Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski Co. 42 North Laurel 26
I will say this, When your starting QB goes down on Wednesday and you have to change your entire game plan in two days is crazy. North's QB is probable the best athlete they have on the team. The kid has a Arm and is really Fast. They also had there linebacker go out the day on Thursday. had 6 total starters out. when they get Healthy, North Laurel could knock of alot of teams.
North Laurel's best player is their quarterback. He makes them much more difficult to defend. Pulaski is exceptional this year but North is crippled without their quarterback.
Injuries happen with every team. Pulaski was without 5 starters/ major contributors for this game, and lost another player on defense during 1st qtr. Injuries are part of the game. What sets the good teams apart is depth, and how they can overcome those injuries.
If North did lose their qb like it was said, day before the game, I wonder how good Pulaski would do without hall as qb if he was lost like norths was.
PC would still be good enough to beat north Laurel. And there wouldn't be a pitty party on BGR about it. Pulaski has faced more injuries than anyone on its schedule, but there are no excuses, it's next man up to get the job done.
Forever Maroon Wrote:PC would still be good enough to beat north Laurel. And there wouldn't be a pitty party on BGR about it. Pulaski has faced more injuries than anyone on its schedule, but there are no excuses, it's next man up to get the job done.

IDK or care, but if you take the best player off of a team the day before the game and at most high schools, they dont have the same type of player to replace them, then it is a big disadvantage.
At least PC knew they had the injuries and had time to deal with them. If we lose our QB it hurts us bad, let alone if its the day before the game.
Next man up may not be as good, ask the NFL, the backup isnt as good as the starter and in how many cases has it cost them a win
Forever Maroon, if Harris lights you all up for 300 yards and four or five touchdowns Friday night, which is entirely possible considering he is one of the best backs to come through in a while, then not a word of whining about players being out with injuries.
Having said that, I actually hope PC wins the game because I don't think we are going to beat Southern at Southern in two weeks. I would rather finish third, which would throw us opposite Harlan Co.in the bracket, and take my chances on a first-round road game against a fairly weak opponent, than finish second in the district, then have to go to Harlan Co. in week 2 if you win.
PC may very well win out, may very well even beat Harlan Co. at home in a regional title game. Might even make the title game, which would be a fantastic year. But their defense gives up points, so they're not winning a state championship with Bowling Green in 5A. And to play the excuse game, losing your best player two days before a game in high school is a blow basically no team is overcoming. Next man up sounds manly and all, but it is not reality at the high school level. Let Madison Southern lose Harris before Friday night. Or let you guys lose Hall this Wednesday. You wouldn't be winning against a quality opponent.
PC has lost a lot of players this year, and nobody from PC has been on BGR whining, moaning or making excuses about it. PC has more depth than ever, that's why there has been no whining. Next man up IS the motto. Can't worry about players not on the field, you have to play with the ones you have. We have said this all year long too, PC is not worried about winning district, region or state.. PC is focused on going 1-0 on Friday night.
Forever Maroon if you are really listen to yourself you know your full of it. Hines not looking ahead?? You better hope you don't loose Rilley Hall if your JV guy is next man up!!Your out of your mind and Hines is too if that is really the thruth!! Not saying looking past the next game but it's a guaratee that the PC team, coaches & fans are already thinking playoffs. Would Nelson and Baker caused North to win?? We will never know!! But one thing is for sure, if we had Nelson to go with Blair Friday night equals more points on the board!! Cause we ran it down the PC defence's throat with just one guy. With that said go luck Friday at SW, if Harris gets it going it could be a long night for the PC defence.
TouchdownJaguars -1. It's spelled 'defense'. We play DEFENSE. The Maroons play/played dang good DEFENSE against North (an undefeated ranked 5A opponent). They WON the football game, even with PC's star LB/TE phenom on the sideline in crutches, just to name one injury.
2. You did not 'run it down PC's throat' on Friday night enough to WIN THE ACTUAL FOOTBALL GAME.
3. Which means, PC's defensive scheme proved efficient.
TouchdownJaguars Wrote:Forever Maroon if you are really listen to yourself you know your full of it. Hines not looking ahead?? You better hope you don't loose Rilley Hall if your JV guy is next man up!!Your out of your mind and Hines is too if that is really the thruth!! Not saying looking past the next game but it's a guaratee that the PC team, coaches & fans are already thinking playoffs. Would Nelson and Baker caused North to win?? We will never know!! But one thing is for sure, if we had Nelson to go with Blair Friday night equals more points on the board!! Cause we ran it down the PC defence's throat with just one guy. With that said go luck Friday at SW, if Harris gets it going it could be a long night for the PC defence.

What's the old saying, "Better to be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt". PC plays MADISON SOUTHERN, not SOUTHWESTERN(SW) Friday. It's DEFENSE, not DEFENCE, LOSE, not LOOSE. Basic grammar goes a long way, this just makes you look bad. PC does take each game as it comes. Just to let you know, PC's next man up at QB is Aaron Smith, a top 50 player in the state. I know it's fall break, but you may not want to put the books down.
TouchdownJaguears- The problem with run only offense is that sooner or later your are going to make a mistake and turn the ball over. When you get down two score's or more against PC and you have to pass the ball the other team is in trouble. PC pass defense is as good as anyone. PC runs most scores up because the other team tries to pass. Its like going to a gun fight with a bowling ball. I will take the gun fighter any day. Mountain ball has it limitations and that is what PC exploits.
Maroon Junction Boy & Forever Maroon please allow me to apologizes. I didn't realize that my spelling offended anyone so from here on I will be sure to use spell check!! No we did not win the game, yes PC is undefeated, congrats not taking nothing away from the Maroons, your kids are tough, YES the Jags did run the ball on the PC defense!! I hope your star LB/TE Phnom (the word is spelled Phnom and not phenom) on the sideline is on the field Friday night cause you will have to stop the run against Harris. My bad on the Southwestern, I know you play Madison Southern, thanks for pointing that out. Me look bad, that's OK with me "Sticks and Stones Love!" Regardless who your next man up is, even if he's the top player in the state, when you lose your starting QB 2 days before your biggest game of the year thus far, it will effect your entire team. Would it made a difference, as I mentioned earlier we will never know?? I hope that don't happen to PC or Riley Hall! He is a great QB and I look forward to watching him for the next 2 years. It's a long shot for PC and North to meet in the playoffs, but the Jaguars would love to see it with everyone healthy on both teams!!

Kyfun (its spelled Jaguars not Jaguears) I understand that you need to pass the ball, but if memory serves me right the only 2 turnovers in the game were both interceptions, 1 on PC & 1 on North. You go with what you do the best and we run the ball the best. Our coaches did a good job to change their entire game plan in only 2 days. In a gun fight you are right, I want a gun also, but we are talking about football.

It's been fun guys, I wish PC the best this weekend. But would like to see what happens in a 3 way tie at the end. A lot of football to go and Lincoln Co., Southwestern or even South Laurel could mess that all up. Nobody better look past "the next man up!!"
TouchdownJaguars Wrote:Maroon Junction Boy & Forever Maroon please allow me to apologizes. I didn't realize that my spelling offended anyone so from here on I will be sure to use spell check!! No we did not win the game, yes PC is undefeated, congrats not taking nothing away from the Maroons, your kids are tough, YES the Jags did run the ball on the PC defense!! I hope your star LB/TE Phnom (the word is spelled Phnom and not phenom) on the sideline is on the field Friday night cause you will have to stop the run against Harris. My bad on the Southwestern, I know you play Madison Southern, thanks for pointing that out. Me look bad, that's OK with me "Sticks and Stones Love!" Regardless who your next man up is, even if he's the top player in the state, when you lose your starting QB 2 days before your biggest game of the year thus far, it will effect your entire team. Would it made a difference, as I mentioned earlier we will never know?? I hope that don't happen to PC or Riley Hall! He is a great QB and I look forward to watching him for the next 2 years. It's a long shot for PC and North to meet in the playoffs, but the Jaguars would love to see it with everyone healthy on both teams!!

Kyfun (its spelled Jaguars not Jaguears) I understand that you need to pass the ball, but if memory serves me right the only 2 turnovers in the game were both interceptions, 1 on PC & 1 on North. You go with what you do the best and we run the ball the best. Our coaches did a good job to change their entire game plan in only 2 days. In a gun fight you are right, I want a gun also, but we are talking about football.

It's been fun guys, I wish PC the best this weekend. But would like to see what happens in a 3 way tie at the end. A lot of football to go and Lincoln Co., Southwestern or even South Laurel could mess that all up. Nobody better look past "the next man up!!"

No, actually my spelling was correct. It's called/spelled 'Phenom'- (Webster defines Phenom as a person who is very good as doing something.) Maybe short for PHENOMENAL, I dunno.

I win. :rockon:
LOL, I surender:igiveup:
PC did have a fumble on their opening drive at the NL 20 yard line on a botched QB/RB exchange.
TouchdownJaguars Wrote:I hope your star LB/TE Phnom (the word is spelled Phnom and not phenom)

Try that one again.
I think that's part of a city in Vietnam.
^Cambodia. Either way I don't think it's the word he was shooting for.
TouchdownJaguars Wrote:Forever Maroon if you are really listen to yourself you know your full of it. Hines not looking ahead?? You better hope you don't loose Rilley Hall if your JV guy is next man up!!Your out of your mind and Hines is too if that is really the thruth!! Not saying looking past the next game but it's a guaratee that the PC team, coaches & fans are already thinking playoffs. Would Nelson and Baker caused North to win?? We will never know!! But one thing is for sure, if we had Nelson to go with Blair Friday night equals more points on the board!! Cause we ran it down the PC defence's throat with just one guy. With that said go luck Friday at SW, if Harris gets it going it could be a long night for the PC defence.

As good of a run game that NL has-Pulaski actually out gained them on the ground with fewer carries-so I guess Pulaski ran it down their throat too!
No one laid the lumber to NL's #28....you kidding....he is was the tuffest kid on either team! He killed PC on many many plays - even PC's coach acknowledged he was pouring it on his team! Quit making stuff up! Geezzzz