Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Bryant's Great Grandson, QB Prospect, To Visit UK
Back in April, Mark Stoops offered top 2019 quarterback Paul Tyson, the great-grandson of legendary Alabama and Kentucky coach Bear Bryant. Several months and major suitors later, Tyson said he plans to visit Kentucky this fall.

In an interview with Bleacher Report, Tyson, considered the 11th best pro-style quarterback in his class by Rivals, insisted that even though he spent his childhood going to Alabama games with his family, he’s not set on becoming a member of the Crimson Tide.

“It would definitely be awesome to play there,” Paul says. “I’ve watched so many games there, and playing on the same field would be really cool. But no one has put any pressure on me to play there. I want to go to the best place for me. I want to go somewhere I can win a national championship and where I’m the school’s No. 1 guy.”

One of those places could be Kentucky, where Bryant coached from 1946 to 1953. Tyson and his family have already visited Alabama, Duke and North Carolina State, and have trips to Kentucky, Florida, Georgia and Tennessee planned. That’s a very good thing, because in his first varsity start for Hewitt-Trussville on Friday, he went 19-24 for 285 yards and four touchdowns. Impressive.

If only there were a place where he could honor his great-grandfather’s memory AND be the number one guy. Hmm…

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/bear...-kentucky/
You forgot one thing , Bryant was mad when he left and the kid said he wanted to compete for a National Championship. U.K. Out.
Predator/Prey Wrote:You forgot one thing , Bryant was mad when he left and the kid said he wanted to compete for a National Championship. U.K. Out.

No, I didn't forget it. I just reposted an article.
Stoops doesn't need to waste time on players he has a zero percent chance of getting.
No kid in their right mind would choose UK over Bama. NOBODY

Well except for Elam. We see how great he turned out after 4 years of stoops.
He will be a janitor back at John Hardin high school next year most likely.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Stoops doesn't need to waste time on players he has a zero percent chance of getting.
No kid in their right mind would choose UK over Bama. NOBODY

Well except for Elam. We see how great he turned out after 4 years of stoops.
He will be a janitor back at John Hardin high school next year most likely.

I guess he wasn't good enough to qualify for a used car salesman in Lexington or a security guard at a bank in town. I guess janitor is about right.