• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Cabell Midland scrimmage
Let's do this...
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Cabell midland with a DEEP passing TD on their first series. No Xp try
Geordon Blanton opens up at QB for JC....
First observation for JC's D....

Much faster and we look Much BIGGER than last season.

That deep TD pass was covered well, the CM kid made a great catch.
JC's D causes a CM fumble.... JC recovers
JC's D-Line and LB's are MONSTERS.

Secondary is playing good as well.... but CM has some nice looking wide outs.
CM is trying to get their running game going... but JC's front 7 is having none of it
#2 for CM is a player.....

Int. return for a TD.
Wow.....
A ref just ejected a JC coach.

TERRIBLE. TERRIBLE. TERRIBLE.
Our front 7 is getting great pressure on the QB on his drop backs. Making the DB's much better in coverage.

Looks like a few adjustments were made
This Cabell team isn't the team of last year but JC will be fine in regular game they couldn't do much with JC
Joe Jackson with a long TD run....
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:This Cabell team isn't the team of last year but JC will be fine in regular game they couldn't do much with JC

We're you at?
Our offense is going to be explosive!

We have some big time play makers and a massive O-Line..... just gotta fine-tune some of the rough spots.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:We're you at?

We just left but a real game with a three and out JC would win hands down I was standing at the fence on JC side
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Wow.....
A ref just ejected a JC coach.

TERRIBLE. TERRIBLE. TERRIBLE.

No you moron it was a statistician that was told to get off the sidelines. The way the scrimmage scoring went CM won 10-7.
As I figured. I would get on here and see just how good JC is and how mediocre Cabell Midland is. How JC would win in a regular game and how CM can't play on the same level as JC. Laughable. Surely you guys were at the same game that I was at. Midland scored twice in the 10 plays offense and 10 plays defense. JC scored once during same time frame. When the clock was running and playing in a game scenario Midland scored 10 points to JC 0. Again how was it 10-7? If you are keeping score for the entirety of the scrimmage it was 24-7 Midland.
My phone died, just now getting home.

The actual game setting scrimmage was good. CM held JC & JC held CM. CM kicked a field goal to go up 3-0 with just tenths of a second left on the clock.

CM looked sharp on Off. & Def., it's a shame we don't play a regular season game. I would love to see CM replace Harlan County on our schedule.

There's no way to know who would win in a regular game.
wvhills Wrote:As I figured. I would get on here and see just how good JC is and how mediocre Cabell Midland is. How JC would win in a regular game and how CM can't play on the same level as JC. Laughable. Surely you guys were at the same game that I was at. Midland scored twice in the 10 plays offense and 10 plays defense. JC scored once during same time frame. When the clock was running and playing in a game scenario Midland scored 10 points to JC 0. Again how was it 10-7? If you are keeping score for the entirety of the scrimmage it was 24-7 Midland.

CM will more than likely be back in the 'Super 6' again this year. They are a solid team on both sides of the ball. The CM passing game is a great measuring stick for where our D is. If we want to bring back the 4A state title, this is one of the areas we have got to improve on. The players and talent is there in JC's secondary, but tonight will pay dividends later in the season.
The CM vs. Belfry game will be a clash of the Titans.

I would 10,000 to 1 rather scrimmage or play a team like CM over a cupcake. JC will have five weeks of hard competition to open the season, two scrimmages & three games. That is not by chance. There is another very important five week stretch at the end of the year.

TBH, our district games are the easiest part of our schedule.

But let's be honest...... no way anybody can tell me that JC or CM showed anything more than very basic Off. & Def. sets. Both sides got more than enough to work on in practice before their seasons start.
I forgot to mention that CM did score a TD in the 2nd qtr. of the actual game setting scrimmage. I'm not familiar enough with CM's team to say if it was CM's varsity or JV/Frosh but the TD was scored on JC's JV/Frosh team.

12-6 in the 10 play series (CM).
10-0 in the 2 qtrs. of game setting (CM).
wvhills Wrote:As I figured. I would get on here and see just how good JC is and how mediocre Cabell Midland is. How JC would win in a regular game and how CM can't play on the same level as JC. Laughable. Surely you guys were at the same game that I was at. Midland scored twice in the 10 plays offense and 10 plays defense. JC scored once during same time frame. When the clock was running and playing in a game scenario Midland scored 10 points to JC 0. Again how was it 10-7? If you are keeping score for the entirety of the scrimmage it was 24-7 Midland.

It was a good scrimmage
Pulp Fiction Wrote:#2 for CM is a player.....

Int. return for a TD.
--------------------------------------------------------

His name is Korah Booker-Hill
1st year playing Sr
Had to set out last year after a transfer from South Charleston, WV
Didn't play at South Charleston as a sophomore or freshmen