Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shot clock in high school basketball?
Yes, Without doubt.. A 35 second shot clock would be nice. I dont understand why undertalented teams just dont hold the ball the whole game.. It use to work back in the day when teams would beat each other 4-2.
YES...... if college has it high school should too.
that hilarous QQ 4-2 there was a game not to long ago up in i think it was Maine and the score was like 8-6 or summthin to that effect. These 2 teams were 2 of the best in the state also if my mind serves me correct.

PB yeah seems like wed like to c the same thing. Mayb if the KHSAA got on here sometimes they could get some good ideas. ;-)
Yeah there should def. be a shot clock! East Ridge took full advantage of not having one when they played Central in the 15th Region championship last year. Cant blame them tho.
that also had to do with a bad coaching decison by david rowe but any ways back to the topic
true
lol very true
Well i did mention that earlier in this thread regionfan
well if the KHSAA would focus on things such as this more often you would c stronger play in college ball out of KY players if u ask me i would love to this change and i hope it is made SOON.
I think the odds of high school getting a shot clock is very small right now. Not because of the fact they dont want to, it would be unfair to weaker teams. But, it would also make them better in long run though. The goods teams would dominate all if it happened.
i see the need for a shot clock, however, i dont think that high school is ready for a 35 second shot clock. Maybe more like 40 or 45. Imagine teams like Jenkins trying to get a shot off in 35 seconds...they can barely get the ball down the floor, let alone get a shot off...

i think it would make teams much much better....and for players heading to play college ball, it would prepare them for the quickness in a college game
either way the weaker teams arent fairing well and it could help weaker teams if they run a fast passed game IMO
im not so sure of that..u may be right, we will probably not know for years lol it just seems to me it would do nothing more than force some quick shots and just hurt most often

but like said early, in the 2004 15th region championship, it would have been a good addition...but like also said earlier, david rowe made a bad coaching decison that may have cost him a trip to Rupp
"TheEssentialElement" Wrote:i see the need for a shot clock, however, i dont think that high school is ready for a 35 second shot clock. Maybe more like 40 or 45. Imagine teams like Jenkins trying to get a shot off in 35 seconds...they can barely get the ball down the floor, let alone get a shot off...

i think it would make teams much much better....and for players heading to play college ball, it would prepare them for the quickness in a college game

Actually Jenkins is the best team in their district probably but ....not the point. It would could be problem for teams like Jenkins to get a shot off in time but with a good offense play set. Any team should be able to get a shot off.
well i didnt kno anything about jenkins and their district or whatnot...i was just trying to think of a bad team to make the point go across...thanks for making me look stupid...just kidding..lol..u dont have to help me look stupid, it pretty much comes natural
well point blank i think this needs to b an adition until we see this all the game is going to b is slow and I want it to b quicker and if it hurts the bad teams then that just means their going to need to get better same as if it hurts a good team. Basketball is about transition this could also help teams play harder defence ;-)
I agree bamma. I think the 35 sec. clock should be plenty enough time.. These boys don't want to hustle anyway half the time, and if they are being timed to shoot, then maybe it would motivate them to do something, and it could possibly help produce more college players from this area. Plus you could see who would really be a clutch player, to see if they can do well while being timed, other than the end of the game. 35 secs is enough time to slow things down, but quick enough so that you do have to make an effort.

As for the weaker teams, I think it could make them better, if they didn't get too excited. I mean it would force the better team to take a shot instead of passing around until someone got wide open, taking a bunch of time off the clock.

All in all I think it is a good idea.
th eonly thing i disagree with ur post CTD is i think it should b 45 instead of 35 b/c 35 is college i think we need a lil bit of a leeway
"4leaf" Wrote:No there shouldn't be a shot clock ever in HS basketball.
And about the regional game last year. If anyone ever watched SportsOvertime that night you could see that there was time left on the clock when the ball left Robbie's hands. The freeze framed it with both the player and shot clock in view.
you can tell your from east ridge