Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Bowl 2015?
Who is in?

How many nights?

Dates?
I know Belfry vs. Tates Creek

Don't know what else is scheduled.
Sounds like at least one "classic" sounding match up. How good is Tates Creek? Haven't heard much of them lately.
God of Thunder Wrote:Sounds like at least one "classic" sounding match up. How good is Tates Creek? Haven't heard much of them lately.

Should be solid but not great.

Tates Creek has been hurt by LCA and LexCath over the years and the re-drawing of district lines.

Middle of the pack type of 6A team... which is still better than most programs in the State.
Pikeville vs. Letcher Central
Phelps v East Ridge
Pike Central v Shelby Valley
God of Thunder Wrote:Sounds like at least one "classic" sounding match up. How good is Tates Creek? Haven't heard much of them lately.

TC is terrible, slow and unathletic. Belfry should blow them away early.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Pikeville vs. Letcher Central

Can't wait to watch this game! LCC lost a lot but have a good group coming up and will be exciting to watch again this year.
Y doess pc get a pike county team this year???
Hawk101 Wrote:Y doess pc get a pike county team this year???

PCB is going back to the older format, Pikeville & Belfry get the out-of-town teams & the rest of Pike County plays each other.
That sucks ,i figured we would get another out of towner
Costs too much money for the lesser schools.
True there,board dont care much about the rest look phelps they practice in some guys yard.
I'm perfectly fine playing Shelby Valley, they have improved significantly since the last time we played them.

Should be a good test for both of us.
Hawk101 Wrote:Y doess pc get a pike county team this year???

Truth be told Shelby Valley should be the one getting an out of area team after their season.

I think SV will be a very solid season opening test for PC next year and this will be one of the most anticipated matchups between each of those schools in quite some time.
Mr. Pike Central Wrote:I'm perfectly fine playing Shelby Valley, they have improved significantly since the last time we played them.

Should be a good test for both of us.

EKUAlum05 Wrote:Truth be told Shelby Valley should be the one getting an out of area team after their season.

I think SV will be a very solid season opening test for PC next year and this will be one of the most anticipated matchups between each of those schools in quite some time.

I expect a great matchup between these two. Before the 2013 season, they played almost every year going back to 1998 (as far as KHSAA lists stats).

This has been a fairly even series. My count has Pike Central with a 8-6 edge through 14 games. PC won 4 out of 5 from '98 to '02, then SV took 5 out of 6 from '03 to '09, then PC won 3 in a row from '10 to '12.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Im not dissing sv at haul tht had a great season this past year have landed a good coach,i just didnt know y they ha. Changed it around again,my honest opioion i think sv and pc should be some kind of rival match up.cause look at the recond when they play each other.somthing i do think is that pikeville and belfry should play in the pcb with all teams in pike county playing each other that would grow alot more money for all schools.
Hawk101 Wrote:Im not dissing sv at haul tht had a great season this past year have landed a good coach,i just didnt know y they ha. Changed it around again,my honest opioion i think sv and pc should be some kind of rival match up.cause look at the recond when they play each other.somthing i do think is that pikeville and belfry should play in the pcb with all teams in pike county playing each other that would grow alot more money for all schools.

I feel ya. I always liked getting to play the outside team too. I always liked being able to root for all the Pike County teams to beat their "outsider" opponents.

But it is what it is. If it makes more money for the schools this way, then that's the way it will be.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wanted to go this season but the two local match ups will lead me to look for other games to attend.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Wanted to go this season but the two local match ups will lead me to look for other games to attend.

I'm not sure which local game will be played where. I'm going to assume that Valley-Central would be at Pikeville, with ER-Phelps at Belfry.

But while the ER-Phelps matchup looks iffy, I think you're not giving the Valley-Central game enough credit. SV just finished up the best season in school history by winning their 2A region, and they return almost all their main players. PC has been a strong contender in their 3A region for several years now.

I fully expect a great game between those two, and whichever game site gets this matchup as the opener will likely get to see two great games.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I'm not sure which local game will be played where. I'm going to assume that Valley-Central would be at Pikeville, with ER-Phelps at Belfry.

But while the ER-Phelps matchup looks iffy, I think you're not giving the Valley-Central game enough credit. SV just finished up the best season in school history by winning their 2A region, and they return almost all their main players. PC has been a strong contender in their 3A region for several years now.

I fully expect a great game between those two, and whichever game site gets this matchup as the opener will likely get to see two great games.

:Thumbs:
I believe Belfry should have no problem with Tates Creek, and East Ridge should blowout Phelps. Saturday is the topping on the sunday...I'd give Shelby Valley the edge over Pike Central, and I'm going with Letcher over Pikeville. It should be a good 2 nights of football here in Pike County.
The K.H.S.A.A. site has three games being played on Friday and only one on Sat.

Is this really happening?
No.
pikeville vs let her central I heard..