Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest??
I never said it but I was one of the Middlesboro fans that thought they had a shot to make it to bowling green.
1. Simon Kenton (mostly because of UK fan)

2. Johnson Central

I find it very difficult to tell how good teams from the mountains are until they get out of the mountains. This is NOT a knock, it is just an observation. I was sold on the fact that this was JC's year more so than any other year, not because of their record or who they beat the crap out of, rather, because the fans of JC on here were saying it may be their best TEAM ever. I was really looking forward to seeing them when they visited Highlands.

Simon Kenton on the other hand was easy to see through because being from NoKY, it was not to tough to analyze their local competition.
Many times, there are internal reasons why a team did not live up to expectations and, quite often, the reasons are valid. However, as someone already said, it looks like excuses are being made if the real reasons are discussed on a venue such as a message board. The whole point behind message boards is for the fan's enjoyment so lets try not to make disparaging comments about the teams and direct them where they belong: the fans. Practically all the teams that have been called "posers" had great seasons and those players should be proud of their accomplishments. With all that being said, I think the Middlesboro fans might have gotten a little prematurely "jacked" up. Congratulations to the Mboro players. You did have an outstanding year.
Quickkickonthird Wrote:Many times, there are internal reasons why a team did not live up to expectations and, quite often, the reasons are valid. However, as someone already said, it looks like excuses are being made if the real reasons are discussed on a venue such as a message board. The whole point behind message boards is for the fan's enjoyment so lets try not to make disparaging comments about the teams and direct them where they belong: the fans. Practically all the teams that have been called "posers" had great seasons and those players should be proud of their accomplishments. With all that being said, I think the Middlesboro fans might have gotten a little prematurely "jacked" up. Congratulations to the Mboro players. You did have an outstanding year.

I have no problem with that idea and have even stated so. The poser comments are more for the fans than teams.