Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rose admits to betting on Reds to Win every night
He's attending his first Reds game at GABP on Opening Day...He has a new display at the Reds Hall of Fame and Museum and now he takes the interview for the Dan Patrick Show admitting more guilt. He's a great draw isn't he!

Let him in the Hall of Fame. It's not the hall of the self-righteous. He bet on his team to win "every night" according to the article listed on ESPN today. What he did, to me, is diminshed by steriods.
What a jerk!!He played on speed his whole career,,but I would let him in.I would let the american public vote on this at stadiums all around the country.
That would be an easy vote to let him in. I don't see anything wrong with bettering on your team to WIN!!!
So he is allowed to go to ballparks again? If so, I am buying my seats for opening day! PUT HIM IN!!!!!!!!!
Beef Wrote:That would be an easy vote to let him in. I don't see anything wrong with bettering on your team to WIN!!!

I agree. At least he wasn't betting against his team or trying to throw games so he didn't lose any money.

He had confidence in his team and bet on them to win. Why should he not be in the Hall because of that?
yeah there are several HOF'ers that have used drugs, and with the steroid scandal running crazy, it makes no sense whatsoever to me anyways, that he is not in the hall of fame. For the sake of humanity, he's the alltime hits leader! Rogers Hornsby is in and he was in the KKK, Ty Cobb is in and well...he was Ty Cobb, lol...but I wish they would let him in. He deserves it, and furthermore I see NOTHING wrong on betting on your team to WIN. If he bet AGAINST his team, then by all means, shut the door and lock the gates. But Selig needs to open his eyes and reverse this stupidity that was passed down to him by Giamante.
i don"t like rose but i say let him in, what is wrong with betting on your own team i lost a dollar in LL FOOTBALL ban me dang.
Major League Baseball has gotten rediclious IMO! Why would you not let Pete Rose in? He is one of the greatest hitters ever to step up to the plate and one of the greatest overall baseball players to ever take the field! They should let him in by all means!
I am all for letting him in the HOF, but by no means should he be allowed to manage again. he can show up, give a speech, throw out a few opening pitches, but keep him out of the dugout. I seriously doubt Pete bet them to win every night.
There have been people do worse than bet on baseball that are in. Babe Ruth sure wasn't a model citizen. Let him in the hall. He deserves it.
I agree, he bet on his team to win, what's wrong with that. Are they gonna think twice to let Barry Bonds in, no, and he's been on steroids for years.
Beef Wrote:That would be an easy vote to let him in. I don't see anything wrong with bettering on your team to WIN!!!
Let me tell you why that would go wrong.He probably pitched people longer than he should.He probably pinched hit more than he should.He played every game like it was the LAST game.Probably used more relief pitchers than he needed too.
Old school Dawg Wrote:Let me tell you why that would go wrong.He probably pitched people longer than he should.He probably pinched hit more than he should.He played every game like it was the LAST game.Probably used more relief pitchers than he needed too.
So there is something wrong with trying to WIN every night?

PLAYBOY5 Wrote:So he is allowed to go to ballparks again? If so, I am buying my seats for opening day! PUT HIM IN!!!!!!!!!
I do believe that he has always been allowed at ballparks, but only as a spectator (or when MLB was getting the BIG $$$$. Didn't see them complaining then Rolleyes )
Let him in, because of his on the field accomplishments, he was arguably one of the greatest players of all time and by far the greatest hitter to ever grace the game, and all of that is taken away because he bet on the Reds every night. Look at Darryl Strawberry, he was banned from the game 7 times and he was let back into the game 7 times. Give Rose some respect please! And I cant stand Bud Selig.
Beef Wrote:So there is something wrong with trying to WIN every night?

I do believe that he has always been allowed at ballparks, but only as a spectator (or when MLB was getting the BIG $$$$. Didn't see them complaining then Rolleyes )
Yes there is something wrong when you are not thinking of the games that are coming up in the following days.He was probably tempted because of the money he bet to not worry about anything except the game you are playing that day.I think he should be in too,,no doubt about it.But why is it that betting has always been the one rule that everyone knew you better not break and now he says he was betting on everygame.Because putting money on a game does affect your decisions.You dont think about any game except the game your playing that night and a manager cannot to that.Can you see what I am saying.
Old school Dawg Wrote:Let me tell you why that would go wrong.He probably pitched people longer than he should.He probably pinched hit more than he should.He played every game like it was the LAST game.Probably used more relief pitchers than he needed too.
so whats wrong with plain like its your last? do you have somethin against tryin to win?
Let him in.
bizmark Wrote:so whats wrong with plain like its your last? do you have somethin against tryin to win?
Yes I do if your doing in a way to hurt your chances in your next,,say 5 games..Your not reading my earlier posts.
Playing to win money not win games is another reason baseball is so much against gambling.Why did Rose take such a chance on what baseball considers its biggest sin,,gambling.Its like smoking a joint the day before a drug test. Dont make any sense.,He might have went from loving baseball more than anything to loving winning money more than anything.Im not against him being in the HOF.Pete Rose was the posture boy for baseball when I was a little kid and my dad wanted me to play hard like Pete.Pete let his gambling which is a known sickness overwelm him and his love for the game.I think that is sad.
Pete is a very sad and pathetic character IMO. I say tell him he can go in the Hall of Fame provided he discuss only his accomplishments as a player. No talk about his managing days or the gambling scandal. He can have his one day. After that he sign some sort of agreement to never be aloud to be on the field in any sort of capacity and he quit discussing the incident forever. He is nothing but a liar..1st he didn't bet on baseball, then he didn't bet on his team and then he did bet on his team but only to win?? Baloney!!! No way he bet on his team when a washed up Jerry Reuss went out to the mound or say Pat Pacillo took the ball..The mans a liar..Put him and then bar him forever..
i still think he should be in HOF it does not take away from the hit record.
good glad he finally told the truth. now put the man in the HALL
Pete Rose:

All-Time Hit King - 4,256 hits

All-Time Major League Record for Most Games Played - 3,562

All-Time Major League Record for Most At-Bats - 14,053

All-Time Major League Record for Singles - 3,315

All-Time Major League record for most seasons of 200 or more hits - 10

Only player in Major League history to play more than 500 games at 5 different positions.

Major League Record for Playing in the Most Winning Games - 1,972

All-Time National League Record for Most Years Played - 24

3 World Series Rings

3 Batting Titles

2 Gold Gloves

BANNED FROM THE HALL OF FAME SINCE 1989

LET PETE IN!
Pete rose should be in the hall of fame....
let him in
Whether he bet or not he should still be in the Hall