Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2017 KHSBCA All-State Baseball Team was released Monday Night (June 12th)
The 2017 KHSBCA All-State Baseball Team was released Monday Night (June 12th):

I posted it here:

https://twitter.com/NateInSports/status/...0629982208

https://twitter.com/NateInSports/status/...0629982208

Here's the graphic I made:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCMTJisXgAAyL9X.jpg

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCMTJisXgAAyL9X.jpg]
McCracken County has been to back-to-back final fours. Never lost a first region game, 41-0. Played one of the toughest schedules in the state, if not the toughest for 4 years running. Most of these kids on this list have never faced even an above average pitcher. Batting .400 vs scrubs means what? We did all this with one first team player........right.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:McCracken County has been to back-to-back final fours. Never lost a first region game, 41-0. Played one of the toughest schedules in the state, if not the toughest for 4 years running. Most of these kids on this list have never faced even an above average pitcher. Batting .400 vs scrubs means what? We did all this with one first team player........right.

First off, let me start by saying your team has had a great run since opening its doors. Now, on to the bulk of my reply:

So you are making the claim that "weaker" regions got more kids on the 1st team, and it's your team that is 41-0 in your region? Ummm, wouldn't that actually be evidence that the 1st region is "weaker" than the others??? Having only ONE team dominate like this, well, that's not exactly saying anything positive about the talent level at the other schools is it?

Region 1 had only 4 teams with 20+ wins overall. They had 8 teams that were under .500 ball for the season and a combined record of 63-115. Now, this means that 57% of Region 1 finished below .500.........and you claim this is strong competition?

Now, to McCracken's credit, their schedule consisted of a lot of out-of-region opponents. Kudos for that. But so did other teams in other regions around the state.

Now, on to the fact that you claim that players in the other "weaker" regions don't see an "above average pitcher" regularly. How do you know this? For a fact, that is? I can tell you that in the 15th region there has been a player DRAFTED professionally (out of high school and college), there are currently several arms that are 82mph or higher that throw in that region. As for the 16th, there have been even more arms over the past (and current) that would be classified as "above average". I think you can go to each region and find this to be true.

It's OK to be ticked off that your team didn't get what you thought was "fair", but don't attempt to put down other teams or players for something you know nothing about (talent levels).

Good luck this week!
Congrats to Geordan Blanton and Braxton Kelly for making 1st team..
Also congrats to Scott Stapleton for making 3rd team and batting .483 for the season!
Great Mountain players.
Congrats to Hazard's Ryan Smith!
Did you look to see how many 1st region games we play? Clueless rhetoric. Batting .400 against average high school pitching means nothing.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:Did you look to see how many 1st region games we play? Clueless rhetoric. Batting .400 against average high school pitching means nothing.

You put that you guys were 41-0 against Region 1 opponents. And, you never answered the ultimate question: How many games have you seen from the other 15 regions in the state to make your claim of "average high school pitching"?

Be focused on your semifinals game and be proud of your program. Right now you are looking like a crybaby. Looking at the first team, the only team to have multiple players was Johnson Central and the 16th region had 2 players as well. Do you know anything about their schedule? What about the two players: Blanton and Kelly? BOTH are Division-1 signees (Marshall). And their schedule was pretty dang impressive. Now Gage Hughes (Greenup) was the 16th region representative, and he's already signed with University of Cincinnati. And then there's Ben Jordan (West Carter), who's signed with UK......

So......what McCracken players that were left out are D-1 signees you speak of????? Confusednicker:
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:You put that you guys were 41-0 against Region 1 opponents. And, you never answered the ultimate question: How many games have you seen from the other 15 regions in the state to make your claim of "average high school pitching"?

Be focused on your semifinals game and be proud of your program. Right now you are looking like a crybaby. Looking at the first team, the only team to have multiple players was Johnson Central and the 16th region had 2 players as well. Do you know anything about their schedule? What about the two players: Blanton and Kelly? BOTH are Division-1 signees (Marshall). And their schedule was pretty dang impressive. Now Gage Hughes (Greenup) was the 16th region representative, and he's already signed with University of Cincinnati. And then there's Ben Jordan (West Carter), who's signed with UK......

So......what McCracken players that were left out are D-1 signees you speak of????? Confusednicker:
Not to mention that Blanton is also the Kentucky Male Athlete of the Year.

1st Team All State in Baseball.
1st Team All State in Football
Kentucky 4A Football Player of the Year
State Wrestling Champion

And that's just for this year alone.

He has been all state and the state champion more than once on all the above....I don't know this because I have no info on it , but he is quite possibly the most decorated athlete in the history of the KHSAA.
When did i mention a particular player? Did i say everyone on the list was undeserving? God there's nothing worst than a thinned skinned troll. The system just merely doesn't reward kids playing the toughest schedules. Certain schools like MCHS, Trinity and St. X are just playing opponents on a different level. I'm sure there are others in smaller classes.......I'm leaving off, so don't soil your panties over it. There are kids on the All-state 2nd and 3rd teams that would never take the field for the Mustangs. It just a talent/physical ability issue. Doesn't mean parents shouldn't be proud of those kids. BTW - There's no Crying in Baseball. So dry those eyes, pull-up those underoos and act like a big girl now. Ok, Honey?
Jackson Purchase Wrote:When did i mention a particular player? Did i say everyone on the list was undeserving? God there's nothing worst than a thinned skinned troll. The system just merely doesn't reward kids playing the toughest schedules. Certain schools like MCHS, Trinity and St. X are just playing opponents on a different level. I'm sure there are others in smaller classes.......I'm leaving off, so don't soil your panties over it. There are kids on the All-state 2nd and 3rd teams that would never take the field for the Mustangs. It just a talent/physical ability issue. Doesn't mean parents shouldn't be proud of those kids. BTW - There's no Crying in Baseball. So dry those eyes, pull-up those underoos and act like a big girl now. Ok, Honey?

lol....You seem to be the only one that is snotting around, sis.

I take it that your kid didn't make it?Confusednicker:
Bob Seger Wrote:Not to mention that Blanton is also the Kentucky Male Athlete of the Year.

1st Team All State in Baseball.
1st Team All State in Football
Kentucky 4A Football Player of the Year
State Wrestling Champion

And that's just for this year alone.

He has been all state and the state champion more than once on all the above....I don't know this because I have no info on it , but he is quite possibly the most decorated athlete in the history of the KHSAA.

I agree. If what he has done in high school isn't a record then I really want to see the stats of the actual record holder. That is amazing!
No. My kid is a freshman. Doesn't belong on this list.