Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bourbon Co. 4- Nicholas Co. 0
Final in Carlisle.

This puts Bourbon County still undefeated in 10th Region and a point count of
a whopping 131 -7.

Continue to work and not back down and Bourbon may landslide the 10th this year.....finally!!!:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
You can have all the point count you want during the season but it only takes a 1-0 point count in the final game to get beat. hmmmm I think it was a 2-0 that they got beat last year.
Been around...know the history, that's why I wrote the next line. Don't get so upset because we support our team in accomplishments through the year.
lol lol now that's funny.... never said I was upset.. not upset at all...happy you support your team... go Bourbon!!! maybe your luck will change... maybe
If Montgomery scored 6 on them and Campbell scored 4 how are they outscoring the 10th region 131-7? 6+4=10
I would think that an informed person would see that the post referencing that point total was after the Nicholas County game. Since that post two more regional opponents have been played. So you can add 24 more runs scored and 4 runs given up to that total.
Now is 155-11
hmmmmm impressive and they still can't win the region... maybe this is the year... maybe
Outsidein, you my friend should try to get the Bourbon Co job!!!! I'm sure with you softball expertise you could not only win the region, but take the state by a landslide!! I'm sure any team that you would coach would be very dominate! You make me sick! We ran you out of Estll Co for running that big mouth. i wonder where you are now. I would think that your probably coaching major college softball somewhere with your buddy Joe Edwards!!
nope not into coaching myself. I'm all for Bourbon co. Have several friends on Bourbon co. Hope they do well. Just disappointed they have had trouble past couple of years. Kycat don't know where you get your info but I don't think it's correct. Not sure on who your talking about but anyways. I will be in Owensboro this weekend to see how Bourbon faces the western part of the state. Should be interesting.
outsidein Wrote:nope not into coaching myself. I'm all for Bourbon co. Have several friends on Bourbon co. Hope they do well. Just disappointed they have had trouble past couple of years. Kycat don't know where you get your info but I don't think it's correct. Not sure on who your talking about but anyways. I will be in Owensboro this weekend to see how Bourbon faces the western part of the state. Should be interesting.

I too will be there and honestly, I hope for a good showing against the west.
However, thy will get throttled if they make the same silly defensive mistakes they have been making and the poor showing at the plate.

There is only one common denominator the last 2 years in region and it will probabl play factor in this year region tournament as well.
By chance, I will be in Henderson, KY next week for work, so I am heading over to catch some of the games Saturday (and get some BBQ).
Looking at the games schedule I have seen, Bourbon has a 1PM game against Louisville Male followed by Owensboro Catholic. If that isn't a measuring stick, then I don't know what is.
I have seen Male once this season, and if BC faces their #1, Wireman, they'll know how they stack up against one of the top pitchers in the state. She's real deal good.
If I see BC, I'll have an update.
SoftballDad I'm not sure why my previous post were thought to have been bad towards Bourbon. It wasn't meant to be or sound that way. I'm glad you support your school and you should. Check my other post and you will see that. I think I 've told you that before. Everyone should support there teams. I myself don't have one team. I love the game of fastpitch. It's the greatest game being played today. The girls that work really hard to improve there game don't get enough credit. Bourbon is playing a very good schedule this year. It will only help them. Hopefully the rain will help the fields in Owensboro.
lastrebel you are correct Jessica is one of the best in the state and Olivia is not far behind her. It will be a good test. lastrebel have you seen central hardin play this year? Very nice team.
I have not seen CH, but thought they were great last year. I know they didn't lose a whole lot.
I would love to see the CH/Male game tonight!! Especially considering what transpired at State last year. I saw the beginning of that game, prior to the rain delay when Male had the game in hand, I thought.
Do you know if Male/Scott Co. last night got in? That was another rematch from last June.
Yes Male won 5-4 - played 5 innings
MT, make sure you take you pen and paper this weekend and let every coach know what they did wrong thoughout the weekend!! Man you know everything about softball!! I think your buddy Joe taught you most everything you know!! LOL!!!! Sorry tried to reply to Outsidein. This is meant for him!
CH/MAL state game was interesting - trying to go by memory - 6 runs in the 6th inning - bloomer switched pitchers in that inning I believe - Wireman started the inning and than he switched - can't remember who came in.
Thanks KyCat .... I got it.... No problem I figured it was for me.... Still don't know who your talking about but hey you can say what you want....
outsidein Wrote:SoftballDad I'm not sure why my previous post were thought to have been bad towards Bourbon. It wasn't meant to be or sound that way. I'm glad you support your school and you should. Check my other post and you will see that. I think I 've told you that before. Everyone should support there teams. I myself don't have one team. I love the game of fastpitch. It's the greatest game being played today. The girls that work really hard to improve there game don't get enough credit. Bourbon is playing a very good schedule this year. It will only help them. Hopefully the rain will help the fields in Owensboro.
:Thumbs::rockon:

Well, I really don't have a problem with the quoted portion. It came off bad to me because.........not really sure why now, may have been salt in old wound. We haven't forgot the implosion of the team in not only 1 but 2 Regional Title games.
I agree, I honestly tell the girls all year long there is only 11 games that truly matter before heading to state(If they can shake that monkey off their back).They have to figure out what they have to do to win the 11th game.

These games against some of the top dogs in the state are to prepare and LEARN the weaknesses and ccorrect them before Region. Just wish we played them earlier in the year. I quoted on last post, agreeing with you- this weekend is a big challenge and big opportunity to grow. Just hope they show up to play and not roll over just because of the competition.

I love the game of softball as well, I cheer all on, although I root for Bourbon.
informed_spectator Wrote:If Montgomery scored 6 on them and Campbell scored 4 how are they outscoring the 10th region 131-7? 6+4=10

ddky1970 is right informed. This post was right after Nicholas and before Scott and Campbell Co.

Only 3 teams from the region has scored against them - Montgomery(6), Paris (1), and since this post Campbell County (4) which would be the 15 ddky speaks of.

If I was wanting to debate or figure some ones math out, I probably would have asked the question of - So they are man handling the 10th region but what are they dong against non-region opponents?
That would spark more conversation other than you jumping in this and trying to question my math skills when it is apparent you are not as informed as you think you are.

Haven't heard anything from you since Montgomery got handed their lose at home by Bourbon. What's wrong took this long to recover?:flame::flame::flame::popcorn::devilflam
SoftballDad how did Campbell co look? I havn't seen them play but heard good things about them. The field at Scott should be good for region. What did you think of it.
outsidein Wrote:CH/MAL state game was interesting - trying to go by memory - 6 runs in the 6th inning - bloomer switched pitchers in that inning I believe - Wireman started the inning and than he switched - can't remember who came in.

Not sure. I know Male was up 4-0 through 5 innings when the 5 hour rain delay hit, and ran me off. I heard when the team came back all of the momentum was gone, and they were flat.
outsidein Wrote:SoftballDad how did Campbell co look? I havn't seen them play but heard good things about them. The field at Scott should be good for region. What did you think of it.

I thought they looked pretty good. Played tough all the way through, didn't quit and continued to try and get back in it all the way to the end. Defensively, seemed pretty solid - had a few misjudgements in outfield and few errors with throw to first.
It really surprised me because I made the mistake at looking at record and noticed they lost to Mason 12-2. Must have had an everything went wrong game on that one.

The Scott complex is awesome!! Field groomed nice, dirt not to hard or soft.
The only downside to it is the view from bleachers, needed to dig dugouts down another 2 foot. They block 1st and 3rd view from them. Should be a great Regional tournament!!!
Moco took their loss from Bourbon and a lot of other teams. They have never learned how to play through adversity which they are having to do right now. It's all a process. What shape would Bourbon be in if their 1st and 2nd string pitchers went down?
Bourbon is definitely a great team, but we also don't know how much closer it would've turned out if Moco didn't have any injuries. Anything can happen
informed_spectator Wrote:Moco took their loss from Bourbon and a lot of other teams. They have never learned how to play through adversity which they are having to do right now. It's all a process. What shape would Bourbon be in if their 1st and 2nd string pitchers went down?

All I said was you had alot to say before the first game and after you were a ghost the board. Where would Bourbon be without 1 and 2, playing behind decent 3,4,5. We have to use a combination of all 3 but it would get done.

Our starter for that night struggled as well if you remember correctly, the first 2 innings took an hour and a half.
informed_spectator Wrote:Bourbon is definitely a great team, but we also don't know how much closer it would've turned out if Moco didn't have any injuries. Anything can happen

IF means I Failed. I wouldn't call Bourbon great....they have a lot to work on and the season is almost over.I would say Bourbon is good with potential to do great things but I really don't think they hit full stride in this short of time.