Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player of the year in class A district 8?
The winner was announced last Thursday or Friday and it was sophomore runningback.....Daniel Harmon!
Congratulations DH on the award! You deffinatley deserved it!
Hmm, for some reason I was thinking that the P.O.Y only went to seniors, learn somethin everyday.

Congrats to Harmon, he is a hell of a RB.
Yes he is! Simply stunning for a sophmore to have talent like that
Good job DH. Heck of a job this year, best of luck for the future.
Very well deserved it! GREAT PLAYER! Only going to get better too!
Copley is gonna wonders with this kids strength. Under Copely's workout program this kid is gonna get much faster and stronger before next season, him and everyone sles on the Panther squad.
Redneck Wrote:Copley is gonna wonders with this kids strength. Under Copely's workout program this kid is gonna get much faster and stronger before next season, him and everyone sles on the Panther squad.

This is very true! Copley and Jackson works wonders with their players in the offseason!
Who won this award last year?
good job man no you are awsome when i wasn't playing you i was watching and you are a heck of a back----congrats man

oh yea, good luck next year.:Clap:
Congrats this kid is something else!
Congrats Harmon
Redneck Wrote:Who won this award last year?

Not sure, I think it may have been someone from Pikeville as well, correct me if im wrong though
Panther#42 Wrote:Not sure, I think it may have been someone from Pikeville as well, correct me if im wrong though

Nothing against any of the boys, but surely Daniel Pugh won this award with the numbers he put up last year. IDK though, you may be right, maybe Weston or someone did win it. Or was it the other Olinger kid.
Redneck Wrote:Nothing against any of the boys, but surely Daniel Pugh won this award with the numbers he put up last year. IDK though, you may be right, maybe Weston or someone did win it. Or was it the other Olinger kid.

Olinger last year for Hazard and Shurtleff 2 years ago for Pikeville
And before that it was who: Steve Sizemore, Paul Sullivan, Chas Harmon. Let's see how far we can go back.
Panther#42 Wrote:Yes he is! Simply stunning for a sophmore to have talent like that

I give the kid some credit he is good player. But I keep hearign this stuff about the kid being a soph. I mean He aint your normal 10th graders. 17 years old. Come on now i was 17 when I graduated. And i knwo I'm gonna hear alot of the yur just jealous he didn't stay at valley. Do I wish he woulda stayed? You betcha. Is he a great player? You betcha. Is he your normal sophmore? no.
No suprise....Congrats!
Redneck Wrote:And before that it was who: Steve Sizemore, Paul Sullivan, Chas Harmon. Let's see how far we can go back.

Hall and Rogers were Co-Players of the year in '01
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:I give the kid some credit he is good player. But I keep hearign this stuff about the kid being a soph. I mean He aint your normal 10th graders. 17 years old. Come on now i was 17 when I graduated. And i knwo I'm gonna hear alot of the yur just jealous he didn't stay at valley. Do I wish he woulda stayed? You betcha. Is he a great player? You betcha. Is he your normal sophmore? no.
This isn't a thread for you to talk about someones age. If you knew how to read or had 2 or3 brain cells in your head you would know that this is a thrad to congratulate an acheivement of a single person. Take your jealous comments to another thread. It doesn't matter how old he is anyway, he will be able to play all 4 years of high school so everyone needs to get over it. Good job DH, we are all proud of you.
He is a player..I know that, and this is what this thread is about! WELL DESERVED!
Well deserved. Needs to keep getting better.
Daniel is a great player, and I cannot wait to see him in the next 2 years. But, I think this has a downside. He is a small back, and Pikeville is depending a lot on him. I just hope he doesn't blow out a knee or anything with all the carries he will be seeing. My point is he just needs to get a little bigger.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Daniel is a great player, and I cannot wait to see him in the next 2 years. But, I think this has a downside. He is a small back, and Pikeville is depending a lot on him. I just hope he doesn't blow out a knee or anything with all the carries he will be seeing. My point is he just needs to get a little bigger.

DH will get alot of carries, but don't forget the Honaker twins, I think the running game is well devided between those three guys. They're all play makers and get positive yards just about everytime they get the ball...
But, all in all I think DH will gain what he needs to be able to perform at his best without risk of injury!
TRAIN85 Wrote:This isn't a thread for you to talk about someones age. If you knew how to read or had 2 or3 brain cells in your head you would know that this is a thrad to congratulate an acheivement of a single person. Take your jealous comments to another thread. It doesn't matter how old he is anyway, he will be able to play all 4 years of high school so everyone needs to get over it. Good job DH, we are all proud of you.

But then agian I question on why we always get throwed up to us that Virgie is nothing but hold backs? Pikeville is loving it right now. I gave the boy props did you not take your 2 or 3 brain cells to read my post? I gave him props said he was one heck of a player. All I said was he was not your normal sophmore.
Belfry owns all lol j/p
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:But then agian I question on why we always get throwed up to us that Virgie is nothing but hold backs? Pikeville is loving it right now. I gave the boy props did you not take your 2 or 3 brain cells to read my post? I gave him props said he was one heck of a player. All I said was he was not your normal sophmore.
So you come back with the same thing I said to you. Good one! Your lame comments belomg on a different thread. This is about an achievement of an individual and his team, not about your jealous rants.
Good year DH I know you will only get better.
congrats dh great year