Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr.Football Candidates
Frozen Tundra Wrote:I think someone dropped the mic on your head. Its ok if you dont think Johnson should win but to leave him off a list of candidates is absurd and just utterly ridiculous.Confusederiously:

:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:
Saw on Twitter that Johnson received an offer today from D1 Murray St.
I was hoping he would go to EKU.
Jake Johnson is the model for Mr. Football. Does what it takes to help his team win. He is not the first to touch the ball either. He has to create separation to get the ball, then make moves to gain yards after a catch. He was double teamed a lot this year and still created separation. On defense he tackled, covered, and intercepted passes. The pick six was a huge play against South Oldham and was huge for Pulaski reaching the Finals.
I believe Jake Johnson should win this prestigious award! Best player overall in the State!
Willie Turnover Wrote:I was hoping he would go to EKU.

Would have to think this may put some pressure for that to happen

It's one thing to pass on a local star when noone you play is offering him as well.. it's another thing to pass on a local star when there is a chance he may make you pay for it for the next 4 years.
PC coaches feel strongly that Eastern and Southern Illinois will offer. But with Murray State's offense I think that would be a great fit for Johnson.
A list that doesn't include Johnson Central's Geordan Blanton is missing by far one of the best athletes in the state. He passed, ran, and caught touchdowns at 3 positions on offense. He also had 3 blocked punts and 5 ints on defense for the 4A STATE CHAMPS.