Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFC North Draft Thoughts
Baltimore...

1st Round- C.J. Mosley - ILB - Alabama
2nd Round- Timmy Jernigan - DT - Florida State
3rd Round- Terrence Brooks - S - Florida State, Crockett Gilmore - TE - Colo St
4th Round- Brent Urban - DT - Virginia, Lorenzo Taliaferro - RB- Coastal Carolina
5th Round- John Urschel - OG - Penn State
6th Round- Keith Wenning - QB - Ball State
7th Round- Michael Campanaro - WR - Wake Forest

Cincinnati...

1st Round- Darqueze Dennard - CB - Michigan State
2nd Round- Jeremy Hill - RB - LSU
3rd Round- William Clarke - DE - West Va.
4th Round- Russell Bodine - OC - North Carolina
5th Round- AJ McCarron - QB - Alabama
6th Round- Marquis Flowers - OLB - Arizona
7th Round- James Wright - WR - LSU
7th Round- Lavelle Westbrooks - CB - Georgia Southern

Cleveland...

1st Round- Justin Gilbert - CB - Oklahoma State, Johnny Manziel - QB - Texas A&M
2nd Round- Joel Bitonio - OT - Nevada
3rd Round- Chris Kirksey - OLB - Iowa
3rd Round- Terrence West - RB - Towson
4th Round- Pierre Desir- CB - Lindenwood

Pittsburgh

1st Round- Ryan Shazier - OLB - Ohio State
2nd Round- Stephon Tuitt - DE - Notre Dame
3rd Round- Dri Archer - RB - Kent State
4th Round- Martavis Bryant - WR - Clemson
5th Round- Shaquille Richardson - CB - Arizona
5th Round- Wesley Johnson - OC - Vanderbilt
6th Round- Jordan Zumwalt - OLB - UCLA
6th Round- Dan McCullers - DT - Tennessee
7th Round- Rob Blanchflower - TE - UMASS
I was hoping that the Steelers would draft a cornerback or O-lineman in the first round. From I have heard Shazier has Troy P. versatility but from the OLB position. I hope people are right.
It appears that the Ravens did a lot to strengthen the defensive side of the ball which was greatly needed for them with all the personnel losses before last year.
Cleveland and Cincinnati doesn't really matter who they draft. They will find a way to mess things up during the season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^
Agreed.
Gut, how do feel about the draft?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I like what Cleveland tried to do, but the fact that they will open the season with no WR's on their roster will help assure that their losing ways continue!

Cincinnati may have drafted the only sure starter, which means it looks like all three teams picked up depth and potential starters if key players get hurt and can't return from already being banged up.

The biggest shocker to me from the Division is that only one safety was taken when every team either needed a starter or a sure fire nickel guy that could play this year!
Jarons Wrote:Gut, how do feel about the draft?

In talking about the AFC North, I don't see how these teams could have don't that much better. As for my Ravens..
I think Baltimore filled there needs. There old defense needed repair. Weve all watched Mosley dominate SEC running backs over the years and I think he will fit in nicely. The two Florida State picks were simply role pick. The Jernigan kid failed a pot test not long ago, so im weary on that one, but both will be there as reserves on defense next season IMO. Brent Urban is pretty good if you've seen tape of him. Very strong, and IMO, better than Jernigan. I couldn't tell you anything about the Lorenzo kid, because quite frankly ive never heard of him before the draft. I have a feeling the Urschel kid will be at Baltimore for a long time. He actually TAUGHT advanced math classes at Penn State while playing there and he has already received his masters. You have to be start playing on the O Line, and I think he may turn out to be the jewel of the draft for us. I couldn't tell you much about the other two either.
I think Bengals win the division next year but I think Steelers won this draft...

IMO, AFC North standing for 2014 will be...
1) Bengals
2) Steelers
3) Ravens
4) Browns
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:I was hoping that the Steelers would draft a cornerback or O-lineman in the first round. From I have heard Shazier has Troy P. versatility but from the OLB position. I hope people are right.
It appears that the Ravens did a lot to strengthen the defensive side of the ball which was greatly needed for them with all the personnel losses before last year.
Cleveland and Cincinnati doesn't really matter who they draft. They will find a way to mess things up during the season.

Confusednicker:

Sad and true...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi