•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final: Johnson Central 71 Paintsville 62
eaglehoops Wrote:I was just told by a member of the JC girls team that coach Starns was gonna be painted up for tomorrows game vs. Pville... ala UT's coach, this is awesome. I wonder if Bill Mike is gonna do this? :rockon:

BMR will never do that. thats like bobby night painting himself black and red.
never will happin, i maybe could see BMR doing somthing like that if he was a 2nd year coach that is trying to keep his job. its just a thought.
Blackcat80 Wrote:I think it was the other way around.

That is because it was the other way around. No thinking about it.
The Guru Wrote:Paintsville's Cheerleaders were standing in front of the fans, cheering and throwing balls and stuff to their crowd. JC players showed poor class first by running between the girls and the fans. There was only about 4 feet between the girls and fans, but that was right were JC ran through.
Did Paintsville make it a point to run in front of the JC fans?...No. Did they try to get between the JC girls and their fans?...No. They stayed behind them like you are supposed to do.
When JC's boys got to midcourt, they could have just as easily run onto the court from there, couldn't they? Although I didn't condone what the cheerleaders did. I thought JC deserved it.

Of course you think JC deserved it...you always do. But the fact of the matter is the JC always runs down the sidelines...and JC's girls were courteous enough to stay at the end of the floor until both teams took the floor before they got over in front of the fan section.
CheerVeteran Wrote:I was thinking the same exact thing.....I'm pretty sure that they throw those plastic basketballs out at almost every game, and if you run directly in front of them, odds are you are going to get hit with one! I don't think it was a deliberate gesture of rudeness!

It was deliberate...I watched two Paintsville cheerleaders look directly at JC players and throw balls at their heads and the balls bounce off their heads and the rest of the squad thought that was hilarious....then one girl threw the plastic bag that the balls were in in the face of another player. That is deliberate whether you want to believe it or not.
EagleMom Wrote:It was deliberate...I watched two Paintsville cheerleaders look directly at JC players and throw balls at their heads and the balls bounce off their heads and the rest of the squad thought that was hilarious....then one girl threw the plastic bag that the balls were in in the face of another player. That is deliberate whether you want to believe it or not.

All these kids know each other and most are friends outside of school. And unlike most on here don't jump to conclusions when something like this happens. It prol. was deliberate but in good fun. They are FRIENDS they can do this and laugh about in on myspace or whatever. I don't think they meant anything by it though.
eaglehoops Wrote:All these kids know each other and most are friends outside of school. And unlike most on here don't jump to conclusions when something like this happens. It prol. was deliberate but in good fun. They are FRIENDS they can do this and laugh about in on myspace or whatever. I don't think they meant anything by it though.

Sorry, I can't believe that at all. It was a deliberate act not in good fun. I watched it...but whatever...seems no one else cares anyway.

If my daughter was on that squad and I saw her do something like that to the opposing team...she would be pulled from that squad and not allowed back on. It is just out and out bad sportsmanship and I do not teach my kids to be that way. School rivalry or not.
Good post hoops.....I agree, a lot of the things done, are done for fun, especially between the students and players. Some isn't, but I think a lot is things that have been discussed ahead of time.

Fans see things that doesn't always bother the kids, and get the panties in a wad. Now I will say, things seem to be going overboard, especially if there is pushing, shoving, hitting, adults writing letters and message for windshields and being a general pain in the butt. Those are the things I would like to see stopped.
Battle Tested Wrote:BMR will never do that. thats like bobby night painting himself black and red.
never will happin, i maybe could see BMR doing somthing like that if he was a 2nd year coach that is trying to keep his job. its just a thought.

:thatsfunn That one made me laugh.
EagleMom Wrote:That's funny. I don't know where you were sitting but I was sitting right in front of JC's cheerleaders and they did no such thing.:dontthink :dontthink
Well...you should look at the video that was watched at PHS today....clear as a bell, that JC cheerleaders slapped PHS cheerleaders in the face with their poms!!! I don't expect you to believe it.... but they did. It was give and take from both sides, I don't think it's right, but I am no naive enough to think that mine wouldn't do anything wrong. But you go ahead and believe that your cheerleaders are just precious little angels.
EagleMom Wrote:Sorry, I can't believe that at all. It was a deliberate act not in good fun. I watched it...but whatever...seems no one else cares anyway.

If my daughter was on that squad and I saw her do something like that to the opposing team...she would be pulled from that squad and not allowed back on. It is just out and out bad sportsmanship and I do not teach my kids to be that way. School rivalry or not.
well...I guess it is evident that you don't have cheerleaders then.LOL Cause they already would have done something!!
eaglehoops Wrote:All these kids know each other and most are friends outside of school. And unlike most on here don't jump to conclusions when something like this happens. It prol. was deliberate but in good fun. They are FRIENDS they can do this and laugh about in on myspace or whatever. I don't think they meant anything by it though.
They are friends for the most part, sure there are some that don't get along, but there are some that don't get along at their own schools. My daughter spent Sat. night with a couple of girls from JCHS. It's no big deal.
Doubt very seriously that the cheerleaders from either squad are precious little angels, but I do know that some are close friends with each other, while some may not be. Wasn't at the game so I don't know what happened, but did all do it? I highly doubt it.
20/20 Wrote:Doubt very seriously that the cheerleaders from either squad are precious little angels, but I do know that some are close friends with each other, while some may not be. Wasn't at the game so I don't know what happened, but did all do it? I highly doubt it.
Nope, not all, just a few.
I know that PHS has no angels.....it's killing me but I think mine might be becoming a "hellion"!!! I need to bust her a$$....matter of fact... I think I will go do that now....lord knows I havn't in about 7-8 months!
The Guru Wrote:Well...you should look at the video that was watched at PHS today....clear as a bell, that JC cheerleaders slapped PHS cheerleaders in the face with their poms!!! I don't expect you to believe it.... but they did. It was give and take from both sides, I don't think it's right, but I am no naive enough to think that mine wouldn't do anything wrong. But you go ahead and believe that your cheerleaders are just precious little angels.

can you post this on utube and give me the link please?
Youngerthandirt Wrote:I can agree with "off The Hook", this is a fight that's between cousins and in some cases bother and sisters. We all know that we're from the same county, and both schools are in the same town. We don't like to lose to one another, but at my house, when the games over, it's over until the next one.

I don't agree with everthing thing their schools system does, or doesn't do. I don't agree with their leadership on several items, but I don't have a dog in their fight, so whatever they do in their system, is their problem. The last thing I want to hear is someone from outside telling us, and them, what to do, and how to handle "our" rivalry.

I totally disagree with a lot of the things that go on like the Top 10 list. I think this past Apple Bowl, the list went way past the funny bantering that it was in years past. Both administrations need to stop it in the bud. As for adults getting involved with Christmas Cards or whatever......they need to grow up, and grow up fast. I have no idea who is being accused (adult) for the things mentioned above, but I know one thing, if our Administration knows who it is, they again need to step to the plate and get it stopped. I'm a Paintsville fan from the tips of my toes to the bottom of my feet, but that doesn't mean myself or a lot of PHS fans agree with eveything that a small percentage of the fans do. We're stuck with them for the time being

:thumpsup: Good post!!
Forgive me Johson Countians, but this thread has run its course.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)