Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg Police Officer shot
http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Floyd...85331.html

PRESTONSBURG, Ky. (WKYT) - A suspect and a police officer are in the hospital after a Tuesday night shooting in Floyd County.

Kentucky State Police say Prestonsburg City Police tried to pull over Robert Powers who led them on a chase that ended on Abbott Creek.

Powers, 28, of Auxier, then took off running toward a house. KSP said an officer confronted Powers, who was being defiant. The officer shocked Powers with his Taser, but it was not effective. At that point, Powers shot Prestonsburg Officer Adam Dixon, state police said. Officers returned fire, and Powers barricaded himself inside a home. Police eventually entered the home and found Powers.

Powers was taken to Highlands Regional Medical Center where he is being treated for gunshot wounds that KSP said are non-life threatening. Powers is charged with attempted murder of a police officer.

Officer Dixon was flown to Saint Mary's Hospital in Huntington, West Virginia. His condition has not been released, but KSP said he was stable.

Troopers from Post 9, along with KSP's Special Response Team, were on scene Wednesday morning.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Prayers for Officer Adam Dixon and his family.

I'm sure more details will come out in the following days, but this has hit home folks.

In the past few weeks.... we've had one dead KSP trooper and one shot City officer in Prestonsburg.... the war on cops has hit our Commonwealth.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Prayers for Officer Dixon and his family, and Powers.
Prayers to you Adam. Praying for a full and speedy recovery.