Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor: Nick Saban to Texas is a done deal
There have long been rumors that connected Alabama Crimson Tide head coach Nick Saban to the Texas Longhorns and on Wednesday another rumor was passed along that said Saban leaving for Austin is a done deal.

Of course, this is strictly a rumor so it should be taken with a grain of salt, but it is an interesting bit of news.

From The Football Braniacs:

Quote:We have word now from two trusted sources that Nick Saban to Texas is a done deal. One of the sources said the money he will get is substantial (obviously) but we haven’t got any word on what that number might be.
UPDATE: for those asking for exact dates on when this is going to happen. We don’t know. We are telling you what we know which is that we have two very good sources that have told us that Nick Saban is going to Texas and one of the sources said that the money is going to be substantial. We would not have run this unless we trusted the sources.

http://fansided.com/2013/12/05/rumor-nic...done-deal/
Why would he leave the SEC? Especially seeing that he has created a team the competes for the National Title almost every year?

If he does, must be for ridiculous amount of money...
I don't trust words, I trust action...
More than likely it will be Saban field at Bryant-Denny Stadium.

What would be better if he left for Auburn.
Here are some more sites that are just as legit (or non-legit) as the one that SoK posted.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football...exas-rumor
http://collegespun.com/big-12/texas-big-...ed-for-now
No one knows...
You can't believe these little blog sites OR Nick Saban to be honest with you.

You just have to wait.

He swore up and down he wasn't taking the Bama job when he was in Miami.
judgementday Wrote:Why would he leave the SEC? Especially seeing that he has created a team the competes for the National Title almost every year?

If he does, must be for ridiculous amount of money...
Money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help the case. Challenge of building Texas back up?
I don't see Mack going anywhere until he decides to retire.
I hope he does leave. I don't like Bama. He basically gets most of the players he wants anyway but he would own Texas.
If it is true no surprise. The guy works his butt off and has brought Alabama back from below the ranks of Florida, Georgia, and Tenn when they were hitting on all cylinders.

A change of scenery on occasion serves everyone well. Good luck to Bama finding a replacement that will put in the time and energy Saban did. The locals will cry foul because they have become spoiled and lost to Auburn the way they did. Saban is no dummy, Kirby Smart is the heir apparent. Texas would be fortunate to have him!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Mack Brown said Im in Florida recruiting, why would I be recruiting if I were going to resign.

lol at these sources.
I don't think there is a better job in the country than Alabama. The only reason I could see him leaving is ego, and all great coaches have giant egos.
It's not like Alabama will not offer saban a near same deal .
I think this is a done deal in terms of posturing and getting more $$$ out of your current employer!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Mack Brown says it again today.
Im not going anywhere lol
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Mack Brown says it again today.
Im not going anywhere lol

He lied.