Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 48 Nicholas Co. 26
Final
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good Job Rams! It was a tough one through 3 but sounds like Raceland wore em DOWN! Safe travels back home! Now get some rest and see you in Paintsville next week for you spank'n!!!! :moon:
Congratulations Rams!
Congrats to Rams.
Congrats to the Rams
Congrats Rams.
Congrats Raceland on win tonight didn't expect Nicholas to score this many points. :pondering:
Nicholas best player ejected... Kid needed to hold his cool. You can't do that in the playoffs when it matters.
I just made it back home and I must say this was an exciting game to watch. Nicholas County had a lot of fire in them in the first half and Raceland seemed a bit shell shocked and didn't play very well early in the game. Both side had a lot of penalties and this was a chippy game from the start. The officiating in this game was terrible as the referees never had control over the game and both sides were fighting all night. I am not saying we were perfect angels tonight but Nicholas County played very dirty and I think the Raceland players got tired of it and they woke up a sleeping giant. The tide of the game really changed in the 3rd quarter after the Rams had a player get ejected and they played very angry and scored 30 unanswered points in the second half to put the game away.

Bailey Walker was a man amongst boys tonight and I don't know the stats but I am pretty sure he had close to 300 all purpose yards and several touchdowns tonight. I was also very impressed with the ability of the team to respond in the face of adversity. It really showed a lot about their character to keep fighting and to put a team away after getting punched in the mouth early on. Nicholas County had some big strong kids on their team and they kind of reminded me of Paintsville's 2014 team. If they can keep building on what they have they very well could be a legitimate contender in the next few years.
I agree. We were sluggish, sloppy, and slow after our first two scores. Started forcing throws and not much patience by Bailey letting things develope. Then, Fairchild got ejected for defending himself (but 9 times out of 10 the one who fights back gets the flag)....when that happened, we started playing really inspired football. Bailey was not going to be denied when he got near the goal line and that kick return was something else. Muffs the catch, kicks the ball when trying to pick it up, then he was a blur. Nathaniel ran strong and fast tonight as well. Defensively, we kicked it into high gear after the ejection. Thats the defense we were playing early in the season. Hopefully that fire continues next week. IT HAS TO.