Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House Intelligence Committee Final Report--- NO COLLUSION
https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost...d93c7df050

Want to see a textbook mental meltdown? Take a look at Adam Schiff's Twitter feed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wow!!

Their ultimate goal was realized!! Sowing discord among American citizens.
Granny Bear Wrote:Wow!!

Their ultimate goal was realized!! Sowing discord among American citizens.
I am going to steal Sombrero's thunder by saying on his behalf, "We'll see." Confusednicker:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I am going to steal Sombrero's thunder by saying on his behalf, "We'll see." Confusednicker:

Thunder? I liken it more to eating a bowl of Rice Krispies.
^^ This whole deal with Democrats the likes of Adam Schiff opposing a US Presidential election to me, is nothing short of an assault on this government. And the awful irony of that, is the fact that already cash strapped taxpayers are being forced by their own government to pay for all the political carnage. You may remember the villain in the movie Dirty Harry who actually paid a thug to beat him to a pulp. I give you the US taxpayer.

As it now appears Dems realize that they will never be able to actually impeach the President. But short of the grand prize of impeachment the investigations, again all funded with your tax dollars, still have two functions. Create the maximum degree of chaos on a daily basis within the Administration; And secondly, since reality for these guys is always subjective to the incestuous interests of their own party, and in order to steal the midterm elections, maintain the illusion of cloak and dagger style shenanigans on the part of DJT. I mean, the former Director of the FBI for example, is on all the TV shows right now claiming the FBI operated during the period in question on the basis incredibly, on anonymous tips that supposedly just dropped in out of the sky.

Things will only get more dicey as November approaches. Therefore it is my hope that Trump somehow figures out a way to get rid of a man who is no doubt, the most feckless AG of my lifetime. Without an effective DOJ to properly litigate and investigate the madness, even an exceptionally strong President such as Mr Trump will be outmatched.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bob Seger Wrote:Thunder? I liken it more to eating a bowl of Rice Krispies.
It sounds like thunder when rolling around in a cloudy mind.
I am really sick of the assistance that senior GOP Senators have been giving to Robert Mueller and his politically motivated investigation into alleged collusion involving Donald Trump and the Russians.

In case anybody needs a reminder, I am no fan of Donald Trump. He ran a slimy primary campaign that I will never forget. However, his campaign tactics against establishment Republicans were not illegal and nothing can justify the failure of U.S. Republican Senators like Grassley, Graham, McCain, Hatch, and most others from angrily defending the office of the Presidency.

It is shameful that the angriest and most articulate defense of the presidency and our current President has come from liberal Democrat Alan Dershowitz. Congress has absolutely no right to interfere in the lawful administration of any part of the Executive Branch and that includes the hiring and firing of special investigators.

If the GOP controlled House of Representatives believe that Donald Trump has committed a high crime or misdemeanor, then it is up to them to investigate allegations of that conduct. Robert Mueller is a contract worker who was hired by a sore loser Hillary Clinton supporter. Mueller was hired by the FBI, which is undoubtedly a part of the Executive Branch of the U.S. government. Congress has no constitutional authority to grant tenure to any Executive Branch employee, and that includes Mueller.

There is no shortage of lawyers in the U.S. Senate. All U.S. Senators, including Democrats, Republicans, and whatever party Communist Bernie Sanders is currently calling home, should be explaining that they have no authority to hire, fire, or protect Mueller from being fired by Trump or anybody to whom he delegates that authority.

I am not surprised that establishment GOP politicians are unconstitutionally working with Democrats to undermine Trump's authority - but all members of Congress take an oath to uphold the U.S. Constitution, and attempting to pass a bill to usurp Trump's authority over any employee falling under his chain of command is a clear violation of that oath. The founding fathers of this nation, including Ben Franklin were right to question whether we could maintain our republic. It still survives, despite the efforts of the current Congress to dismantle it.
Hear Hear!! Hence my America down the drain analogy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I had high hopes that Republicans shared traditional American values enough to forestall ruin. I mean, McConnell et-al were IN the darn Congress during this country’s hey-day. But due to recognition of the awful reality Hoot described above, (without embellishment BTW) those hopes though not yet dashed, are nonetheless significantly diminished. I’ve heard of being struck temporarily stupid, but whatever these guys have is terminal.

In the ultimate irony and despite this President’s perceived flaws, for sanity, logic, patriotism and love of country’s sake he stands head and shoulders above the great majority of the other two branches of the federal government.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I am really sick of the assistance that senior GOP Senators have been giving to Robert Mueller and his politically motivated investigation into alleged collusion involving Donald Trump and the Russians.

In case anybody needs a reminder, I am no fan of Donald Trump. He ran a slimy primary campaign that I will never forget. However, his campaign tactics against establishment Republicans were not illegal and nothing can justify the failure of U.S. Republican Senators like Grassley, Graham, McCain, Hatch, and most others from angrily defending the office of the Presidency.
It is shameful that the angriest and most articulate defense of the presidency and our current President has come from liberal Democrat Alan Dershowitz. Congress has absolutely no right to interfere in the lawful administration of any part of the Executive Branch and that includes the hiring and firing of special investigators.

If the GOP controlled House of Representatives believe that Donald Trump has committed a high crime or misdemeanor, then it is up to them to investigate allegations of that conduct. Robert Mueller is a contract worker who was hired by a sore loser Hillary Clinton supporter. Mueller was hired by the FBI, which is undoubtedly a part of the Executive Branch of the U.S. government. Congress has no constitutional authority to grant tenure to any Executive Branch employee, and that includes Mueller.

There is no shortage of lawyers in the U.S. Senate. All U.S. Senators, including Democrats, Republicans, and whatever party Communist Bernie Sanders is currently calling home, should be explaining that they have no authority to hire, fire, or protect Mueller from being fired by Trump or anybody to whom he delegates that authority.

I am not surprised that establishment GOP politicians are unconstitutionally working with Democrats to undermine Trump's authority - but all members of Congress take an oath to uphold the U.S. Constitution, and attempting to pass a bill to usurp Trump's authority over any employee falling under his chain of command is a clear violation of that oath. The founding fathers of this nation, including Ben Franklin were right to question whether we could maintain our republic. It still survives, despite the efforts of the current Congress to dismantle it.

The actions (of people) speak louder than words they say. And unless our Senators are really aliens from afar, their actions make a lot of things clear. The first of which is the fact that the will of Senator's constituents only matters on those occasions when said 'will' happens to line up with their own opinions.

The second is that there is an arrogance associated with being a Senator that most find offensive and in direct contravention to the main principle of our founding. That of a government, according to Abraham Lincoln; "Of the people, by the people, for the people."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
The funniest reading of the week.
Reductions and redactions and blocked witnesses. Politics. Democrats would have done same to protect their own. Thus, independent counsel. We’ll see.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆️
The funniest reading of the week.
Reductions and redactions and blocked witnesses. Politics. Democrats would have done same to protect their own. Thus, independent counsel. We’ll see.

We have the independent counsel because Jeff Sessions is terrified of Democrats and charges of the politically correct origin. Thus the snowflake recusal, thus in response and in redefining the term "jump at the opportunity," Rosenstein jumped up even before morning coffee break and appointed the special counsel. Thus establishing for you, the parameters for the meaning of life.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
What has been established is that this President has a genuflect that is lying and denying somehow change reality, especially if you can divert the attention of nigh fanatical supporters onto a monolithic enemy (“the media,” “the democrats,” etc.). It is ridiculous that said folks should use terms like “sheep” and “snowflake” at all. But when was that ever a bar to any watch they keep?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆️
What has been established is that this President has a genuflect that is lying and denying somehow change reality, especially if you can divert the attention of nigh fanatical supporters onto a monolithic enemy (“the media,” “the democrats,” etc.). It is ridiculous that said folks should use terms like “sheep” and “snowflake” at all. But when was that ever a bar to any watch they keep?

Nope, nothing like that has been established. True fanatics however have charged the President in the manner you have above, over and over. I believe all who repeat unfounded slander stand guilty in the minimum, of subversion against the well-being of the United States.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Nope, nothing like that has been established. True fanatics however have charged the President in the manner you have above, over and over. I believe all who repeat unfounded slander stand guilty in the minimum, of subversion against the well-being of the United States.

Eh, go grab his genitalia, metaphorically of course. Actually, a fairly accurate word picture of the sort of fanaticism that blinds one to certain obvious realities.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Eh, go grab his genitalia, metaphorically of course. Actually, a fairly accurate word picture of the sort of fanaticism that blinds one to certain obvious realities.

You mean finaticism as in denying and dodging the findings of the Intel Committee like you did in every post you’ve made in this thread?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:You mean finaticism as in denying and dodging the findings of the Intel Committee like you did in every post you’ve made in this thread?

Reductions. Redactions. Blocked witnesses. Even Gowdy said the findings of the committee were no substitute in terms of subpoena power to Mueller. Please.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Reductions. Redactions. Blocked witnesses. Even Gowdy said the findings of the committee were no substitute in terms of subpoena power to Mueller. Please.

Ah, meltdown...It's a sad thing to watch.
Confusednicker:
Bob Seger Wrote:Ah, meltdown...It's a sad thing to watch.
Confusednicker:

Ah, dream on, as the song says, dream on.

The findings of the majority party in regards a President of that party posited as definitive? Sophomoric. Put on the cap.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Ah, dream on, as the song says, dream on.

The findings of the majority party in regards a President of that party posited as definitive? Sophomoric. Put on the cap.

I cant. You've got it stuck up your hind end right now.
Ah, I see The Boy Wonder (aka Gitback) is back stroking the ego of Geraldo...Shame he doesn't know how to think and express a thought for himself...Confusednicker:
Bob Seger Wrote:I cant. You've got it stuck up your hind end right now.

As they say these days, “Whatevs.”
All the posturing, multiple postings and "We'll see" commentaries about this report. Now that it is out, you refute the findings and won't own up to what you were saying.

You are correct TUS. We DID see.
Granny Bear Wrote:All the posturing, multiple postings and "We'll see" commentaries about this report. Now that it is out, you refute the findings and won't own up to what you were saying.

You are correct TUS. We DID see.

Correct. Lefties are driven by contempt and their rationales are always therefore, caustically in opposition to reality. You're not going to win a debate point with them because they go through life with their noses in a snit.

Mueller, Sombrero's hopeful savior, operates under the same absurdity but is thankfully constrained by the law and those who intend to uphold it now that Obama isn't there to oversee the coup.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]