Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region 2018/19
I have watched Perry last couple days. Probably the worst Perry team they ever had. I was excited to finally get a good game in summer. Perry has a long road
Who beat Perry?
North and South Laurel both beat Perry. Watched both games from neutral standpoint. Looks like Perry is getting everyone playing time to see who fits in his system. South is a really talented team too bad a player on each team took it too far in the scuffle. North not as talented as in the past. But this is the summer.
I had heard South was really talented..can't wait to see them play. Yeah, its summer ball and you don't always have a full team and players can't always make it to every game. Still gives you some what of a look at a team..I am looking forward to an exciting season this year. I am hearing really good things from Breathiitt, they won a few summer tournaments they say..who else is looking like an early contender in your opinion?
roundballer Wrote:I had heard South was really talented..can't wait to see them play. Yeah, its summer ball and you don't always have a full team and players can't always make it to every game. Still gives you some what of a look at a team..I am looking forward to an exciting season this year. I am hearing really good things from Breathiitt, they won a few summer tournaments they say..who else is looking like an early contender in your opinion?

Everyone always bashes my opinion on here but don’t overlook Letcher. Letcher beat Breathitt at the Sportsplex a couple weeks ago and came within 6 of beating Knott right after but got a little tired and could have easily won. Not saying they will win the Region or District but much improved from last year.
Somebody told me Letcher had almost beat Knott..didn’t know they beat Breathitt..I don’t overlook them, they always play aggressive..I only saw Knott play once this summer, and they played well, so if they played like that and Letcher came that close to beating them after already playing a game, I don’t think anybody would be smart to overlook them. Has anyone seen Estill play this summer?
Letcher was very competitive when I saw them early in the summer. No reason to put any pressure on them, but they could be a top five team. The 14th Region isn't very strong though.
Summer ball is garbage. Not an indicator of what the season brings. About like AAU ball.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Summer ball is garbage. Not an indicator of what the season brings. About like AAU ball.

I would have to disagree with that. All the teams I watched from the 14th had there starting 5 from last season minus their seniors from last season. Knott, Perry, Hazard and Breathitt all had there projected starters so it is a good indication of what they can do.
I disagree. They play way more players in these summer games than what they do come regular season. But Im sure they go hard when the best 5 are in their for both teams.
Someone says that every summer. It's not quite the same as the season, obviously, but you always get a good idea of the best teams by watching in the summer.