Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lots of Snow Coming.......
Anybody see this huge storm that's coming supposedly? Apparently many counties in KY are going to get 15+ inches of snow over the weekend. Even in WV places are going to get hit pretty hard. Saw where the areas around Charleston, WV are apparently going to get around 24 inches.
WV will get hit pretty good. Bust for Kentucky.
Here in Lexington, we are supposed to get 1-2 tomorrow. Now, for Friday, they have no idea yet because it is so far away. The European models has Lexington at 10+ inches, but those things aren't always accurate. With the largest storm (Friday) just now coming onto the west coast, there's a lot that can happen. It could break up over the rockies, it also could take a northern or southern trek across the US. It will be interesting to see where it goes. Personally, I hope its a bust!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:Here in Lexington, we are supposed to get 1-2 tomorrow. Now, for Friday, they have no idea yet because it is so far away. The European models has Lexington at 10+ inches, but those things aren't always accurate. With the largest storm (Friday) just now coming onto the west coast, there's a lot that can happen. It could break up over the rockies, it also could take a northern or southern trek across the US. It will be interesting to see where it goes. Personally, I hope its a bust!

Bring it WHITE DEATH...let it fly all through the commonwealth!!! Confusedinglepar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I know one thing... If Lexington doesn't treat the roads any better than the did this morning with 1/2" of snow, I'm not going anywhere Friday!
They did the same thing around here hurricane. It's like they didn't even touch the roads and we woke up to slick roads.
We are expecting a blizard Friday night and a total storm accumulation of 18 to 24 inches in northern Virginia. We are getting "little or no accumulation" right now. The road was already getting slippery by 6:30 and I had trouble pulling out from a ramp off the beltway on my way home tonight.
We got around 6" today, and was predicted 1 to 3. Looks like we are in the 8 to 14" for the weekend. It doesn't bother me any in the least, as long as we don't have the icing.
We've gotten quite a bit down here at the Morehead State campus and they are calling for an absolute monster of a storm Thursday night, Friday morning.
We got about 2 inches or so here in Estill county. We're in the 8-14" range tomorrow night into Friday morning.
Got 1-3" in NKY today....expecting 0-8" this next go around!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Most of the Commonwealth is under either a Winter Storm Advisory or Winter Storm Warning.

The central corridor of the state appears to be most under the gun with snow totals all over between 6-22" contingent on precip forms. Which unfortunately may very from snow-sleet-freezing rain-rain.

Temps are going to influence everything. NKY is expected to get 4-8" with higher amounts further south. EKY may get btwn 3-22" based on temps and location.

Here's the latest warning for the Jackson, KY region:

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.ph...qCzEJorIdU

Be prepared for power outages folks so get needed medicines, fuel, firewood, food, etc if you have to "hunker down" for a few days. Be safe and take care!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
WKY is in the warning area and snow is to begin later tonight and last all day Friday....expect between 4-8"!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
let it snow let it snow......
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
I think Whitley and Bell County are the only two counties who are in that low range in the state.
We started out with ice this morning. Snowing pretty good now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Our current forecast is for blizzard conditions and 27 inches of snow. The snow is supposed to arrive in the next couple of hours. If the forecast is right, this will be the biggest snow storm in the recorded history of Washington, DC.
We have 15 inches in my neighborhood at crooked creek golf course. An still snowing at 3.57 pm. :Sad04: :Cheerlead
Ended up with .25-5" based on where you were located in NKY. More south you were, the more you got.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
How are the rest of you doing? The radar returns were crazy in the central part of the state during this storm. SEKY and EKY probably will end up winning the snow total contest whether good, bad, or indifferent.

I hope all were able to maintain power, escape injury, and damage to vehicles/property!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
We got at least a foot in corbin, and prolly more.

I despise winter. 5 different times the power went out.
We got a foot, too. Then on Sunday morning, the temperature plunged to about 3 degrees. Later that day....up to 45!

I don't mind the snow. Thankful for keeping our power and my fireplace!
Smile