Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KHSAA no longer publicly displays list of ejected/suspended players?
Since the reworking of their website, ive noticed the list of suspended players from ejections is no where to be found. It use to be under KHSAA DQ reports on file.

Seems this should be public record, and was a great tool for media/fan wanting to know who was suspended and for how many games.

Can anyone else find it, or is the KHSAA continuing to make stupid moves?
I don't see it either. However, that has nothing to do with the KSHAA continuing to make stupid moves!

Confusednicker:
Gut quit being nosey. It wasn't as bad as it sounds. 4+3 and one coach
Bossdaddy Wrote:Gut quit being nosey. It wasn't as bad as it sounds. 4+3 and one coach

What are you talking about?
Have you checked again? Because out of curiosity, I checked it out and found it where it's always been.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:Have you checked again? Because out of curiosity, I checked it out and found it where it's always been.

You got a link?
The old links from my favorites don't work and I can't find it on there anymore.
I'll close the thread of it does actually exist
I've had trouble locating the transfer list of players names on the site as well. Anyone else?
Coaches and officials only
Real Badman Wrote:Coaches and officials only

This must have started only a year or two ago.
That is ridicolous but not surprising.
My buddy said Corbin and Clay had some kids threw out of baseball game for fighting, said about 6-7 kids involved.
You can still pull up some older copies of the list using the internet archive, tho it looks like the KHSAA web folks are trying to redirect the crawlers to a dead page. I'm a great believer in keeping things public. Newest I could find was 2014.

https://web.archive.org/web/201210061028...st_public/
Tica Wrote:You can still pull up some older copies of the list using the internet archive, tho it looks like the KHSAA web folks are trying to redirect the crawlers to a dead page. I'm a great believer in keeping things public. Newest I could find was 2014.

https://web.archive.org/web/201210061028...st_public/

Agreed. As long as our tax dollars goes to public schools, then we have a right to know.
Sadly, I'm going to assume you could still find a list, but only by filing an open records request at the very least.
Im just guessing here, but I assume that they got a court order that they could no longer post it because the kids are minors. We had the same thing happen with the KYMSFA years ago, thats why we dont post the Allstar and Team KY rosters publicly.

You have issues with kids that my be under protection from legal events or a parent that doesnt have custody that in posting the list you publicly give location and other information.

Again Im guessing, but its probably a good guess.
So it's fine to publicly identify a player on a roster. But when he or she steps put of line and is held to account for unacceptable behavior, even though it happens in front of a stadium with sometimes thousands of people, then it's a secret. Gotcha.
Tica Wrote:So it's fine to publicly identify a player on a roster. But when he or she steps put of line and is held to account for unacceptable behavior, even though it happens in front of a stadium with sometimes thousands of people, then it's a secret. Gotcha.

Wouldnt be surprised to see the public rosters go away as well, again, if this is the reason why it was removed.