Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As President of the United States....
As President of the United States, what would you your administrations defining role to be?

As we've seen, Obama has been pulled like stretch Armstrong from his agenda cronies time and time again. His biggest goal was to reform health care, and it has completely and utterly failed in every way possible. Before it is all over, he might go down as a top 5 worst president to ever hold office. He's achieved nearly nothing and only swollen our national debt.

So I ask, what would you want to be remembered for as President of the United States? Global Peace and rest? Economic stability? Healthcare reform? Civil rights legislations? Immigration reform? ETC....

You can only choose one to trump all others. I have mine in mind, but I want to read some other first. Try and think original. A simple "I want to feed people" will not get you elected to the BGR white house. You aren't limited to one term. Which means you could have up to 8 years to improve and "fix" your number one goal. Also, going into detail is key. If you pick civil rights for example, what acts and legislation would you like to see passed, women, minorities, etc?

Ill pick a winner and award them with 5,000,000 imaginary BGR points in the next few days.

(FTR Vundy, taking over the free world is not an option)
Vundy already thinks he's done that!!!
Wink
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:As President of the United States, what would you your administrations defining role to be?

As we've seen, Obama has been pulled like stretch Armstrong from his agenda cronies time and time again. His biggest goal was to reform health care, and it has completely and utterly failed in every way possible. Before it is all over, he might go down as a top 5 worst president to ever hold office. He's achieved nearly nothing and only swollen our national debt.

So I ask, what would you want to be remembered for as President of the United States? Global Peace and rest? Economic stability? Healthcare reform? Civil rights legislations? Immigration reform? ETC....

You can only choose one to trump all others. I have mine in mind, but I want to read some other first. Try and think original. A simple "I want to feed people" will not get you elected to the BGR white house. You aren't limited to one term. Which means you could have up to 8 years to improve and "fix" your number one goal. Also, going into detail is key. If you pick civil rights for example, what acts and legislation would you like to see passed, women, minorities, etc?

Ill pick a winner and award them with 5,000,000 imaginary BGR points in the next few days.

(FTR Vundy, taking over the free world is not an option)

The POTUS must have complete confidence in the collective wisdom of those gone on before. Of which, there exists a more than adequate record to establish clarity to that end. Obviously, the founding fathers knew what they were talking about and should be referenced often, humility therefore would restore greatness to the Oval Office. Only a man who considers himself unworthy to serve' is worthy to serve, and, meet the incredible challenge of leading the free world.

Like tuning a Ferrari, changes to the workings, (in this case the workings of government) should therefore be the rare exception, and not the self assured continual tinkering of the self absorbed. I mean, a hardy darn it all, ain't quite gonna cut it in cases such as the one where 16 million who were paying for their own health coverage, have seen those policies cancelled due to ObamaCare. Proverbs 16:18 (KJV)
18 "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." All presidents then should recognize the authority to govern comes from those he serves. And, the insight to govern comes from He Who said; "I AM the Light of the World."

I would err on the side of caution, respecting the office and fearing that any short sighted change I might make, might adversely affect those who live here in peace and freedom. I would be a president whose yes means yes and whose no means no. We've had enough mealy mouthed ambiguity to suffice for at least a decade. Let alone the defeatist rhetoric that emanates from the very man that speaks for every citizen of this land. I believe, among the many changes we have seen lately, the following would be aptly symbolic; The old flag,--- Confusedalute: The new flag,--- :igiveup: Finally, I would strive to be the president of all, and not just the special interest groups. Laws would therefore be applicable to each man or not applicable to any man.

So, I would most like to be remembered as the president who put country ahead of special interests, and the common good ahead of party. In my mind all the rest of it would fall into place by natural order.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What TRT said plus, abolish the IRS and replace it with something a whole lot like the Fair Tax
Im not sure of the direct quote but its something like "blessed is the peacemaker for he is truly a child of God." If I could leave a legacy, it would be that I worked my entire career to achieve peace throughout the world, hopefully with a good degree of success! However, choosing just ONE thing as a legacy is a chore.
Quickkickonthird Wrote:Im not sure of the direct quote but its something like "blessed is the peacemaker for he is truly a child of God." If I could leave a legacy, it would be that I worked my entire career to achieve peace throughout the world, hopefully with a good degree of success! However, choosing just ONE thing as a legacy is a chore.

The world is inhabited with humans. I respect your idea of working towards world peace. A noble, but unfortunately futile task my friend.
Yup, it sure looks like ObamaCare is going belly up. Of coarse, even if a GOP candidate were to win the white house next term, the dems would have very short memories and insure that the next presidency was also a complete failure. This is modern American Politics.

But, since the GOP is SEVERELY DIVIDED and thier constituency dwindling to to demographics, I can just about guarantee 8 years of Hillary Clinton no matter how badly the GOP sabotages ObamaCare!
Pick6 Wrote:Yup, it sure looks like ObamaCare is going belly up. Of coarse, even if a GOP candidate were to win the white house next term, the dems would have very short memories and insure that the next presidency was also a complete failure. This is modern American Politics.

But, since the GOP is SEVERELY DIVIDED and thier constituency dwindling to to demographics, I can just about guarantee 8 years of Hillary Clinton no matter how badly the GOP sabotages ObamaCare!

Nobody sabotaged anything. The La-La's wouldn't be denied and therefore pushed the ACA through completely on their own, without a single Republican vote, or any other means of input for that matter. Dems made DADT and ObamaCare their main priorities while they yet held both houses, at the front end of the Obama era. After that liberal brain swell, they found themselves swept out of office during the mid-terms of 2010. The truth is, Republicans were explicitly excluded from the closed door proceedings which led up to the grand expose of the Democratically conceived and subsequent implementation of ObamaCare. The last thing the Dems wanted was for Republicans to have any fingerprints on a law they consider as being totally their own. So now they own it, as they should.

Here we are and the Dems have had it their way for the past five years. The bill was passed and we "found out what was in it, away from the fog of controversy." Yes Nancy, it is every bit the nightmare that Republicans said it would be and more. For Dems and their spin doctors it is full blown damage control mode, and they are busy figuring out how to blame the Republicans yet again for their own abysmal failures and short sightedness. Not everybody needs to have reality defined for them by the blamers. And not everybody suffers from short term memory loss. Thanks to the wonders of video tape the rest will be reminded every day until the mid-terms what Democrats said over and over again. The Republicans tried to spare the American public the chaos of ObamaCare and were pilloried for their efforts, having been called stupid and selfish and much worse, from across the aisle.

Slam the GOP all you want (and have), it would be difficult to imagine a string of boners to rival those of the ObamaZone. All Democrat claims have proven to have been grossly in error. ObamaCare didn't wind up costing 900 billion as Obama promised, rather the price tag is constantly being adjusted upward and presently stands at over 2.6 trillion. http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/cost-of...n-in-2010/

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
To be a great leader you have to hear the people first. You can't please everyone but you can please the masses.
panther nation Wrote:To be a great leader you have to hear the people first. You can't please everyone but you can please the masses.

Now don't take this personal panther. You can't please the masses if all they want to do is sit around and make up excuses and sad stories in lieu of honestly looking for work. A very large part of "hearing" the people, is demonstrated in a practical sense, when our Democratic president and the Democratically controlled Senate are willing to work with Republicans. Remember, those Republicans are duly elected to represent the interests of their constituencies and "speak" for them in DC. When Senate Leader Harry Reid, Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and the president practically swear an oath to torpedo, defame and defy every thing that Republicans do, they are disenfranchising all those voters who sent them to the Hill to legislate on their behalf. It's way past time for the American public to wake up and see what's really going on. Harry Reid is the one who refuses to take up legislation coming up out the House as the constitution has clearly set forth as being the legitimate due process of government. Therefore, it is he and the Dems who are doing all the blocking and causing the gridlock. This idea that Pick6 has put forth, suggesting that the GOP is fractured and rudderless is bogus, and a good example of how the DNC attempts to manipulate the minds of the masses through propaganda. Internal debate within the GOP is normal and healthy. Now, the man who wants to join with the lemming rush and keep his head buried in talking points probably should pull the handle with a D on it.

The Senate is set to take up the issue of open ended entitlements as we speak. Reid's home state is awash in the ramifications of bad management so, the only thing he can do now, is keep on giving money away. He has to extend unemployment or face the ire of the voter. His problem is that he needs the help of at least four Republican's to do it. This idea of unending unemployment benefits is unworkable and needs to stop. At some point folks are going to have to go to work at whatever job they can get. Liberals think the federal government should hand out material gifts to the people. That is in direct contradiction to the vision of the founding fathers who said, and wrote, that the function of the federal government is to provide only, equality of opportunity. It admittedly is a tremendous problem. Now that we have created of culture of dependence, we're in over our heads. Do we end it and listen to the moaning or, do we continue to write the checks until we achieve bankruptcy?

Benjamin Franklin--- "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." All this talk about a "fair shot" and "income inequality", and "quality affordable healthcare" are the ravings of the ultra liberal. God intended for man to provide for his own. The liberal would circumvent God's plan and just hand out stuff to everybody with a sad story. It is not immoral to expect men to take the responsibility to provide for their families. Of course, among the many things the liberal has unfortunately managed to redefine in our culture, one of the most unfortunate, is what the structure of the family should be. God said to Adam and Eve, it is one man and one woman and their children. Not so in the liberal mind, who insist it can be any combination imaginable, from a commune to a same sex couple. Therefore nowadays, we have men out fathering dozens of children with any woman they can get into the sack with and if they get pregnant, it's que sera sera, no sweat off my brow. Bring back the shot gun wedding and let's hold these guys responsible for their actions instead of rewarding them with life long entitlements.

The enlightened liberal rather, insists that society shoulder the ramifications of all this bad behavior. How do they enforce that? Through the giveaway programs and laws enacted by the government, of course. Once we started giving stuff away during the Johnson administration, there was no way to draw the line on the nature and amount of handouts. At any rate, now it's Legal to be a slug and subsequently reasonable then, for one to expect cradle to grave entitlements.
Genesis 3:19 (KJV)
"19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return."
1 Timothy 5:7-8 (KJV)
"7 And these things give in charge, that they may be blameless.
8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel."

To be clear, I am in favor of the safety net. But, the net must have a time limit to avoid becoming an infinite catch all. Helping the poor I'm all for. However, man is expected to work for his living. Not lay around and have everything given to him by the state. I guarantee when a man knows he will have to raise his own children by working for his substance, he will figure out how to curtail the number of children he and his wife have.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SKINNYPIG Wrote:The world is inhabited with humans. I respect your idea of working towards world peace. A noble, but unfortunately futile task my friend.

Its a shame but you are 100% correct. Futile is the best word because sadly, as you said, we are dealing with human beings!
I laughed out loud RIUTG, hah.

I would relish this type of opportunity to cut waste everywhere I can find it, in every sector, from public works to law enforcement to military. Brief, I know, but I'll expand when I'm on my PC.

As for taking over the world...not many places worth taking in my opinion, lol.