Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 24 - Southern Miss 17
Final

This puppy was ugly and Kentucky probably shouldn't have won this game at all. But I'll take it and my only concern was with our offensive play calling. But I also was thinking maybe we weren't trying to show too much of our offense for the rest of the SEC opponents to see. That's the only thing that I can come up with for the questionable play calls.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Confusednicker:

One things for sure....that was Stoops Troops out there
Couple observations. 1.) Our special teams are really good. McGinnis is proven and the new punter did a great job, something we have sorely needed. 2.) Defense looked somewhat improved, but way too many missed tackles in space. You're not gonna be able to rely on getting all those crucial turnovers every game. 3.) Offensively, great to see CJ Conrad emerge, he is a real weapon. But as for the rest of the offense, well I'm glad we've got EKU this week, no offense to the Colonels, but we've got a lot of tweaking to do. I like Stephen Johnson, I really do, but I'm not sure he will be the starting quarteback as the season unfolds.
Overall, not as encouraging as I think most of us would have hoped, but I think it shows the upgraded expectations for the program that we are actually sort of disappointed after getting a road win over a decent team that beat us a year ago.
EKU week so the offense will put on a show this week and hopefully get some kinks worked out before we play the South Carolina under the lights the week after.