Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hart Co. Head Coaching Search
Coach Boone has stepped down after doing a fine job as head coach of Hart Co.

What characteristics is Hart Co, looking for in their next head coach? What is the current state of their program? What does the next head coach need to do to build a consistently solid program?

Best wishes in your search Raiders!
They had a good season for them last year, but that came at the price of quite a number of seniors on the roster.

Whomever steps into that has a major rebuilding job on their hands. But, their district (Adair, Edmonson, Elizabethtown, Larue) has plenty of room for someone to make the playoffs very consistently. Boone did a very good job, especially with what he had. I'm not sure what all they return, but I have heard a lot of good things about some of their returning OL and DL players, so there is a decent chance that the cupboard isn't completely bare.
Coach Boone was a class act. He will be missed. They will need to make a quick hire to get things rolling. Its very late in the year for a coaching change. Will be interesting to see who applies.
million_dollar_man Wrote:Coach Boone was a class act. He will be missed. They will need to make a quick hire to get things rolling. Its very late in the year for a coaching change. Will be interesting to see who applies.

From what I understand Coach Boone had to wait because of an administrative position he put in for. He is a principal now I think.

I don't know if he would put in but Lucas Ford OC at Somerset used to be head coach at Caverna in 2014. He did a great job and loved the area. Caverna could not get him a teaching job is why he left. He loved it out there. The players and parents absolutely loved him.

If I was Hart I would contact him don't know he would do it this late in the game, he is very loyal to the player's and head coach where he is OC at.

He is a great teacher and coach...he is the only Caverna coach to beat a Coach Boone led Hart team. It would be a great fit.
Hart returns 3-4 starters. Two OL/DL, a WR who will be their QB (younger Shoulders) and a FB/LB.

Decimated by graduation isn't the word. They go to a Ballard Memorial team that returns practically everything, and the same for Union County; two long trips to far WKY with youth/inexperienced vs two teams that are anything, but those.

Adair returns most all of their playmakers. E-gown will be too much. Edmonson County was lead this year by a very strong- deep sophomore class (20+). LaRue has to be better; their Senior and Junior bunches have literally been starting for three and four years, respectively.

Metcalfe took a little hit by graduation, as did Caverna and Todd Co. Russell County, like LaRue, has played a lot of youth the last couple years and has everybody back. Three of those four games are the shots at W's IMO.

The 17/18 schedule consists of the same district. E-town will be better in 17 than 16. Edmonson will have that Senior class in 17. Adair will fall off a bit, and I'd feel comfortable saying that game will be a toss up. LaRue's best year since 2012 and likely a few years after, will be in 2017.

Their non-district will have Allen County-Scottsville/Campbellsville (alternate in bowl games), Bethlehem, Green County, Russell County, Metcalfe and Caverna in 17-18.

Snakes, you can chime in here, but the biggest question I'd have is "Has Hart reached their potential over the last few years with Boone?" Saying "Yes" to that I don't think is out of the question. They've won 22 game I believe it is over the last 4-5 seasons, for roughly a 5 win average...that's a huge accomplishment there to say the least.

A couple hardships the program faces is:

1) No middle school. Hart County has five K-8 schools spread out through the county. However, kids that play MS football are bussed to the HS in the afternoons.

2) On the topic of K-8 schools; those community schools are extremely spread out. Outside of Munfordville Elementary, three of the other four are good 15-25 minute drives and that's just the schools themselves. Twenty something miles of I-65 run through Hart County if that gives you an idea of how big, in terms of area, that the county is.

The biggest advice for anybody interested in this job is this from where I see it...if you are going there, dig your feet in and get comfortable (which isn't a bad thing). Resumes look good when you go into a place and do things that haven't been done for a while. They've had two, six win seasons in the last few years. Now, you go in and year 3, 4, 5 somewhere in there and snag 6 and their first playoff win or schedule right to snag 7, 8 in a season....then now you're talking.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Hart returns 3-4 starters. Two OL/DL, a WR who will be their QB (younger Shoulders) and a FB/LB.

Decimated by graduation isn't the word. They go to a Ballard Memorial team that returns practically everything, and the same for Union County; two long trips to far WKY with youth/inexperienced vs two teams that are anything, but those.

Adair returns most all of their playmakers. E-gown will be too much. Edmonson County was lead this year by a very strong- deep sophomore class (20+). LaRue has to be better; their Senior and Junior bunches have literally been starting for three and four years, respectively.

Metcalfe took a little hit by graduation, as did Caverna and Todd Co. Russell County, like LaRue, has played a lot of youth the last couple years and has everybody back. Three of those four games are the shots at W's IMO.

The 17/18 schedule consists of the same district. E-town will be better in 17 than 16. Edmonson will have that Senior class in 17. Adair will fall off a bit, and I'd feel comfortable saying that game will be a toss up. LaRue's best year since 2012 and likely a few years after, will be in 2017.

Their non-district will have Allen County-Scottsville/Campbellsville (alternate in bowl games), Bethlehem, Green County, Russell County, Metcalfe and Caverna in 17-18.

Snakes, you can chime in here, but the biggest question I'd have is "Has Hart reached their potential over the last few years with Boone?" Saying "Yes" to that I don't think is out of the question. They've won 22 game I believe it is over the last 4-5 seasons, for roughly a 5 win average...that's a huge accomplishment there to say the least.

A couple hardships the program faces is:

1) No middle school. Hart County has five K-8 schools spread out through the county. However, kids that play MS football are bussed to the HS in the afternoons.

2) On the topic of K-8 schools; those community schools are extremely spread out. Outside of Munfordville Elementary, three of the other four are good 15-25 minute drives and that's just the schools themselves. Twenty something miles of I-65 run through Hart County if that gives you an idea of how big, in terms of area, that the county is.

The biggest advice for anybody interested in this job is this from where I see it...if you are going there, dig your feet in and get comfortable (which isn't a bad thing). Resumes look good when you go into a place and do things that haven't been done for a while. They've had two, six win seasons in the last few years. Now, you go in and year 3, 4, 5 somewhere in there and snag 6 and their first playoff win or schedule right to snag 7, 8 in a season....then now you're talking.

Thanks for the in depth information. Nice work duck!
Any updates on this job? When does Hart Co. plan on announcing the new coach? I am sure Raider nation is getting anxious.