.
Now that LA is finally gone, many thought the politics would be out of it and everything would be fine. Well, to be honest, i think the politics did go out of it somewhat, but the current administration doesnt care that much for athletics. I dont know what to say. Its the same old story every year. We havent won a district title in basketball since 1982, havent beat Corbin since 94 or 95, and thats playing 2-3 times a year and theres no excuse for it.
Theres enough talent in those hallways, but we dont have the right people in place to get that talent out IMHO.
LWC Wrote:The last two posts in this thread are strange, lol

Confusednicker:
Ive been trying to figure out footballfever for three years now and still nothing.
I would assume me editing his personal shot at me and 64sur had something to do with it :biggrin:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I went to the Corbin/Danville game instead of this one, but im not surprised.

When your using a completely different backfield then the one you started the season with, its going to throw a rock into things.

Atleast these young colonels will get some experience this year. I hate to see a team with some potential doing so poorly, but I dont think you can really put it on the kids. There playing with what they got. As someone else stated, Im only seeing a 2 or 3 win season as well unless some major things change. The good new is Mills should be back for district play, maybe even the Knox game.
Football all over this state is really down this year compared to years past, and after watching Corbin absoloutly dominate Danville, I think your going to see surprising scores every single week.

I agree with this. Trinity losing left and right, Central struggling and a lot of teams just not living up to the hype. I absolutely had no doubt that Harlan co would beat Belfry and look what happened, then Belfry goes the next week and barely makes it out alive with SW. Somerset is not what we all thought they would be and then this score in the Highlands game. I now think it is Pulaski who might be the best 5a team in the east, Johnson Central is probably the best 4a and could be the best team over all in the Mountains but we will never know till they play a good team. Belfry is the best 3a team but I don't think they are as good as the last few years. Middlesboro could be the best 2a team in the Mountains rather than Somerset and I think Raceland is probably the best 1a team in the east. I think this young Hazard team by season end could still be the best 1a team in the Mountains even though they lost to Pikeville in a game IMO that neither team looked a lot better then the other. I like this kind of a season but it is killing my football pick'em score lol.
^
IMHO, your going to see a lot of "triangle of wins" this year.
Team A beats Team B, Team B beats Team C, and Team C beats Team A.
There are very few "exceptional" teams this year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
IMHO, your going to see a lot of "triangle of wins" this year.
Team A beats Team B, Team B beats Team C, and Team C beats Team A.
There are very few "exceptional" teams this year.

I think Mayfield in 1a and Bowling Green in 5a ar the only clear cut #1 teams. Highlands is good as usual but I don't think this is one of those stand out Highlands teams and 4a IMO is pretty down in this state overall. I don't want to list Highlands because they don't have much of a challenge to show us just how good they are.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Confusednicker:
Ive been trying to figure out footballfever for three years now and still nothing.
I would assume me editing his personal shot at me and 64sur had something to do with it :biggrin:

Gut take my word for it, 64 could care less, and if you keep up with him you will see he very seldom takes shots at anyone East of I75:biglmao:
Whitley's wheels have falling off. They need to regroup to split the remainder of their games. But long term they are going to have to get more bodies on the sidelines to be competitive. Corbin with half their enrollment has 50% more players. What are the kids doing who don't play football. Go to one of their little league nights and there will be a slew of kids playing from each of their grade schools.They always have great numbers in middle school.
E's Army Wrote:Whitley's wheels have falling off. They need to regroup to split the remainder of their games. But long term they are going to have to get more bodies on the sidelines to be competitive. Corbin with half their enrollment has 50% more players. What are the kids doing who don't play football. Go to one of their little league nights and there will be a slew of kids playing from each of their grade schools.They always have great numbers in middle school.

You got to have a coaching staff that gets kids to play and we dont have that. Havent in a long time.
E's Army Wrote:Letcher Central and a shot at Perry Central.

Remember perry central beat clay 21-0, if Whitley gets beat Friday night they may go 0-10. Lynn camp may put them back on the schedule next year Confusednicker:
^
Whitley still won have any injured players back for Clay, so one would assume Clay would have to be the favorites at this point.
However, theyll atleast have Mills back for Perry and Letcher which should give them a shot. You may very well see an 2-8 Whitley team take a two see into the playoffs and host a playoff game......very possible.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Confusednicker:

I Don't have a dog in this dance :dogbowl: