Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This made me sad
Story Highlights

• Mothers say police ignored missing person reports for years
• Two charged in killings, 17 skeletal remains found so far
• Investigations launched into accusations of police negligence
• 3 senior police officers suspended, 6 others fired

NEW DELHI, India (CNN) -- Sonia Bibi was devastated when she learned that her missing 9-year-old son was among 17 skeletal remains found in buried bags around a home in Noida, in suburban New Delhi -- a finding that shocked residents and raised heated accusations of police negligence.

Bibi said when she first told police two years ago that her son, Raja, was missing, they told her she "shouldn't have had so many children."

"Is your son in my pocket? I don't know where your son is," she quoted police as saying.

Bibi is like dozens of people in the slum village of Nithari who have claimed their children or spouses disappeared, but received little or no help from police.

Residents say as many as 38 people, many of them children, are missing and many are now believed to be dead -- murdered and preyed upon by a serial killer or killers.

Of the 17 remains found so far, initial autopsy reports from the Noida government hospital indicate the victims were killed as recently as three months ago and as far back as three years ago. The house where the remains were found is in an affluent area adjacent to Nithari.

Here's the rest of the story:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/01...index.html
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]