Poll: What Position Do the Bengals Draft With The Opening Two Picks?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Defensive Tackle
0%
Defensive End
50.00%
Linebacker
0%
Defensive Back
50.00%
Tight End
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals on Draft Day
BUNDY Wrote:The bengals need a good pass rusher

That and one who can stop the run, along with backers who can do the same. All that, of course, is after the take a corner in the first round, because talented corners aren't easy to come by, but there will be plenty of good run stoppers and pass rushers available into the middle rounds.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
In the first round, Yahoo! has the Bengals taking Darrelle Revis, cornerback, Pittsburgh
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Just looking at other sites that have the Bengals draft projections:
Amobi Akoye- DT, Louisville, he's only 19, and could develope into a great and explosive player, but I think that you take a corner (skill position) in the first round and just bank on Akoye or another solid tackle being available for your next picks. Might be a solid nose if they go to a 3-4, but, even if they do, I still think they'd need better backers first.

Another Darelle Revis- probly my choice.
Another Akoye- :ChairHit:
Adam Carriker- DT- "experts" are stupid- see above reasoning
Jarvin Moss- DE- not as stupid a choice, (better pass rushing opportunities, could help stop run), but I'm sticking by my philosophy of taking a skill player first
Another Carriker- :ChairHit:
Another Revis- :Thumbs: Still a great choice, in my opinion, especially with James probly gone and O'Neal struggling.
Paul Polsnuzy- LB- Penn State- real tough kid, might be a good choice since we're switching to the 3-4
Another Polsnuzy- but has them taking Marcus McCauley-CB, in the 2nd, but I think it should be CB then LB, if anything
Reggie Nelson- DB- Florida

Thoughts??
BFritz Wrote:Just looking at other sites that have the Bengals draft projections:
Amobi Akoye- DT, Louisville, he's only 19, and could develope into a great and explosive player, but I think that you take a corner (skill position) in the first round and just bank on Akoye or another solid tackle being available for your next picks. Might be a solid nose if they go to a 3-4, but, even if they do, I still think they'd need better backers first.

Another Darelle Revis- probly my choice.
Another Akoye- :ChairHit:
Adam Carriker- DT- "experts" are stupid- see above reasoning
Jarvin Moss- DE- not as stupid a choice, (better pass rushing opportunities, could help stop run), but I'm sticking by my philosophy of taking a skill player first
Another Carriker- :ChairHit:
Another Revis- :Thumbs: Still a great choice, in my opinion, especially with James probly gone and O'Neal struggling.
Paul Polsnuzy- LB- Penn State- real tough kid, might be a good choice since we're switching to the 3-4
Another Polsnuzy- but has them taking Marcus McCauley-CB, in the 2nd, but I think it should be CB then LB, if anything
Reggie Nelson- DB- Florida

Thoughts??

I really want Cincinatti to take him..
However, didn't he tear his ACL? There might be some liability there.

This might sound stupid, but I wouldn't mind seeing them get Quin Pitcock either.
Gorn Wrote:I really want Cincinatti to take him..
However, didn't he tear his ACL? There might be some liability there.

This might sound stupid, but I wouldn't mind seeing them get Quin Pitcock either.

He partially tore his PCL and MCL, but I don't think it was bad and he should be full go in a few weeks.

Pitcock might be a good choice too, but I'm sticking with my guns and saying that they shouldn't draft a linebacker til the second round or later. Sure we need linebackers and linemen to stop the run, but those are usually around even after the first round..... Take a corner first round, and then in the second round and later rounds, get linebackers who like to kill people and linemen who take up space and rush the passer. There's a reason DBs are called a skill position........
BFritz Wrote:I know you're kidding, but panic so quick? I've been the most non-panic fan around........ When they get in trouble, I'm the one who says "wait and see what really happened," while everyone else is "skip arrest, skip trial, straight to execution," and, a few times (if not most), I've been right. They lose a game or two, I don't panic, I've said "they're still good." I think our troubles with the law are done, but who knows. Fritz I think you a great fan!!!

Amen, brother, Amen
I think your a great fan fritz:howdy:
D-fense
The website has them taking a corner or Reggie Nelson at safety from Florida (MVP for the National Champions). Who knows, I'm thinking I might take Nelson first, then a corner second, followed by a few defensive linemen, or maybe a backer and then defensive linemen. It all depends on who's available I guess.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Bengals needs to use better judgement that they have in the past..I KNOW THAT, wit the exception of Pollack!

Can Pollack still play? Last time I seen him he had a massive neckbrace on and could barely move. If the one linebacker from Penn St. is available they should take him or the one that on the Butkus Award from Ohio State.
BUNDY Wrote:The bengals need a good pass rusher

They definitely need a good pass rusher, but hopefully they can also get someone who can stop the run.