Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin County 73 Paintsville 71 (Overtime)
last shot if you didnt get to see
HornetFan1 Wrote:How bout them hornets!! 2 District Titles! Good luck to my girls and for the boys, great last second shot Eric you saved us, Im sure it was a great night for the seniors. Paintsville didnt deserve the victory we earned it!

Yes you did indeed!!! MC played a great game and Paintsville didn't play as well!

Also, great to see the fan support for the Hornets! I would'nt be surprised if they didn't have a lot more than the Tigers!

Hopefully the Tigers and Hornets can both get first round wins at the Expo! I truly believe that the 57th is definately the toughest district to get out of!
GREAT JOB MAGOFFIN!....LETS GO HORNETS!....goodluck to both the boys and girls teams at regionals!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Yes you did indeed!!! MC played a great game and Paintsville didn't play as well!

Also, great to see the fan support for the Hornets! I would'nt be surprised if they didn't have a lot more than the Tigers!

Hopefully the Tigers and Hornets can both get first round wins at the Expo! I truly believe that the 57th is definately the toughest district to get out of!

Totally agree about the last part. When I walked into the Gym it looked as to me that Magoffin had more people than Paintsville.
Great shot, it didn't look like a walk to me. He spun on his pivot foot then went up with it. What a way to end the ball game.
GRIZZ Wrote:Great shot, it didn't look like a walk to me. He spun on his pivot foot then went up with it. What a way to end the ball game.
I thought the exact same thing, It sure doesn't look like a walk or atleast its not in any kind of basketball that I've seen over the years. Eric sure should be proud of himself! He made Magoffin the happiest that they've been in quite awhile. (Boy's basketball that is!) We're proud of you!
yes i belive my heart stopped when that shot went up that little time seemed like forever
I think everybody's did, to much excitement, I almost collapsed. I swear if I had heart conditions, I wouldn't be here today conversing with all of you lovely people.
wow what a shot and no question about that, it wasnt a walk at all perfect spin move
HornetFan1 Wrote:wow, was that towards magoffin?
Almost everyboy on here looks for the negative in every post.I dont think anything was towards Magoffin.All across the country on the first of the month and people who are on the draw go to the store,,so dont start any crap or get offline!!!
Old school Dawg Wrote:Almost everyboy on here looks for the negative in every post.I dont think anything was towards Magoffin.All across the country on the first of the month and people who are on the draw go to the store,,so dont start any crap or get offline!!!
trust me it was meant for the Magoffin fans and who are you to get on here and tell people not to start any crap or get offline ?
Old school Dawg Wrote:Almost everyboy on here looks for the negative in every post.I dont think anything was towards Magoffin.All across the country on the first of the month and people who are on the draw go to the store,,so dont start any crap or get offline!!!

Who said I was looking for something negative, most of the time Paintsville does joke around about Magoffin county, but we are just as good. If it wasnt for Magoffin County Paintsville wouldnt have nothin, we purchase shi* in your stores and then you have the heart to go and bitc* about Magoffin County!
The Fan Wrote:trust me it was meant for the Magoffin fans and who are you to get on here and tell people not to start any crap or get offline ?

Yeah you are right, he dont have no right to tell no one to get offline bygod!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Yes you did indeed!!! MC played a great game and Paintsville didn't play as well!

I agree, Magoffins crowd were packed into the stands like sardines! And as for Paintsville they werent so crowded!
HornetFan1 Wrote:I agree, Magoffins crowd were packed into the stands like sardines! And as for Paintsville they werent so crowded!

well you got to look at it this way Paintsville doesnt have as many people in their school and MC does so its kinda hard to out # them lol. In Assembly’s when the whole school is in the gym we barley take up on side of the bleachers.
Buckeyex7x Wrote:well you got to look at it this way Paintsville doesnt have as many people in their school and MC does so its kinda hard to out # them lol. In Assembly’s when the whole school is in the gym we barley take up on side of the bleachers.

very true
Congrats to Magoffin Co. on the win, they just came out and played their tails off. The team that wanted it more won the game. Good luck in Regionals.
the worst thing that would ever happen to Johnson Central and Paintsville is if Magoffin moves districts, we bring so big of crowds which means big money for their school...
The Guru Wrote:Why not???? Arnett drove 75 feet did a spin move and got the shot off in less than 4.6 sec.
Bundy caught the rebound in mid air and just threw it in. that might have taken .2 seconds.

75 feet? Come on.
Arnett caught the ball some 10 feet on Paintsville's end and shot the ball from around 15 feet which is a total of around 25 feet from passing the ball. High School length is 84 feet in length. That is somewhere around a drive of 60 feet in 4.6 seconds.
The Guru Wrote:You tell us???
Have they had bad games...yes
have they had great games...yes
Can they be beaten...Yes
can They win the region...Yes
They are still young and talented, time will tell.
If they get it together this year and win the region, will it get the monkey off their backs?
If they don't this year, but win it next year would they be a disappointment?
I will answer the next one.
If they never get out of the region this year or next year, then they will probably go down as the biggest disappointment in PHS history. Yes, most likely.
Now....how would the rest of the region teams like to have that kind of pressure???
You can say what you want about these young men, but they have more pressure than anyone on them, so what ever you have to say, won't faze them!
Go Big Blue!

So the Magoffin County Lady Hornets haven't had no pressure on them in the past few seasons?
congratss to the hornets !!!!! keep your heads up tigers and make us proud!!!!
One of the best comments I have read on here. We are the 57th district, we are the laughing stock of Central, Northern and Western Kentucky when it comes to anything. They have been several schools in the past that just act like children before, during and after a sporting event. It usually is Johnson Central and Paintsville due to they're geographic locations. When one team wins from the 57th district, we spend countless hours evaluating all the 'bad calls", gossip, actions from the crowd, seating and anything else we can bitch about, when in reality we need to get over it at the end of the fourth quater. If we don't encourage success for these young men and women that put uniforms on that state they are from Eastern Kentucky, then who is going to. I assure you when it comes to Rupp arena, if the people from our own region don't get behind these young men, the people from Louisville, Lexington and the rest of Kentucky surely aren't going to.
Watchful Eye Wrote:We are the 57th district, we are the laughing stock of Central, Northern and Western Kentucky when it comes to anything. .

I really don't understand your reasons behind this statement.
Lawrence Wrote:Of course it was. It seems to me that all of these other counties are quick to throw out jokes and unappropriate remarks towards Magoffin County but they must easily forget where they are located. We are ALL located in Eastern Kentucky and IMO these other counties have no room whatsoever to say ANYTHING disrespectful towards Magoffin. People outside of this area perceive the entire region, not just Magoffin, as a bunch of dumb hicks who live in the mountains. With that said, show some class and act like adults.
I was attempting to comment on one of your quotes, believe it or not. As you can view my status of "Junior Member"-that translates to making a couple of mistakes here and there with posts. Sorry.
That could have been the biggest win in school history. i believe the hornets havent played up 2 there ability all year until friday night when they all played the best games of there lives.and it came at a perfect time in the districts championship game to avenge the loss last year 2 paintsville!!!!!! great came hornets and good luck in regionals.
Redneck Wrote:Rolleyes So you were watchin the clock instead of watchin to see how the game was gonna turn out Smile .

well I just figured I'd look up at the clock to see what the time was and it stopped it dosent take a genious to watch both the clock and the game now does it?Smile Smile