Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franklin-Simpson 35 Johnson Central 21 (4A championship)
Final from Kroger Field.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Franklin-Simpson was the better team. No excuses.
Wow! Didn't see this one coming. Congrats Franklin Simpson
What a surprise this is, JC was too one dimensional this year. You can only pound the run so much before someone finds a way to stop it. Good season, nothing to hang their heads about. Should be there again next year!
FS put 9 in the box and blitzed all night. The deep ball was there from the first snap. Do not understand why Central did not turn into a pass first team. Not sure they forced a punt the whole game, but certainly could have scored quickly all night. Congrats FS
Franklin Simpson was clearly the best team in 4A this season. Johnson Central was out played and out coached tonight - and that rarely happens. What this game and last year's 4A final showed is that without any common opponents, nothing should surprise us in a championship game. Congrats to FS and its coaching staff!
Why didn’t they just kick the ball out of bounds instead of onsiding!!
Congratulations on your victory Franklin-Simpson!

Also, congratulations to Johnson Central on their spectacular season!!

Good luck to the Seniors.
Congrats to JC on a great season! Sadly for the first time since 2012, no team east of Lexington will bring home a Title. Hopefully we can change that next season.
The stats are telling....

JC was 1 of 7 on 3rd conv.

FS was 5 of 12 on 3rd down conv.
FS was 3 of 3 on 4th down conv.

Time of Possession.
JC - 18:24
FS - 29:36

Total yards
JC - 246
FS - 386
BelfryPride Wrote:Congrats to JC on a great season! Sadly for the first time since 2012, no team east of Lexington will bring home a Title. Hopefully we can change that next season.

Next year, Pikeville should dominate single A. Belfry will come back with a renewed hunger and Johnson Central will return a ton of talent. Can't imagine the mountains go without again next year.
The 1st qtr. was a killer.

Franklin-Simpson had two big passing TD's..... That was the final point difference, 14. JC played good the rest of the game and answered every other FS touchdown. No turnovers, but our offense just couldn't get n to a rhythm.

No blowout and no last-second score for the win.... It was just one team being better than the other.
I will completely agree with Elm street! JC needs to work more on a passing game and that would help them defend a passing team. The better team won this one today for sure.
Sixty games are possible in a four year football career. Playing sixty games would mean that you played in the state championship game from your freshman year to senior year.

2017: 12-3; 4A State Runner-up.
2016: 14-1; 4A State Champions.
2015: 12-2; 4A State Runner-up (only fourteen games this season).
2014: 11-1; 4A 2nd round.

Out of fifty six games possible, JC's senior class went 49-7 in their high school careers, not too shabby.
This senior class also won the middle school 7th & 8th grade state championships in 2012 & 2013.
baller55 Wrote:I will completely agree with Elm street! JC needs to work more on a passing game and that would help them defend a passing team. The better team won this one today for sure.

I'm sorry sir but I disagree with you saying they need to work on a passing game. The passing game was there, Central just did not go to it enough. Riley through three bombs that was right on target. Two more had pass interference calls on them that would have hit the Receivers hands.

Watching this game, FS kept a nine man box from start to finish. They was not going to give up big runs like last year.

Central defense could not get them off the field which makes me question why Central would not have tried nothing but onside kicks in the fourth quarter because they needed to steal possessions. Whether FS got it from the 20 or 50, they was going to score.
Congratulations Franklin- Simpson .
Congrats to Franklin Simpson.
Elm street Wrote:What a surprise this is, JC was too one dimensional this year. You can only pound the run so much before someone finds a way to stop it. Good season, nothing to hang their heads about. Should be there again next year!

You can definitely pound the run on teams if you're better than them.

Next year and the year after I expect JC to be excellent.
Boyle was the best team in 4A this year - they just got to play in 3A
I never thought I'd see a JC team get dominated like they did. Franklin Simpson controlled the line of scrimmage, just looking at the body language of JC players after the first couple series you could tell they were defeated.
Obviously so disappointing as a JC fan but the program has went to 3 straight championship games with a very good team coming back next year. You can’t have too many complaints with that. Learn from this experience and come back even stronger next year.

Congratulations Franklin-Simpson you had an amazing game plan that worked so well. So props to the coaches for getting the players so well prepared. And props to the players for not letting last years game creep into their minds and playing with a chip on their shoulder.

Great season for both teams.
Tica Wrote:Boyle was the best team in 4A this year - they just got to play in 3A

Confused.
bball_fan Wrote:FS put 9 in the box and blitzed all night. The deep ball was there from the first snap. Do not understand why Central did not turn into a pass first team. Not sure they forced a punt the whole game, but certainly could have scored quickly all night. Congrats FS

Sitting here watching the replay and you are correct as FS bringing 9-10 into the box. Play action & JC could have scored each possession 1st half. Offensive coordinator should have seen that but easy to see after the fact.
[quote=Elm street]What a surprise this is, JC was too one dimensional this year. You can only pound the run so much before someone finds a way to stop it. Good season, nothing to hang their heads about. Should be there again next year![/QUOT

JC being too one dimensional has been talked about for years; I have not seen them play at all this year and was wondering if they still run the ball 98% of the time.

I warned people who were pointing out the 49 pt win against them last year not to take too much stock in that. I made that mistake before; A lot changes on HS teams year to year.

What does JC lose and have coming back for next year? Expecting another run to the final?
bball_fan Wrote:FS put 9 in the box and blitzed all night. The deep ball was there from the first snap. Do not understand why Central did not turn into a pass first team. Not sure they forced a punt the whole game, but certainly could have scored quickly all night. Congrats FS

This isn't madden. Its not how the real world works. To be "a pass first team" you have to practice that way all year.
baller55 Wrote:I will completely agree with Elm street! JC needs to work more on a passing game and that would help them defend a passing team. The better team won this one today for sure.

Franklin isn't a passing team.
Elm street Wrote:What a surprise this is, JC was too one dimensional this year. You can only pound the run so much before someone finds a way to stop it. Good season, nothing to hang their heads about. Should be there again next year![/QUOT

JC being too one dimensional has been talked about for years; I have not seen them play at all this year and was wondering if they still run the ball 98% of the time.

I warned people who were pointing out the 49 pt win against them last year not to take too much stock in that. I made that mistake before; A lot changes on HS teams year to year.

What does JC lose and have coming back for next year? Expecting another run to the final?

From the KHSAA scoreboard page. Here are JC's rushing & passing numbers.

4,982 total rushing yards for 15 games.
680 attempts, 74 Touchdowns.

1,297 total passing yards for 15 games.
112 attempts, 59 completions, 5 interceptions & 16 Touchdowns.

6,279 total offensive yards for 15 games.
Will JC be moving to 5A next year? Just a something I heard was wondering it was true.
Mcats10 Wrote:Will JC be moving to 5A next year? Just a something I heard was wondering it was true.

2018 is the last year of the current four-year classification. I have no knowledge of us moving to 5A, but I would have to believe we are gonna stay in 4A as long as possible.