Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd county tournament: south Floyd 35, Wesley 34
Great game, couldn't be more proud of our boys. Our game plan worked great, just came up one play short. Credit to south Floyd for fighting til the finish when JR Tackett fouled out. One if the best games I've ever witnessed. Good luck to south Floyd and Betsy maybe in the final tomorrow.
I spoke to Tim Hall today from Betsy Layne and he guaranteed me that Betsy Layne would win the 8th and 6th grade tournament with ease. Said they shouldn't even play a tournament and give the trophy to Betsy Layne.
that was the best middle school game that i have watched all year. Wesley had a perfect game plan and executed it to a Tee. Honestly Wesley should have advanced a block call on what looked like from my angle a charge really decided the ball game. ive never seen kids play as hard as wesley did and Coach slone gave it everything that he had. they should hold their heads high and be proud.
Sounds like this was a dandy.
FYI Tim Hall didn't say any of this stuff. I was just ruffling his
feathers some. Hahaha
Tim Hall is a cocky guy and all but he aint that cocky Ringo.
GCK24 Wrote:that was the best middle school game that i have watched all year. Wesley had a perfect game plan and executed it to a Tee. Honestly Wesley should have advanced a block call on what looked like from my angle a charge really decided the ball game. ive never seen kids play as hard as wesley did and Coach slone gave it everything that he had. they should hold their heads high and be proud.

Thank you, whomever you are, for the kind words. The boys gave it all they had and deserved to win. South Floyd just made one more play than we did but we went down swinging. All any coach can ask for.